Swift didn't really cut it for me, especially when I needed to enter a word that it did not recognize...spent too much time fighting the text prediction.
    Posted via CB10
    Exactly my complaint with my Nexus 7. The VKB's making me MAD!
    03-07-16 01:01 PM
    I still do, and it works just fine after all these years.

Posted via my incredible Passport
    03-07-16 10:09 PM
    Another morning writing on my PlayBook while feeding my 4 year old daughter.

Attachment 393543
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 03-07-16 at 10:48 PM.
    03-07-16 10:38 PM
    Just tried doing some actual work on mine. Downloaded some email attachments (c-plus-plus code). Needed a viewer so I grabbed CAS code viewer from BlackBerry world (an Android port). Worked great.

Grabbed a set of zip files. Unzipping them took ages for some reason (they weren't very big) but all worked. I could probably use a better file explorer (I never know which path to use with X-plore) but otherwise I think my only complaints are Willow (for Twitter) is a little sluggish, and Tubemate is not ideal.

I wonder if Blaq still works?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 09:25 PM
    Just tried doing some actual work on mine. Downloaded some email attachments (c-plus-plus code). Needed a viewer so I grabbed CAS code viewer from BlackBerry world (an Android port). Worked great.

Grabbed a set of zip files. Unzipping them took ages for some reason (they weren't very big) but all worked. I could probably use a better file explorer (I never know which path to use with X-plore) but otherwise I think my only complaints are Willow (for Twitter) is a little sluggish, and Tubemate is not ideal.

I wonder if Blaq still works?

Posted via CB10
    I use Files &Folders for the files explorer, and EasyTube for YouTube. Right now typing this from the CB app on my PlayBook.
    03-08-16 10:15 PM
    Does files and folders support box/google drive? Does that part still work?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 07:49 PM
    Does files and folders support box/google drive? Does that part still work?

Posted via CB10
    Yessss

Is anyone still actively using their PlayBook?-img_20160310_090203.png

Is anyone still actively using their PlayBook?-img_20160310_090140.png

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    03-09-16 08:02 PM
    It's my music and video player. I have no problem bluetoothing it to my stereo. I used to receive emails but for some reason it started acting sluggish. Unfortunately, I think it's slowly dying...

Posted via Passport Running 10.3.2.2876
    03-10-16 12:08 PM
    My 64 GB PlayBook is coming up to 3 years old (bought new from PC World) & has been used every day since purchase. Battery life is still good.
    Starts the day as an alarm clock. Then check the weather & download the newspaper using PressReader to read while standing on the tube into work. Perfect.
    Also used frequently as camera & video camera, music/video player via Bluetooth speakers, watching YouTube on Sony TV via HDMI. (The video camera has started to stutter at times, so if I know I’m going to film something I take my 4G PlayBook instead!)
    When out of wifi range, using Bridge with my Curve 9360 is terrific.
    Music download from Music Search and Top Music apps is great.
    Browser is fine on some sites but you do need patience on others!
    The quality of the PlayBook screen is still gorgeous, & the operating system & user interface is simple but brilliant. Hardware is top class & device is protected by a variety of original BlackBerry cases bought brand new over the years at absolute giveaway prices.
    Remains the best �129 I’ve ever spent.
    03-14-16 07:58 AM
    Mine is 4 years old now. Still used almost every day, the battery is still good and the tablet still looks brand new.
    The_Viking likes this.
    03-15-16 01:03 AM
    I use mine still, for music and watching shows. However, I don't browse online with it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:39 AM
    Still use mine. My son loves playing his games on it

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    03-15-16 08:53 AM
    I have one at work, but I use only weather, calculator, calendar, world watch and emails.
    And a second one at home, which I use for the same + games.

Sooner or later I will replace it, probably with an iPad, because I want eBooks (which are unfortunately DRM protected).
    03-15-16 09:11 AM
    Still use my PlayBook almost daily and it's great for traveling. However, I use my Passport more and more.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 09:40 AM
    I still use mine every day and just broke down (after 4 years!) and learned how to use the Playbook as a LAN streamer with the Neutron player app. It's incredible software paired with the Playbook's great Wolfson DAC chip

All the music on my computer at my fingertips to play in any room with headphones/amp or another line-in amp. If I had another HDMI receiver I'd stream it that way as well.

