I turn mine On and Off all the time just to watch the beautiful boot screen sequence
    12-30-17 09:32 AM
    If I didn't have a 9900 still up and running, I'd not use the Playbook today. It's just too outdated for using it as a "Serious" Tablet. However, BRIDGED to a 9900? It's fantastic. I use it as a LARGE SCREEN Extension of my 9900 for emails, texts and notes. For this task, it's superb.
    12-31-17 12:50 AM
    I use it as a ebook reader. For internet with OrigamiBrowser, YouTube with Easy Tube World. Any other good app? Fb lite works well sideloaded too
    01-05-18 04:16 PM
    My Video chat icons vanished after an update... long ago now. I loved that function. How is it yours still works?
    02-02-18 01:02 PM
    Browsing the forums for the first time in ages...while listening to music on my play book. Still use it daily for music, and kid uses it for downloaded videos. At this point it has outlasted 2 androids for this purpose.
    Last edited by fschmeck; 02-06-18 at 07:44 AM.
    02-05-18 06:32 AM
    My Video chat icons vanished after an update... long ago now. I loved that function. How is it yours still works?
    BlackBerry removed the Video Chat bar file. You can still download it from a link on Crackberry Forum somewhere and it will work. However BB have stated that in May they will switch the servers off for video chat.

So it is kind of pointless, I'm sorry to say mate

Posted via CB10
    02-06-18 01:47 PM
    I had one sitting around doing nothing and decided to charge it up. Took a while and I thought the battery way dead but I must have just been impatient.
    So I am using it with some bookshelf speakers and a Pioneer Home Theatre receiver and Blackberry Music Gateway to play music. I am going to use this little setup for mp3s instead of my old amp, pre-amp and big speakers which will now just be used for listening to LPs.
    I am having trouble adding new songs because it doesn't seem to communicate well with Windows 10 anymore.
    I will say that I think it looks very cool sitting on top of the receiver in that cradle.
    03-06-18 07:55 PM
    Can anybody answer me if I would use playbook now could I use my cloud storage onedrive or google drive?
    And could I use excel regulary?

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    03-09-18 07:30 AM
    I have two Playbook and they are getting pretty clunky to use.

Regarding, xls files, you can use the native Docs To Go app. It runs well but I believe it is pretty limited in what it can do. The old alternative, with more features, used to be sideloaded Android Kingsoft Office. I never used this for xls but for doc files it was just too slow and laggy to use.

You can read about Docs To Go for playbook here:
    http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/...ok-docs-to-go/

Regarding accessing cloud storage, I think Play Cloud used to work for those storage providers, however they may have stopped working if the API keys were updated and the app was not. What I can tell you is that the Box app no longer works for that very reason.

Slight problem though is that if you want one of the cloud accessing apps, you will have to pay for it... and the BB World store stops selling paid apps in April.

The only bonus is that you should be able to find a Playbook for next to no money so if it doesn't work for your needs, you won't be massively out of pocket.

The Playbook can do a few things surprisingly well even after all this time, but more things are a disappointment. Bridge is amazing and anything native (if still working) works fast enough... any Android apps and it starts to get too slow.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 07:48 AM
    Can anybody answer me if I would use playbook now could I use my cloud storage onedrive or google drive?
    I have bars for OneDrive, Box and Dropbox and they all work quite well. If you want them you can PM me with your email address.
    03-09-18 08:18 AM
    Ooh, could I have Dropbox and Box please Brookie?

I assume they are android apps converted to BARs?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 09:35 AM
    Ooh, could I have Dropbox and Box please Brookie?

I assume they are android apps converted to BARs?

Posted via CB10
    Sure--as I said above, just send me a PM with an email address and I'll send them to you.

ps. yes, they are converted apk's.
    03-09-18 09:58 AM
    If One Drive is the same as Sky Drive then you might be in with a bit of luck. I just checked with the app PlayCloud and seemed to be able to try and log in to the Microsoft drive.

