Still love my PlayBooks (64gb & 4G 32gb), gorgeous screen and rock solid hardware.
    Use PressReader everyday to read the paper on the Tube into work, brilliant. Use Bridge when away from wifi, works great & doesn't seem to make a dent in my data allowance. 7 inch screen is really good for editing and creating basic spreadsheets - OK, Docs to Go is limited but fine until you can get to your laptop to tart the sheet up. And pairing with my �19.99 Maplin mini bluetooth keyboard almost gives you a mini laptop. This is the real "work wide".
    Camera really makes the most of its 5mp, & the video camera's picture & sound quality is great for filming street bands for upload (via laptop) to YouTube.

Not used so much for browsing these days since I got my Passport and Leap, & it does struggle on some sites, but happily still works great on BBC (my most accessed site). Oh, and almost forgot how good HDMI is for connecting to the big screen TV.
    To many on CB, PlayBook is despised, detested and derided, but I still love it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-24-16 04:37 PM
    ... is so much better in BB10 ( in PlayBook OS, once you swipe, the PlayBook starts going through a pre-scripted animation)....Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by " pre-scripted animation" pls?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 02:44 PM
    I take it with me when I travel and often use it as an e-reader but its mostly an expensive paper weight
    10-26-16 03:03 PM
    I still use mine as a music player, using Neutron (which is still actively updated for PB) hooked up to my amp via bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    10-27-16 03:53 AM
    Every day.
    10-27-16 03:29 PM
    Still love my PlayBooks (64gb & 4G 32gb), gorgeous screen and rock solid hardware.
    Use PressReader everyday to read the paper on the Tube into work, brilliant. Use Bridge when away from wifi, works great & doesn't seem to make a dent in my data allowance. 7 inch screen is really good for editing and creating basic spreadsheets - OK, Docs to Go is limited but fine until you can get to your laptop to tart the sheet up. And pairing with my �19.99 Maplin mini bluetooth keyboard almost gives you a mini laptop. This is the real "work wide".
    Camera really makes the most of its 5mp, & the video camera's picture & sound quality is great for filming street bands for upload (via laptop) to YouTube.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Wow. I did some video recording with Playbook (time lapse mostly) but I didn't realise that sound quality is so good.
    And very good band, thanks!
    10-27-16 05:21 PM
    I use mind pretty much daily to watch tv shows and movies and occasionally using the browser.
    10-28-16 06:00 PM
    Wow. I did some video recording with Playbook (time lapse mostly) but I didn't realise that sound quality is so good.
    And very good band, thanks!
    For this purpose where sound quality is paramount, PlayBook is superior to my Passport and Leap, notwithstanding the lack of zoom & other fancy facilities.
    Last edited by Bertie Bear; 10-31-16 at 01:53 AM.
    10-29-16 05:56 AM
    Hello PlayBook Nation,

I've recently started learning a second language. I'm using a combination of standard materials and online resources. The PlayBook stock browser is able to access and load the websites I rely on fairly quickly and the speakers are of sufficient quality that I can distinguish very similar (and unknown in English) sounds. I use Beyond Voice Recorder to compare my pronunciation with native speakers and a flash card app helps me build vocabulary. What more could I ask for? PlayBook is still an awesome tool in 2016!

Best,

Reg
    dmlis likes this.
    10-30-16 11:23 PM
    I still use my BlackBerry Playbook

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 12:18 AM
    PlayBook is used daily at home as well on train on way to work.
    - Internet banking
    - browsing news
    - Epub reader
    - audiobooks
    - voice recorder

Also frequent use helps the battery to hold charge.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9984597) likes this.
    11-01-16 03:49 AM
    Both wife and I still use ours for reading and surfing the net, as well as music.
    11-02-16 11:41 AM
    I still use my PB for Power Point presentations along with my Z30 blue tooth connection. I can remote control the PB using Bluetooth TouchPad on Z30. Works great and love the simplicity l. Plus PB battery easily runs for 8 hrs+

Posted via CB10
    dmlis and Fire In The Bones like this.
    11-10-16 01:04 PM
    Use my PlayBook to record video for my daughters Hockey games. Picture and sound quality is fantastic!

