Still using my PB's daily - as ereaders (both Kobo and Kindle apps), for music, video, stock quotes and of course messaging. My podcasts continue to download automatically and Video Chat is helpful too. The stock browser is a little slow but I use my laptop when necessary. According to Battery Guru my battery health is 85% on the oldest tablet. I would consider a 64 or even 32 gb PB for $100 a great deal. Long Live the PlayBook!
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    02-20-16 11:32 AM
    My battery life is definitely lower now too. It's a shame, because between streaming radio and my child using it for videos, it is still used more than any other tab in our house. I've found the official BlackBerry folio case is fantastic for protecting it from the abuse a 2 year old can dish out.

Posted via CB10
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    02-20-16 07:42 PM
    Ya the battery for me is a real issue. It never impressed me from new but now it's bad but can I be surprised?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-21-16 12:35 PM
    I keep mine beside my recliner and use it daily while watching TV.

Ken
    02-21-16 02:15 PM
    Have 2. Each mounted in my car on the headrests for my kids to use as their in car entertainment.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    02-21-16 02:36 PM
    Still use mine daily to record expenses, ereader with the kobo app, listen to music with my bluetooth headphones and general browsing amongst other things. Bridged to my 9810 its a great combination, I used it today to look at the BBC news website whilst in a doctors waiting room! To be honest, it's the full bridge functionality with legacy handsets that has prevented me from upgrading to BB10.
    02-22-16 07:57 AM
    Me. To write my stories, articles and wikihow translations. On the VKB!!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 04:48 AM
    Still using mine, although had started browsing on a BB Z3 instead, but CB works on a playbook better now, go figure!

I may even buy a third one, i dont want to wipe and re use the two i have bc i dont know how to backup all the music i have on them. My little jukeboxes!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-23-16 08:40 AM
    Mine is a beautiful high resolution and really bright picture frame now!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 09:52 AM
    ... i dont know how to backup all the music i have on them. My little jukeboxes!
    You can enable WiFi File Sharing then connect via the resulting SMB share and backup whatever files you desire... (from a Linux box, use SMB://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/media/ where the xxx... is the LAN IP address of your PB... Way easier than messing about with USB cables an BlackBerry Desktop or Link... IMHO...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 05:54 PM
    Way easier than messing about with USB cables an BlackBerry Desktop or Link... IMHO...
    You don't need Link or BB Desktop (in fact, you're better off NOT using these to backup), all you need do is copy your Music folder over to your PC via USB. The advantage of USB transfers is that they're generally significantly faster than wifi transfers.
    02-23-16 06:54 PM
    Haven't touch my LTE version in a while, has games and emulators on it.
    My wife still used hers for video and so does the kids and their 64 GB version(videos).
    02-23-16 07:13 PM
    For ebooks, videos and music it works great.
    If the camera had not died I would still use it for that as well.
    I dream of what the tablet OS and subsequent PlayBooks could have become.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-24-16 11:24 AM
    Mine is a beautiful high resolution and really bright picture frame now!

Posted via CB10
    What app do you use as picture frame?
    And can the screen stay on?
    02-25-16 02:43 PM
    Hahah! I managed to fire up the CB app from the Playbook! Far lighter and stabler than the BB10 counterpart. But the keyboard sucks here. Only better when i use it on the DocsToGo documents.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 02-28-16 at 10:13 AM.
    02-26-16 03:31 AM
    Darkhawk: Kalemsoft Media Player - play the first video and then hit the small button on the bottom right of the screen - videos will play "ordered", "single" or "shuffle". There ya go - a solution for all problems.... OK one problem. Kalemsoft MP is a necessity for the PB. Still using all 4 of my PB's as media players, email, browsers to check weather radar, take notes, make presentations to client, etc.
    02-26-16 11:56 AM
    Still use mine daily to record expenses, ereader with the kobo app, listen to music with my bluetooth headphones and general browsing amongst other things. Bridged to my 9810 its a great combination, I used it today to look at the BBC news website whilst in a doctors waiting room! To be honest, it's the full bridge functionality with legacy handsets that has prevented me from upgrading to BB10.
    Your 9810 still kicking? I LOVED that phone; still have it too though I haven't fired it up in a very long time.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-26-16 02:19 PM
    Why do you call a 300 dollar tablet a budget model? There are so many with 1 GB of ram for less than half that.
    I use my PB to watch movies, light browsing and as a music player. I have and love the charging stand.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 08:37 PM
    Oh and I have hundreds of old pocasts including video versions still loaded that I love to watch or listen too. Have no idea where they are stored?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 08:41 PM
    Just got mine and about to start using it daily. My daughter told me she wanted one so being the good father I am I ordered her one.
    02-27-16 05:19 PM
    Your 9810 still kicking? I LOVED that phone; still have it too though I haven't fired it up in a very long time.
    I have my 9810 in a cradle and listen to tune in

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 09:49 AM
    Everyone still using a PB what browser are you using, how do you view YouTube videos?
    02-28-16 10:36 AM
    Everyone still using a PB what browser are you using, how do you view YouTube videos?
    Can't help but butting in. Lol. I'm using the default browser. I use EasyTube from the BlackBerry World for watching Youtube. For some reason the WiFi connection is a lot more stable than my OG Passport.

Posted via CB10
    The_Viking likes this.
    02-28-16 10:42 AM
    I tried to run it off my Verizon E7 last night and it didn't want to link up.

Thanks for the information!
    02-28-16 10:43 AM
    I tried to run it off my Verizon E7 last night and it didn't want to link up.

Thanks for the information!
    You're welcome.
    The_Viking likes this.
    02-28-16 11:15 AM
685 1234 ...