These posts are getting boring I use mine often and will until the battery goes. Email, internet & comms. What it was bought for. I'm a grown up you see.
    BoneMatrix, dmlis and beepicker like this.
    04-13-16 07:31 PM
    Alarm clock, but i'd love to change the damn alarm clock sound...
    04-15-16 10:36 PM
    Twice a day religiously on the train to work watching videos...although its pretty useless for anything else!!

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    04-16-16 12:44 AM
    You can pretty much assume that unless I announce it, I am still using mine every day. For hours. It's my primary internet device at work, and at home I use it to watch shows on my tv.
    04-17-16 10:13 AM
    I also like to bring it to show off baby photos to grandparents, but the built in photo app is just average. No sorting option is a real pain, and forces me to rename all my photos so that they can be in proper order.
    If you have the app Files&Folders, you can sort them through there and then press "Slide show". Great app for all sorts, and has cloud storage support.
    04-18-16 03:28 AM
    I'm still using my playbook, have 3 of them, but 2 of them have battery issues, their battery level show 0%, I can only use them when I plug the power.
    04-19-16 01:18 AM
    I'm still using my playbook, have 3 of them, but 2 of them have battery issues, their battery level show 0%, I can only use them when I plug the power.
    Out of interest, what are you using at the power source? Hopefully the 1.8A BlackBerry PlayBook adapter or the external charger dock?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 04:01 AM
    I'm surprised by how many people use it as an e-reader.

I've only recently pulled it out if retirement. I had my my Z10 as a music player in the baby's room, but decided to bring back the PlayBook. It works well for playing music via Bluetooth. I loaded a couple of cds of baby music, and loop it.

I also like to bring it to show off baby photos to grandparents, but the built in photo app is just average. No sorting option is a real pain, and forces me to rename all my photos so that they can be in proper order.

Found out YouTube doesn't work anymore on the browser or built in app. Very sad. And frankly, kinda pathetic.

If it could do Netflix and YouTube, I'd be set. For now, just plays music and photos.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    For YouTube, download Origami browser and set the user agent to iPad and Safari. It works even in full screen mode.

As for Netflix, we all know it won't work, but I downloaded and app called BMovie which works pretty darn well, and has a pretty good selection of movies and shows.

Breathed new life into my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 11:36 AM
    I actively use my PlayBook, and my kids use theirs. Both are 64 GB versions. Kids play games and watch videos loaded onto it. I use mine for internet use, movies/TV shows, documents, spreadsheets, email and Bridge with my Z10. I mostly use it when traveling for work or personal but that's not the fault of the PlayBook. I'm too busy other times raising kids, working and house and yard work. It's a great tablet.
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    04-19-16 12:09 PM
    I have Playepub on mine and a few ebooks but the Playbook, IMHO, is a bit heavy as a reader. But I still use it that way on occasion.
    Thanks for this hint about Playepub. Never heard about it, now will try certainly.
    04-24-16 02:44 AM
    I use DDPB. Put Playbook in Debug mode, create a password, Enter network IP, connect, add selected apps and press install. Very easy.
    TOphotog likes this.
    04-25-16 10:35 PM
    Bought mine about a couple of months ago from CEX (�35) when I lost my Smartphone (temporarily as it turned out).

However, soon realised that writing on it much more preferable than on smartphone, so inspired me to write something for my first blog post. (Have you guessed where this is going yet?)

Over period of several weeks had written about ten pages or more (slow writer perhaps, but it was intended as a masterpiece.) Then, without warning, it decided to demand I enter a password (you can stop guessing now.) Yes it's all lost, and as far as I can gather it's unrecoverable; as the security wipe is effectively bomb-proof.

What on earth were Blackberry thinking? I wonder whether both their almost dissappearance from the market place and their effective disownership of the PlayBook might be due to people sueing them for lost data. This feature may have appealed to CIA / MI5 etc, but can't see why BB thought making an issue that people have struggled to get 'round for decades impossible to resolve, would be thought a good idea.

And NO! I didn't enter a user password (BB ID password of course, how that's supposed to help me I don't know, not the same thing) on set-up, and despite accepting defeat and re-initiallising it all some time ago, it's not until this very moment I have set a password for the first time. (NB: Security/Password section said "disabled" - yeah right.)

