Bridge still works to connect a Z10 to a Playbook. It has a Remote Control function, which would allow for control of the Playbook from the Z10.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Indeed, or you purchase a BlackBerry Music Gateway and stream Music via bluetooth onto your amplifier, connect the pb to your tv using hdmi and enable bridge sitting on the couch. Just like myself. PB is still the coolest tablet out there.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and Mecca EL like this.
    06-21-18 02:27 PM
    Does anyone know if the Key2 has Blackberry Bridge app? If not, can the Key1 or Key2 connect to the Playbook the same way as the Passport?

Blackberry Passport SE Silver Edition
    06-23-18 09:23 AM
    Does anyone know if the Key2 has Blackberry Bridge app? If not, can the Key1 or Key2 connect to the Playbook the same way as the Passport?

There is no BlackBerry Bridge app for Android.
    06-23-18 10:10 AM
    With that being said, is there a way to connect playbook to key2?

06-23-18 11:05 AM
    With that being said, is there a way to connect playbook to key2?

I can connect them but only for file transfer.
    06-23-18 12:20 PM
    Thanks

jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-23-18 12:22 PM
    Anyone still actively using their Playbook? I still use mine it's a great little tablet I just wish it could be used with PRIV. It was a little bit of a let down not being able to work with the z10 but I still use mine for media and videos as portable tablet.

Just got my BB PB working remotely to my Panasonic Home Stereo using a (gulp) ChromeCast unit via WiFi and THE Neutron BB app ! Best to use AC from the Panasonic to power the ChromeCast unit. Currently using the PHONO input to the Panasonic from a microphone output from the ChromeCast unit. Have seen PB lock up while playing...screen will not respond to my touch. Doc Neutron
    07-06-18 12:46 PM
    Yes,we use it daily for news and e-mails. However, NewsRepublic which we love has not been working for a few days. Does anyone know if it is still available? Thanks.
    07-08-18 01:53 PM
    Just picked up a 64 gb almost brand new Playbook with all the includes and an Otterbox for 25.00 in an eBay auction. I got it for my son who finally managed to kill my LTE through a lot of abuse. Sideloaded a bunch of games and photo apps (tried BlackBerry World for previously purchased apps but see other thread I started) , and got Deezer.

What an amazing deal for a robust media player, surprisingly decent video camera, excellent vibrant display. Awesome device for kids now I would think and pretty unbeatable for what you can get them for.
    07-11-18 12:59 PM
    I download online course videos to it and use it daily on my comute. My iPad's lack of a navigable file system makes it useless for the task.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-11-18 01:01 PM
    Yes,we use it daily for news and e-mails. However, NewsRepublic which we love has not been working for a few days. Does anyone know if it is still available? Thanks.
    It has been down on PlayBook and my z10. I wonder if they dropped server support?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-18 06:10 AM
    My PB is still going strong. I use it for music, Kobo, and vids when I travel. It sits on my desk playing music while I work. Does the same on the table when I relax at home. As a mobile picture frame it's a great thing. Saddest thing when it was allowed to die by RIM. Those ridiculous tablets with crap versions of Android hardly compare and are definitely Not on my radar as an eventual replacement when the PB does pass over the electronic bridge.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and dmlis like this.
    07-15-18 09:29 PM
    So I'm about to head out on vacation, and it occurs to me that it would be great to load up my Playbook with some movies. I haven't used it in a long time, but at least if I lose it, it will not be a tremendous loss. ;-)

Would someone be so kind as to tell me whether USB OTG works under the last version of BB OS or not, i.e. so I can connect a USB thumb drive? I've been Googling and I can can't find a straight answer.
    Last edited by Jorpho; 07-18-18 at 09:20 AM.
    07-18-18 08:44 AM
    whether USB OTG works under the last version of BB OS or not, i.e. so I can connect a USB thumb drive? I've been Googling and I can find a straight answer.

There is no USB OTG capability for the PlayBook so you will have to preload the videos/movies. Using a PC with your PlayBook attached by USB cable is the best way to do that.
    07-18-18 08:50 AM
    Wow, thanks, I was not expecting such a quick reply. I saw a few threads suggesting that people got USB OTG working with a rooted PlayBook under 1.x, suggesting that it's not a hardware limitation, but I suppose no one got it working under 2.x?

