Thank you businesscat2000, and Bubble Wrap!
    07-20-12 01:56 PM
    If I had to guess, I'd probably say never. The dev completely vanished, meaning he was either paid off, threatened or hired. We won't likely be seeing brine in its current state ever. But...That doesn't mean we won't see it in some other form. Possibly an official app similar to the android player?
    i0sra1n likes this.
    07-20-12 02:04 PM
    If I had to guess, I'd probably say never. The dev completely vanished, meaning he was either paid off, threatened or hired. We won't likely be seeing brine in its current state ever. But...That doesn't mean we won't see it in some other form. Possibly an official app similar to the android player?
    I guess so. Apple will be a and sue him. Anyways any new projects for Playbook?
    07-20-12 10:04 PM
    We'll never see it officially implemented. Reason being is iOS is not open sourced. RIM cannot legally implement an iOS runtime so to speak.
    07-20-12 11:01 PM
    We'll never see it officially implemented. Reason being is iOS is not open sourced. RIM cannot legally implement an iOS runtime so to speak.
    even tho ios idnt open source it can still be legal, just look at wine ( run windows applications under linux/osx...) they just cant use official ios files or code bit if the replace them with stuff they have written themself it is still legal.
    07-21-12 04:37 AM
    even tho ios idnt open source it can still be legal, just look at wine ( run windows applications under linux/osx...) they just cant use official ios files or code bit if the replace them with stuff they have written themself it is still legal.
    That's not going to tread nicely with Apple

If Brine or something like Brine does eventually get out there it'll be a third party thing because RIMs not putting effort into making an iOS runtime.
    07-21-12 04:47 AM
    Actually I heard it is coming......"soon"
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    07-21-12 09:33 AM
    it would be nice to see. though if they released it too soon it would give rim time to prevent it from running on future updates. rim would not like to see any competition to apps for sale in its app store on its own tablet.

though personally i would love to see it. I am really interested to see if notes plus would work on the playbook via brine. I just bought a killer stylus (adonit jot classic) and plan on using it to take notes at meetings. Though there is nothing really good that works for hand written notes on the playbook (as of yet)
    07-22-12 01:11 AM
    I would totally recommend freenote. It's an android app which works pretty sweetly on the playbook too. You can just get the .bar file by googling it.
    10-12-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD