I'm using Stereo Tube which works very well. It creates play lists of searchable content. Very happy to have this ability back again for the playbook.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    02-28-16 11:36 AM
    Ya the battery for me is a real issue. It never impressed me from new but now it's bad but can I be surprised?

Posted via CB10
    So, how bad is bad?... How many hrs just playing videos?
    02-28-16 12:14 PM
    Simple Browser with agent ID set to IE works well, unlike stock PB Browser... which suggests YouTube (Google) may not be wanting to talk properly to anything identifying itself as a PB WebKit and/or Browser... The android Dolphin browser also works just fine.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    02-28-16 12:20 PM
    What app did you use to do CB?
    The native one is pretty bad, just a launcher basically. The android CB forums one works, but the font is so small. Is there another?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 12:30 PM
    Still use mine as another way to surf the Internet. I got a few games on it that are still decent too. Still a nice piece of hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Kowal and BoneMatrix like this.
    02-28-16 03:10 PM
    Your 9810 still kicking? I LOVED that phone; still have it too though I haven't fired it up in a very long time.
    Yep still going strong, had it for well over 3 years now.
    02-29-16 01:48 AM
    Just sold mine a ago on eBay...64gb WiFi, with cradle, BlackBerry Bluetooth Keyboard leather case and original box, etc.. lol Payed like $600 for it when it first came and got $70 bucks for it including all the cool accessories lol (payed more than that for the keyboard!)
    It served me well through the years, but it wasn't getting much use ever since I got my Passport...I do everything on my phone now

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 02:58 PM
    I just bought a new PlayBook with the 1.5 GHZ processor (rare). It is so cool to be able to browse through BlackBerry Bridge and my Z10. I love the Olive Tree Bible app.

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    03-02-16 06:57 PM
    Just sold mine a ago on eBay...64gb WiFi, with cradle, BlackBerry Bluetooth Keyboard leather case and original box, etc.. lol Payed like $600 for it when it first came and got $70 bucks for it including all the cool accessories lol (payed more than that for the keyboard!)
    It served me well through the years, but it wasn't getting much use ever since I got my Passport...I do everything on my phone now

Posted via CB10
    To even get any resale value on it at this point is impressive to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 06:59 PM
    Yes, as live streaming TV, music player and e-book reader. Still unbeatable at those three tasks.
    KemKev likes this.
    03-03-16 10:33 AM
    I'm using Stereo Tube which works very well. It creates play lists of searchable content. Very happy to have this ability back again for the playbook.

Have you tried the ripper function?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 08:58 AM
    Yes, as live streaming TV, music player and e-book reader. Still unbeatable at those three tasks.
    As an e-book reader, absolutely!
    LyoobaBerry and andy957 like this.
    03-04-16 11:10 AM
    How do you get your PlayBook to stream TV - what apps are you using? My cable provider (time warner) requires latest flash or Android greater than what is in the PB.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 11:40 AM
    Yep still use it everyday although the browser can be tad slow ... . . . like this website at times (script debuggin issues !?) !
    03-04-16 05:39 PM
    A couple of tv sites:

wwiTV.com - The ultimate guide to live TV webcasts.

Roomy TV - Free Internet Television

You might need to use OrigamiBrowser for some stations

And this has books, music, etc. All in the public domain.

https://archive.org/index.php
    andy957 and CmdrStraker like this.
    03-04-16 05:53 PM
    Thanks. They seem to work well on the Passport. I'll try them on the playbook as well.
    03-04-16 10:09 PM
    Just for playing old games. Browsing seems impossible anymore

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 07:18 AM
    Yes I have 2 and my wife has 1. They are all used daily. Reading with the Kobo app, video/movie watching, Adobe for reading .pdf's and weather apps. I have one which the screen is starting to go, showing vertical black,grey and white lines. Debating whether to look at replacing the screen or just buy something else.
    03-05-16 11:34 PM
    Try Browsing with JavaScript disabled.... You can always turn it on and refresh a page if the site needs it.
    03-06-16 04:31 AM
    I do that with Origami. i then started playing with phone browsing instead. using the PlayBook I was not even aware of all the nasty scripting going on in the webpage background, I didnt see it, no pop ups, no video ads blaring at me that were or were not even on the screen yet, no random copying pasting chopping at my text while i am replying here at crackberry (which is the only site that does that to me), and yes, I can stream video on the Playbook, and have downloaded music mostly from the internet archive.

it can be laggy but its not always the case.
    03-06-16 09:16 AM
    adding: Playbook videos work through the browsers, cant download anything from the Origami one. i visit crackberry through the Origami browser in desktop mode. i do not like mobile versions of webpages except for reading newspaper articles.

where is an app better than the browser when the browser will work?

i do use stereotube and neutron.

today i did my first post in your website but am having to type this one in the text app and paste it in because EVERY WORD in my first sentence had the first half chopped off. this is not the playbook but the Z3. crackberry should get out of bed with Google its gone too far. I am just guessing on that being the source of the problem.
    03-06-16 09:36 AM
    I still use my PlayBook often, especially with my 9900... Media/HDMI still works fabulously and it browses just fine as well... Mostly use it while traveling as a portable entertainment device. Does what I need it to do every time...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-06-16 04:27 PM
    I was just watching videos with mine plugged into the big screen, using my z30 as a remote.

awindsr likes this.
    03-06-16 08:06 PM
    So far I only use my Playbook for writing. Literally writing and translating long pages of document with it's VKB in portrait mode. It's amazing. Good thing the PB is also linked up with my Passport and Dropbox, so file management is a breeze. It really helps with my job. I use my Laptop a lot less these days (has been so since my purchase of the Passport almost a year ago, but now even more so).

I can do my writing standing up, leaning on a wall, essentially reducing my time sitting down but keep on working. Good for your health (especially after 40). Even when sitting down I can reduce the stress to my back since I can sit back, relax, and keep on working.

I used a bluetooth keyboard, previously, but then put it aside when I found out I could actually work a LOT faster with the VKB in portrait mode, thanks to the genius auto correct and word prediction features that help making me not only to type faster but also correctly in the end.

And the battery! Ay.... I can use this thing from 10 in the morning and still have about 30% juice left when I charge it at 11 in the evening.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 03-07-16 at 12:58 PM.
    vanrickman and rotorwrench like this.
    03-07-16 12:27 PM
    I've been trying to find a VKB for my android tablet (running 4.3) that is similar to the Z10's but haven't. Swift didn't really cut it for me, especially when I needed to enter a word that it did not recognize...spent too much time fighting the text prediction.

On the PB, I'm able to type pretty well in landscape, but not as well in portrait. Although in both cases it is better than what I can manage on my Android tabs, although perhaps Android 5 or 6 has improved things.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 12:55 PM
685 12345 ...