Also, to be clear: is there some way I can transfer files to my Playbook from my Android (Marshmallow) phone? That is, can I plug a USB OTG adapter into my phone, and then connect the PlayBook's USB cable?
    07-18-18 09:04 AM
    Wow, thanks, I was not expecting such a quick reply. I saw a few threads suggesting that people got USB OTG working with a rooted PlayBook under 1.x, suggesting that it's not a hardware limitation, but I suppose no one got it working under 2.x?

Also, to be clear: is there some way I can transfer files to my Playbook from my Android (Marshmallow) phone? That is, can I plug a USB OTG adapter into my phone, and then connect the PlayBook's USB cable?
    You are correct in that it was NOT a hardware limitation. OTG could have been achieved on the PlayBook but never was, officially.

There is really only one way to connect your Android phone and the PlayBook and that is by a common or local wifi connection. A bluetooth connection can be achieved but is too rudimentary (PlayBook side) to be of any use for transfer of video files. The wifi connection is fine BUT very slow in massive video file transfer. There are various ways to connect by wifi but I use a universal app called Ducto. The PlayBook version is extremely difficult to find but I have the .bar. I would not recommend this method because of the slowness which is why I suggested using Windows File Explorer to drag and drop.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-18 11:09 AM
    Just to be clear: the PlayBook doesn't support USB MTP? Doesn't it require Administrator privileges if I try to plug it into any x64 Windows computer in an Internet cafe?

As for that app, I think you meant Dukto. Sounds like it might be handy – I'll PM you my E-mail address, if you would please share it with me.
    07-19-18 12:43 AM
    is it possible to update App World for the Playbook? If so, would that make it possible to find specific apps more easily. On my 9900 if you search a specific app it finds it but why is the Playbook App World so brutal?
    07-25-18 11:52 PM
    is it possible to update App World for the Playbook? If so, would that make it possible to find specific apps more easily. On my 9900 if you search a specific app it finds it but why is the Playbook App World so brutal?
    Update in the sense of installing a new version of App World that has already been developed? Yes. Update in the sense of having Blackberry Limited redesign or alter the app? Well....it's possible, but has about the same likelihood as Mike Lazaridis staging a hostile takeover back from Chen and the current Board of Directors. Blackberry World for the Playbook was not terribly well-designed, I agree. Like with many things Blackberry that contributed to how many people wanted to use the device.
    RJ Oakley and jamesharmeling like this.
    07-28-18 03:15 AM
    Update in the sense of installing a new version of App World that has already been developed? Yes. Update in the sense of having Blackberry Limited redesign or alter the app? Well....it's possible, but has about the same likelihood as Mike Lazaridis staging a hostile takeover back from Chen and the current Board of Directors. Blackberry World for the Playbook was not terribly well-designed, I agree. Like with many things Blackberry that contributed to how many people wanted to use the device.
    haha well let's go with the FIRST one. I must be running a pretty early version of App World on this Playbook. They are updating the "Featured Apps" at least but its tough to find specific apps for sure.
    07-28-18 03:21 AM
    haha well let's go with the FIRST one. I must be running a pretty early version of App World on this Playbook. They are updating the "Featured Apps" at least but its tough to find specific apps for sure.
    Are you not showing an update for BBW available within the current app?
    07-28-18 03:45 AM
    ...but its tough to find specific apps for sure.
    You mean specific apps that you know are in there? In many cases, I think the apps folks are looking for don't exist (in there).

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-28-18 08:19 AM
    Are you not showing an update for BBW available within the current app?
    where would that be?
    07-31-18 12:09 AM
    You mean specific apps that you know are in there? In many cases, I think the apps folks are looking for don't exist (in there).

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I was searching for Spotify. I figured since the 9900 has it and it pops up doing a search, I thought it would be on the Playbook.

I gotta remember that QNX is all new to me and likely has nothing to do with BBOS7
    07-31-18 12:10 AM
    Correct, there's no connection between QNX (backend for Playbook OS and BB10) and BB0S7.
    08-01-18 02:58 PM
685 ... 1920212223 ...