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    11-15-16 07:30 AM
    I use my 64Gb PlayBook daily for multiple things.

Not what we hoped for in BlackBerry but still a wonderful device.

I love the BlackBerry Bridge when using my PlayBook for any of the many things I use it for. The battery is phenomenal!

I wish the PlayBook was still updated/supported though. I'm not sure if there's anything it doesn't support that I'd really need. I'm become accustomed to using daily and haven't noticed anything that I need to badly.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    dmlis likes this.
    11-15-16 07:42 AM
    I tried using the PlayBook yesterday but sorry, for me it is absolutely not workable any more. I still love build quality and it's screen and speakers. It truly was an amazing device, but not having a normal browser and absolutely zero apps just makes me grab my ASUS ZenPad. No decent browser, no Netflix no nothing. Such as waste because it used to be the best tablet on the market.

Posted via CB10
    jking818 likes this.
    11-18-16 06:07 AM
    Using it as an Ebook reader. To be honest, this devices is being destroyed by its abysmal software support. No one even uses it anymore so there is no harm in unlocking that bootloader and loading Android. Wish there was legal norm that said that the companies should provide users with tools to do what they want, once it is out of production and use.
    sejogue likes this.
    11-18-16 07:51 AM
    Playbook's development site still offers tools for you to develop anything you want. http://developer.blackberry.com/playbook/

I'm still developing secure applications which suit my business needs (Total 12 Playbooks). The hardest bit is to source PB these days.
    Prices on Ebay (Australia) have started to go up due not many them available for sale. After those years is still amazing piece of hardware.

Unlocking the bootloader is tricky thing that would expose logic behind security.

I believe that BB10 gets stronger in future and there will be opportunity to build PB with specs to run BB10.
    11-19-16 04:58 PM
    My 1yr old drop the PB with a OEM book style case and cracked the screen. I have a 64gb model and use it exclusively for him with children's TV shows and stuff like that. I bought the PB for like $50 and although I find little use for it myself (outside of a glorified alarm clock) 64gb is still a decent amount of storage. It is a great little video player and another tablet with the same storage seems to still be at least in the $200+ range so this PB still has some value.

The cracked screen was tolerable but I find you can get PB parts cheap on ebay so I spent about $50 got a screen replacement, some tools and the otter box defender case (to protect it from the next drop). Had to pretty much take apart the entire thing to get access to the screen but nothing was too complicated. I put it back together and it works great. Now I have the PB back in its full glory.

The PB is getting old and isn't as useful as it once was but right now it works great as a video player for my son. It supports a wide range of formats, good sound and I can wirelessly transfer files to it which is perfect for what I'm using it for.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-24-16 08:26 PM
    Use it all the time, love using the HDMI. We have three of them.

Posted using my Awesome BlackBerry Z30
    11-24-16 10:32 PM
    Me. Like the HDMI

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport smartphone not running Android
    11-26-16 10:28 PM
    Kids (and I) sometimes play games on mine, other than that no real use

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 11:26 PM
    Yes I do every day !
    12-01-16 06:39 PM
    Cant run video anymore. Suggestions? I think i need an ad blocker but apps doesn't supply one. I now use for one game and reading library books. Miss being able to tether with my BB phone but carrier won't support anymore.
    Last edited by jking818; 12-02-16 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Error on my part
    12-02-16 04:19 PM
    Playbook's development site still offers tools for you to develop anything you want. BlackBerry Developer - PlayBook

I'm still developing secure applications which suit my business needs (Total 12 Playbooks). The hardest bit is to source PB these days.
    Prices on Ebay (Australia) have started to go up due not many them available for sale. After those years is still amazing piece of hardware.

Unlocking the bootloader is tricky thing that would expose logic behind security.

I believe that BB10 gets stronger in future and there will be opportunity to build PB with specs to run BB10.
    To be honest I was thinking of build PDF reader. Well, actually converting PDF.JS to BlackBerry app to see how it fairs with others.
    12-08-16 07:04 PM
685 ... 1011121314 ...