Dropbox and Box on PlayCloud just give errors unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    03-10-18 03:09 PM
    I didn't use docs to go on my Classic for 6 or 7 months, because when I edit there xls file from one drive on my comp and on Priv it gives me an error. Is docs to go the same on playbook as BB10?

03-11-18 12:54 AM
    Similar but older I guess

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 01:17 AM
    And could I use excel regulary?

I don't have much to do with spreadsheets apart from doing a monthly expense claim. After commenting on Docs To Go earlier in this post I thought I should actually try it out again and see how I got on.

I'm sorry to say that it was pretty awful to use and I have no idea where it saves files! I opened the file from an email and edited it. It is saved *somewhere* but I'm not sure where. I then tried to save on my phone's media card as the option is presented and it is connected by Bridge. Still no luck.

I'm normally look on the bright side with using the Playbook and am happy to spend some time working out how to do stuff. In this case, I would say avoid!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-18 09:08 AM
    I fired up mine just for kicks after who knows how long and I couldn't believe it worked plus the battery still had 44% charge. I thought for sure it would be dead and I'd have to resuscitate it but nope she's alive and kicking. Wow brings back such great memories with Bridge. Still got my Playbook mini keyboard too. It's like going back home. I miss you RIM!!
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    03-27-18 02:07 PM
    Still using the PlayBook with Today's Alarm Clock (announces time, date, weather at alarm event) with Battery Guru and the native weather app. Today's Alarm Clock is a very powerful alarm app that I wish was available on Android to run on an Android Tablet as my PlayBook's battery health is at about 45%.
    I have that app and it works great just do not leave the PlayBook unplugged or it will suck the battery down quickly.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 04:05 PM
    I use it everyday as a white noise machine in my newborn's bedroom. nothing else.

I stopped using it a few years ago. I found websites and pdfs were getting rendered incorrectly - tables won't load, graphics not loading, etc. I had an issue when my work email was sunc to it using Exchange, things would keep re-sending from my outbox on a constant loop. I can only assume this bug was eventually fixed?

It is a solid piece of hardware and I feel like I didn't get return on investment. It would be nice if I could just install Android on it and use it as a media player or something.
    The web Browser is pretty useless at this point. It works only about 20% of the time. Slack radio used to work well but it is starting to stop a lot. Still it does a lot of things well and actually has a decent camera.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 04:15 PM
    The web Browser is pretty useless at this point. It works only about 20% of the time. Slack radio used to work well but it is starting to stop a lot. Still it does a lot of things well and actually has a decent camera.

Posted via CB10
    Really?... Are you saying the webbrowser only launches about 1 in 5 times or perhaps only works on 1 in 5 websites? Either way, clearing its cache may help and disabling flash and javascript can make ad laden sites load in a snap without the crap.
    03-29-18 09:14 AM
    Really?... Are you saying the webbrowser only launches about 1 in 5 times or perhaps only works on 1 in 5 websites? Either way, clearing its cache may help and disabling flash and javascript can make ad laden sites load in a snap without the crap.
    Clearing the cache or disabling settings does not help. It sets at the grey checks forever. Sites are too graphic intensive now. The browser was not that great when it launched.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Zidentia; 03-30-18 at 08:47 AM.
    03-29-18 03:14 PM
    Hi, I'm brand new to CrackBerry but had BB's for years. I initially bought a PB when they first came out in the UK, but for some reason (can't remember) sold it on. But, just yesterday I bought another one so looking forward to re-discovering it!!
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    03-30-18 06:05 AM
    It's still great robust device if the battery is in good condition. Enjoy!
    03-30-18 07:59 AM
    Does anybody have the Slacker Radio Bar? It is not on Appworld anymore, and I lost it when I did a security wipe on my PlayBook. I have a subscription to it and was using it occasionally.
    04-04-18 03:47 PM
    04-05-18 03:29 AM
685 ... 1718192021 ...