I have a bunch of books I purchased via BlackBerry World and the Kobo app on the Playbook. They're not available on my Kobo account that I created directly with the same email address. Kobo can't find them but suggest if I have the purchase receipt they could possibly trace it. It doesn't look like BlackBerry world emailed receipts, though.

So, has anyone succeeded in rescuing books they bought on the Playbook?
    09-01-18 09:15 PM
    Sorry I can't offer help, just fired up Kobo on my PlayBook after a longish while and found it no longer supported / working. Same boat as you and looking for help. Replied to follow this and will update if I have any luck.
    09-03-18 05:03 AM
    So, I don't know if this helps. Maybe it was a fluke. I turned off wifi and Kobo opened ok with my library intact and usable. Turned wifi back on and was able to open the store. Haven't tried beyond that yet.
    09-03-18 05:45 AM
    Tried download (free book) from Kobo store and it worked fine. Expect actual purchases would too but didn't try that. Everything looked to be working the way it always did. Now I don't' understand all the threads I was finding last night about Kobo being dead on the PlayBook
    09-03-18 11:26 AM
    We use the PB Kobo app almost daily. We usually buy new books from Kobo using their web page and our laptops. However, our library still syncs with our Playbooks. Can't get Overdrive to work, but will post separately about that.
    11-22-18 04:51 PM
    It seems that the Kobo app on the PB no longer works. It's not a big problem, because it is possible to download books in epub format on a PC. But then they are DRM protected. To get them to the PB, the DRM needs to be removed. Then the file can easily be copied to the PB using a cable and the BB Desktop Software. Same work around for library books seeing Overdrive is also not supported.
    Removing DRM may not be Kosher, but heck, we pay for the Kobo books and this seems only way. Same for Overdrive - I delete library books once read anyway.
    Playbook is essentially just a book reader for us now. And a good one at that!
    04-08-19 07:56 PM