My mobile is sync'd with Google Drive etc, why couldn't BB at least give a similar option, if not an unmissable warning of not setting a password on set-up?
    04-28-16 12:03 PM
    FWIW, if you had enabled wifi sharing in settings AND did not set up a wifi sharing password (which is distinct from the Playbook's login password), then it is still possible to easily recover media and documents from your Playbook without logging in..
    04-28-16 04:37 PM
    Bought mine about a couple of months ago from CEX (�35)....

Over period of several weeks had written about ten pages or more (slow writer perhaps, but it was intended as a masterpiece.) Then, without warning, it decided to demand I enter a password....

What on earth were Blackberry thinking?....
    Which app were you using to create your masterpeice?
    Could someone else have accidentily enabled a user password?
    It' a pretty good guess that BB had security in mind when designing the PB, so, was your PB security wiped at the time of purchased and all OS updates installed?
    04-28-16 04:53 PM
    Love the PB so much I just bought ANOTHER one - 64GB model for $40! Almost new - only 71 recharges and not a mark on it. Can't beat that.... now own 5 in a three storey house. Always have one close at hand for movies, camera, voice recording, PDF articles, music, email, ebooks, etc.
    05-02-16 07:33 AM
    That's a pretty awesome deal. Even if it gets used as nothing more than a music/media device, for $40 it's a steal

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 09:08 AM
    I know! Too good a deal to pass up!
    05-02-16 01:37 PM
    I do have another device but I always fire up the darn Play Book, it just works for me... What can I say, it works...

Posted via my incredible Passport
    Omahahaha likes this.
    05-02-16 07:49 PM
    Have been using mine on occasion but the battery not holding great anymore. Used it a while today bridged to my passport and later got a nice surprise. I was watching You Tube videos from within Bing Videos. Even though the sound blares when a video first starts it plays videos better than the $800 Surface tablet I recently purchased. Bing doesn�t allow full screen of the videos but it plays without issue where my surface either freezes or looses sound.

Posted Via My Great Passport
    05-02-16 08:57 PM
    I was watching You Tube videos from within Bing Videos. Even though the sound blares when a video first starts it plays videos better than the $800 Surface tablet I recently purchased. Bing doesn�t allow full screen of the videos but it plays without issue where my surface either freezes or looses sound.
    I just tested this, and for some reason the Playbook's native browser won't let you go fullscreen playing YouTube vids through Bing. That being said, you can go fullscreen with the same vids using either Origami or Maxthon browsers. That also being said, my $100 Windows tablet has no problem playing these same vids, fullscreen or otherwise.
    05-02-16 09:53 PM
    I just tested this, and for some reason the Playbook's native browser won't let you go fullscreen playing YouTube vids....
    That's Google once again and their YouTube API changes they implemented last yer. Coincided with loss of functionality of the PB YouTube App... the interesting thing is you can change the Agent ID string of some browsers, e.g. SimpleBrowser to being IE and the YouTube vids play full screen just fine!!!
    05-03-16 10:15 AM
    My mom still uses it but I'm trying to get her to use my laptop instead because every day she's like, "This website isn't workingggggggg."

"Why does this keep freezinggggg."
    "It's not charging....." (because the quick charge connection is really wonky and the USB port is broken.)

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 10:17 AM
    Yes! I like it for music (great speakers), its sturdy build and viewing videos - I like the way I can move from a video, *still keep playing it in a window*, read new email then return to the video full-screen as if nothing had happened! Apple and Android, take note. And I have a BlackBerry book-style case that holds it at the right angle(s) for use and often use it with an Apple Magic Keyboard as a handy little emailer and document editing tool. And i've sourced replacement batteries for it - we'll see, when the battery is showing as age...
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    05-14-16 02:21 AM
    I use it for DJING my group's line dance parties, classes, and other events. I'll play a game every once in a blue moon and browse the web (business or casually). I still love my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    BoneMatrix and Dossierfile like this.
    05-14-16 02:45 AM
    Yup

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 09:09 AM
685 ... 56789 ...