I think there are still quite a few CB threads in here that explain and provide advice for side loading apps onto the playbook.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    10-06-16 07:51 PM
    I use my BlackBerry PlayBook daily for reading, games, videos, searches, etc. Still love it. Battery life great. Tough little machine and it's still fast.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 02:14 PM
    I was wondering if I was the only one that still picks up the PlayBook every now and again. I am currently playing nova 3 on it and am having a blast.

The Internet on it is still decent. I can also use it for watching movies and listening to music. Still love the size too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-08-16 11:07 AM
    you are not alone!
    10-08-16 12:25 PM
    Yes. Definitely you are not alone. Playbook will be my daily commute companion until it dies.

(Bold9870 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 )
    10-09-16 03:11 AM
    Nice to see many people still using BlackBerry PlayBook, hopefully BlackBerry would release another OS update. Just my wish.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9984597) likes this.
    10-10-16 06:12 AM
    I tutor math and take the Playbook to all my sessions.

The Native Calculator in Scientific mode is the most used app. It's large enough for both of us to see not just the answer, but also what keys we're tapping to make sure we're doing it right. It's also good in that you can type in exactly as you read the equation (e.g. square root - number rather than number - square root).

The built in Adobe Reader is useful for worksheets, answer keys, books, etc. Although it would be nice to be able to open more than one pdf to go back and forth between documents.

I also have a free graphing app loaded to help draw more complicated functions.

Lastly, the native browser is great for going to various websites to look things up and is quick when having to go to a teacher's website to download an assignment or document since they almost never have flash or java scripts.
    10-11-16 03:56 PM
    For my college math course I use it for lecture and at home use it to browse the Web before I go to bed.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 10:26 PM
    I mentioned this last time I posted, but I'm still surprised how many people use the PlayBook as an eReader. I found it always too heavy for it, plus I found the 16x9 form factor awkward in both orientations for reading. But hey, obviously I'm in the minority here based on everyone's posts.

For me, it's still my baby's music machine. And will probably stay like that.

My biggest pet peeve is that it got stuck with the PlayBook OS. I was so excited about upgrading it to BB10. Just something as simple as swiping from the bottom and the app moves in real time, is so much better in BB10 ( in PlayBook OS, once you swipe, the PlayBook starts going through a pre-scripted animation). Also the last of customization in the settings. BB10 just has so many options.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    10-11-16 10:37 PM
    Amen to that. Just a basic "service" update would be awesome considering there are still quite few PBs in active service.
    sejogue likes this.
    10-14-16 08:37 PM
    I would probably guess that of tablets of its vintage the Playbook may be the most widely used. I suspect most iPad 2 users have moved on and the android tablets of that generation have probably long since gone to the dump.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9984597) and dmlis like this.
    10-16-16 05:01 PM
    sadly android and ios people didn't have the same point of view as us for the best os and hardware.. BBRY clearly had an os made for a tablet.. not like android.. plus who was able to put a 5300mah battery in a 7inch tablet? BlackBerry... nobody else.. I can't believe no one realized that.. the pb had a better battery , multitasking, and speakers, microphone, and camera in its time..
    plus its still running well!
    Kowal, iixclusive, dmlis and 1 others like this.
    10-16-16 05:25 PM
    sadly android and ios people didn't have the same point of view as us for the best os and hardware.. BBRY clearly had an os made for a tablet.. not like android.. plus who was able to put a 5300mah battery in a 7inch tablet? BlackBerry... nobody else.. I can't believe no one realized that.. the pb had a better battery , multitasking, and speakers, microphone, and camera in its time..
    plus its still running well!
    It was a fine piece of hardware... just needed a good supporting cast (ecosystem), which is what was and is most important to the purchasing public.
    10-16-16 08:05 PM
    I would probably guess that of tablets of its vintage the Playbook may be the most widely used. I suspect most iPad 2 users have moved on and the android tablets of that generation have probably long since gone to the dump.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it's the most widely used, but there's still a quorum of users, for sure. I'd say the HP Touchpad is a strong entry in still-used vintage tablets (still gets xda Android dev support, and it didn't even run Android originally!). I have a Nexus 7 2012 that works nicely, too; it also gets dev support.
    10-17-16 10:39 AM
    Is there anywhere on these forums where we can find the latest list of working android apps for 2016 that run gingerbread so it is compatible with the PB...???
    10-17-16 01:26 PM
    um for youtube there's app in bb world called player for youtube.. or stereo tube.. player for youtube is good if you want to sign in your google acount.. the app's image show youtube... it opens the android browserand loads the new m.youtube.com material... I like stereo tub to listen muisc.. its faster.. and native qnx app...
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-17-16 04:08 PM
    I use it daily as our family calender

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 12:04 AM
    I started to actively use my PB again last week; I've really missed it. I used it pretty heavily for home web surfing and work presentations when I bought it new in 2011 up until about 2014 only then using it for trips. The PB is a one-of-a-kind device that had so much potential. The screen is brilliant. My apple head coworkers were literally amazed at what I could do with my PB when attached to the conf room monitor via HDMI and remote with my Z10.

If only Blackberry would consider releasing a modest security/maintenance update(s) this little machine could still truck along for several more years. Do you think that would be possible? Many Blackberry diehards would be forever thankful.
    10-18-16 01:08 PM
    Hey, try to install qPDF Viewer and you can view two pdf in the same time, with Adobe reader. Or try with smart office 2 (sideload)!Regards

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 05:31 PM
    I started to actively use my PB again last week; I've really missed it. I used it pretty heavily for home web surfing and work presentations when I bought it new in 2011 up until about 2014 only then using it for trips. The PB is a one-of-a-kind device that had so much potential. The screen is brilliant. My apple head coworkers were literally amazed at what I could do with my PB when attached to the conf room monitor via HDMI and remote with my Z10.

If only Blackberry would consider releasing a modest security/maintenance update(s) this little machine could still truck along for several more years. Do you think that would be possible? Many Blackberry diehards would be forever thankful.
    Since there is a real question as to whether they will even release the 10.3.3 update for bb10 phones I don't think anything is coming for the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 05:35 PM
    I use it as a phone book for my landline phone, for listing my Betamax and 8-Track tapes, and as a clock in my AMC Gremlin.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    10-18-16 05:53 PM
    Since there is a real question as to whether they will even release the 10.3.3 update for bb10 phones I don't think anything is coming for the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    UGH, 10.3 is what, a year and a half overdue? I know BB is struggling with sales/market share but at least finish what you started. I'd hate to see BB10 just flushed down the drain.
    10-19-16 11:08 AM
    mainly use mine for movies and streaming music.
    10-19-16 11:16 AM
    Use it all the time as an ebook reader

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 02:37 PM
    sometimes too much security isn't helpful. I turned mine on a few days ago, after not using it for over year. It asked me for a password and I tried several and it said 7/10 attemps so I was getting a little worried since I had lots of info in there. I finally got the right one It still works and it was nice to bring back some old memories I think I'll still use it for some things...
    10-21-16 07:04 PM
685 ... 910111213 ...