This Playbook was/is probably the most undervalued tech device in existence. I simply can't find another tablet anywhere near the price (or even for 3 times as much) that sounds close, especially connected to a decent amp.. Movies look and sound great as well and MKV video support was far ahead of it's time.

All that's missing is processor speed and RAM for browsing but I can do that on my desktop.

If it hadn't been such a flop with the masses I couldn't have afforded it at the time. But at $118 Canadian new in 2011 it really should not be as good as it still is (but I'm sure not complaining)!

I'm really going to miss it when it dies ;(
    rotorwrench and awindsr like this.
    03-17-16 02:30 AM
    I still use my Playbook everyday for emails, light browsing, games and video chat. I used to use it for photos and videos but I can no longer upload anything to my computer. The cable connects and says it's connected, but when I try to upload or backup files and photos, it says there is a connection error. I've tried other people's cables and still the same problem. I've also had problems with the cable for charging the tablet. My original cable wouldn't work, so I bought a fast charger for next to nothing on Amazon and it worked for a while. Now I'm using my LG phone cable and it works fine, but I'm so worried that it too will give up. I love my Playbook it's great for travelling and am so sorry there is not longer any support from Blackberry/RIM.
    The_Viking likes this.
    03-17-16 03:58 PM
    Thanks man

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 08:12 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry....ENJOY the site
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 08:13 PM
    I still use my Playbook everyday for emails, light browsing, games and video chat. I used to use it for photos and videos but I can no longer upload anything to my computer. The cable connects and says it's connected, but when I try to upload or backup files and photos, it says there is a connection error. I've tried other people's cables and still the same problem. I've also had problems with the cable for charging the tablet. My original cable wouldn't work, so I bought a fast charger for next to nothing on Amazon and it worked for a while. Now I'm using my LG phone cable and it works fine, but I'm so worried that it too will give up. I love my Playbook it's great for travelling and am so sorry there is not longer any support from Blackberry/RIM.
    Put BlackBerry device manager.. it should work

Posted via CB10
    The_Viking likes this.
    03-19-16 08:18 PM
    @ Jbechard1 (Post #91)
    Have you tried transferring files by wifi rather than by using the USB cable?
    I use this method to upload photos & videos from my PlayBook to my laptop, & also to download music from my laptop to the PlayBook.
    I also use the rapid charger which connects by magnetic pins to the PlayBook.
    The USB port on the PlayBook has always been a weak point & was the cause of a lot of returns in the early days.
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    03-20-16 12:04 PM
    @ Jbechard1 (Post #91)
    Have you tried transferring files by wifi rather than by using the USB cable?
    I use this method to upload photos & videos from my PlayBook to my laptop, & also to download music from my laptop to the PlayBook.
    I also use the rapid charger which connects by magnetic pins to the PlayBook.
    The USB port on the PlayBook has always been a weak point & was the cause of a lot of returns in the early days.
    Same here. I use wi-fi transfer for music and files. I have never used USB transfer.
    03-21-16 12:41 AM
    I just turned it on like an old friend.

I have it streaming from Plex via Web. Silk smooth over 2.4GHz
    03-24-16 09:25 PM
    I would love to be still using my PlayBook. Unfortunately it developed a constant flicker which made it impossible to use and drained the battery. I was not able to find anyone to fix it in Kitchener-Waterloo. Now living in Hamilton, and would still get it repaired if anyone does such magic.
    03-24-16 09:37 PM
    HAHAHA.....LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 09:50 PM
    I would love to be still using my PlayBook. Unfortunately it developed a constant flicker which made it impossible to use and drained the battery. I was not able to find anyone to fix it in Kitchener-Waterloo. Now living in Hamilton, and would still get it repaired if anyone does such magic.
    If your up for it, you could try opening it up and simple check if ribbon cables etc are properly seatedconnected?
    03-25-16 12:58 AM
685 ... 23456 ...