I really appreciate if someone who have been rim's booth in CES to tell me whether there are new languages support (like japanese korean chinese)in OS2.0! watching the demo video I really want to press the "little earth" logo to see it!!
    can anyone help me to verify it or take a message to Kevin's team?
    thanks
    01-11-12 12:32 PM
    Glad you asked. I have the same question and this has been the reason holding back my friends from jumping ship.
    01-11-12 12:40 PM
    I would have bought a couple of more if Playbook supports Chinese.
    Read post 3 of this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-687197/

RIM is missing a HUGH market.
    01-11-12 12:56 PM
    I would have bought a couple of more if Playbook supports Chinese.
    Read post 3 of this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-687197/

RIM is missing a HUGH market.
    There are asian languages input support for Blackberry phones, but only on OS for carriers in asia. They work very well on all my BB phones. For PB, I'd like them to publish a native addon instead of a whole different OS.
    01-11-12 01:11 PM
    There was a rumor that Chinese input will appear in 2.0 long time ago, I hope it is not a rumor. Otherwise, I will be very disappointed. PlayBook OS 2.0 Screenshots Shows Native Email, Calendar and Social Features | BlackBerry Cool
    01-11-12 02:11 PM
    There are asian languages input support for Blackberry phones, but only on OS for carriers in asia. They work very well on all my BB phones. For PB, I'd like them to publish a native addon instead of a whole different OS.
    I think it's a nice way but not a real practical one. On my view, none of carriers will do this work since they prefer rim to do it like other languages support.
    And also an input addon alone is not enough for the customers in Asia. They need more like display languages even third part app involved.

I guess the reason for no Asian language support is the smaller customer quantity, but it is like the question" chicken or egg, which comes first?" I do believe with better language support, rim can win a huge share in Asia.
    01-11-12 02:15 PM
    I am interested to get a 9810 to pair with my Playbook. I read somewhere that Singapore OS would have Chinese Language. Wondering if I need to upload the whole OS or just the Language pack. Would the Chinese OS support Chinese Hand writing input?

Is it easy to go to Blackberry HK or SG to download the OS?
    01-11-12 02:18 PM
    I am interested to get a 9810 to pair with my Playbook. I read somewhere that Singapore OS would have Chinese Language. Wondering if I need to upload the whole OS or just the Language pack. Would the Chinese OS support Chinese Hand writing input?

Is it easy to go to Blackberry HK or SG to download the OS?
    I am in Singapore Now! By now I didn't see any offical OS updates with chinese input from Singapore's carriers.
    Can you let me know where you got this "rumor"? thanks
    01-11-12 02:24 PM
    @xiaospider
    Do a Google search and you would find that it is available in Asia.
    RingHK.com -- NO.1 T

This guy was selling AT&T version with Singapore OS in Hong Kong.
    BlogBerry.hk
    01-11-12 02:32 PM
    Vilamovian, Urdu, Gaelic, Piggin, Lemerig, Taushiro, Chemehuevi, Tanema, Liki, Ongota, Dumi, et al.
    01-11-12 04:01 PM
    Vilamovian, Urdu, Gaelic, Piggin, Lemerig, Taushiro, Chemehuevi, Tanema, Liki, Ongota, Dumi, et al.
    Sounds like Swahili to me!
    LMAO
    01-11-12 04:53 PM
    Now here's a question I have:

if OS2 allows us to use our phones as an input device, wouldn't it be nice to be able to switch languages on our blackberries (say, to Korean) and type with Hangeul on the PB that way? That'd make me very happy as the PB seems to be able to copy/paste Japanese just fine: 漢字仮名交じり文 (I'm writing this on my bridged PB right now).

Just a thought and maybe a wish...
    01-11-12 05:02 PM
    @xiaospider
    Do a Google search and you would find that it is available in Asia.
    RingHK.com -- NO.1 T

This guy was selling AT&T version with Singapore OS in Hong Kong.
    BlogBerry.hk
    sorry I misunderstand you. yeah the hand-writing plugin is awesome! I mean no such a OS for PB (they have done a great job for a perfect BB OS). And I think if rim can build a real ecosystem for developers, more third part app for handwriting will see on BB and also PB.
    01-12-12 06:35 AM
    Not sure if OS2 will come with chinese input when it is launch in "Feb"..but I was thinking, since it allows a blackberry to remote control it, maybe it is possible to use the chinese input of a blackberry to type chinese on playbook via bluetooth transfer? Playbook already supports chinese display it just hasn't support chinese input..maybe..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    eliotwcn likes this.
    01-12-12 06:49 AM
    The Bridge is a cool feature, makes it possible to use your phone as a remote control kepboard among other cool things. BUT once you start to input anything, you will notice the Asian languagues you choose for the keyboard are gone! Say one minute ago, you were using Chinese input on your phone to write emails and text messages. Think you can do the same when bridged with your playbook, which does support Asian input? No way! Turn on the remote keyboard on your BB phone, there will be only English left as the input language. WHY??????
    06-14-13 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD