If sideload doesnt work, stereotube from BB world still works fine for vide� playlists.
    I had been using Tubemate, which worked, but was very sluggish. I finally bought Stereotube.... and it doesn't seem to work. I can search for videos, and it finds them...but I can't actually play anything. It just says "An error occurred".

Guess I'll email the dev, but given that the most recent review says it does indeed work, I thought I was pretty safe.
    Any thoughts?
    04-04-16 08:04 PM
    I still use it when traveling. Is good for surfing Web or reading a book on. Don't do much else with it though.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 09:35 PM
    I use mine as a bedside clock with the Antair nightstand app. It also doubles as my Kodi remote, with a side loaded copy of Yatse.
    The charging stand makes it a super useful, always on device, ready to grab as a remote or clock, flipping between the two functions with a simple swipe.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-04-16 10:23 PM
    I use mine fairly regulary to read PDFs using the amazing Repligo PDF reader. I highlight sections of text and make notes. Then I copy sections of text and paste into CoMapping Beta mind-map software on the Playbook. Its easy and fast to switch between these 2 apps. I use CoMapping to map out the train-of-thought or logical construction of articles and books. I find this helps me absorb information far better when I can see the overall structure of the paper's argument.

While CoMapping Beta is not perfect, its alllowed the old Playbook to remain relevant. I also use the Playbook as a photo viewer. When it finally becomes useless as a tablet (battery dead etc), I'm going to continue to operate it using AC power and use it as a portable photo-viewer/ digital picture frame to display photos.

It doesn't seem like its worth bothering to sell my 32gig Playbook now.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    04-05-16 01:34 PM
    Use mine every day for book reading with Kindle app. Lasts a couple of days on a full charge.

From my old faithful Z10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-08-16 01:12 PM
    I use mine as an alarm clock, to play some older games. Excellent for watching downloaded movies and TV shows.
    04-08-16 01:30 PM
    I use mine as an alarm clock, to play some older games. Excellent for watching downloaded movies and TV shows.
    Movies ? What app using to watch movies ?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 09:01 PM
    I regularly use the playbook charger

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    04-08-16 09:03 PM
    Movies ? What app using to watch movies ?

Posted via CB10
    Search for an android app called BMovie and sideload.
    04-08-16 09:38 PM
    KalemSoft. Plays just about any format.
    dmlis and TOphotog like this.
    04-09-16 01:25 AM
    Thanks those were definite must have apps.. I've been loading bar files with some success. Any idea if the new MLB app will work with playbook, also the new NHL app?
    Thanks
    Posted via CB10
    Just out of interest, what method are you using to sideload the apps? Also, what is MLB and NHL pls?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 09:44 AM
    Also, what is MLB and NHL pls?
    Major League Baseball and National Hockey League
    04-09-16 10:28 AM
    Just out of interest, what method are you using to sideload the apps
    I should let Breadman answer how he is sideloading but there are several methods that you can use. I personally like to use a program called Sachesi (do a search here on CB for that) because you do not have to put the Playbook into development mode and it is useful for my z10 and Passport. You can also download and use a program called DDPB Installer which was made for the Playbook but is a bit more complicated to use. Then there are also methods using an extension for the Chrome browser and Firefox browser as well. Before you can use ANY of these methods, the app MUST be in .bar format, so if you have an android .apk file (app) you must convert it to .bar format using an apk to bar converter BEFORE you sideload it to your Playbook. Hope this helps.
    04-09-16 10:48 AM
    Yep, I know all that but I'm curious to learn what method Breadman uses.
    04-09-16 10:53 AM
    Yep, I know all that but I'm curious to learn what method Breadman uses.
    Sorry!
    04-09-16 10:54 AM
    I use DDPB on my laptop. Then connect my Playbook and put in Developers mode through settings.. I have found a lot of apps (bar files) to download. Some work and some don't. I get weird error messages on some apps about the Blackberry Playbook keyboard and the app crashes.
    Apps I have tried:
    MLB At Bat
    NHL Gamecenter
    Flipboard
    ESPN
    Direct TV
    And some games
    These apps didn't work unfortunately. Flipboard loads and let's me pick my favorites but when I close it it won't reload
    The others don't work at all.
    I wish someone would come up with a way to update the Playstore version so we could continue to use the Playbook
    again.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 09:22 PM
    Zamkato, BerryOS, and Goodereader are the websites I have found.
    Zamkato has 300 apps listed but can't download any.
    BerryOS and Goodereader have quite a few apps listed but there are quite a few that aren't found on the website any longer.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 09:34 PM
    I still enjoy the National Film Board app.
    anon(5597702) and brookie229 like this.
    04-10-16 08:39 AM
    Still use the Playbook I still put movies on it and record swim meets and take pictures with it. I have so many one is always within reach no matter where I am.

I used it for work the other night when I had re-certification tests to take and had to beat a deadline.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    04-10-16 09:11 AM
    My six-year-old daughter plays games on my PlayBook. That's about all it's good for now.
    04-10-16 11:11 AM
    Still use the Playbook I still put movies on it and record swim meets and take pictures with it. I have so many one is always within reach no matter where I am.

I used it for work the other night when I had re-certification tests to take and had to beat a deadline.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    It's actually ok for video still.

I fired mine up today for the first time in months. Some Sunday afternoon fun while watching the Masters.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-10-16 05:36 PM
    I use my Playbook every day, and my wife uses hers too.
    - Main use is as a book reader. Either Bookreader for ePub or Kobo. We also use the PB to download the books.
    - I have all my email addresses in the mail app and they synchronize with my laptop using IMAP. I read messages as they come in, when reading or watching TV.
    - I use Origami as web browser - works great and I have many bookmarks that I use.
    - When watching TV, PB is great. For example, watching golf, they seldom give the scores of all the players. Allows us to keep tabs on our favourite players. Also useful for checking scores in other sports while watching something else. Sometimes use it for live streaming events.
    - Check stock prices on the go.
    - When travelling, I take it with me instead of lugging laptop.
    - my wife often uses the camera.

In other words, use it just like any other computer. I have a keyboard but have almost never used it.

There are no doubt weaknesses, but heck it works and it is a solid piece of hardware. For old eyes, the screen is a lot bigger than aphone would be.
    BoneMatrix and dmlis like this.
    04-10-16 08:00 PM
    Everyday using Overdrive as my Ebook reader and watching movies!!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 05:05 PM
    I'm surprised by how many people use it as an e-reader.

I've only recently pulled it out if retirement. I had my my Z10 as a music player in the baby's room, but decided to bring back the PlayBook. It works well for playing music via Bluetooth. I loaded a couple of cds of baby music, and loop it.

I also like to bring it to show off baby photos to grandparents, but the built in photo app is just average. No sorting option is a real pain, and forces me to rename all my photos so that they can be in proper order.

Found out YouTube doesn't work anymore on the browser or built in app. Very sad. And frankly, kinda pathetic.

If it could do Netflix and YouTube, I'd be set. For now, just plays music and photos.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-13-16 03:23 PM
    I'm surprised by how many people use it as an e-reader.
    I have Playepub on mine and a few ebooks but the Playbook, IMHO, is a bit heavy as a reader. But I still use it that way on occasion.
    dmlis likes this.
    04-13-16 05:27 PM
685 ... 45678 ...