when i attempt to open my messages in blackberry bridge it appears to be attempting to pull all my messages...then the whole screen keeps blinking anyone else having this problem?...everything else with bridge is working fine
    08-25-11 11:25 AM
    Latest bridge and OS updates?

Restarted both?

Mine is fine.
    08-25-11 11:28 AM
    the latest one...s
    just started a little while ago..was working fine last night...restarted both devices..same result
    08-25-11 11:29 AM
    i was just having issues opening BBM and e-mail with my 9800 and i restared the PB and did a battery pull on the 9800 and now im good....
    08-25-11 11:40 AM
    ya i seem to have one message stuck in limbo on playbook. It still shows after a restarted but blackberry bold doesnt show it. If i click on the message notification on playbook it keeps going and going and going with white screen and circle. Havent tried a restart on phone or battery pull yet think will try that.
    08-25-11 01:57 PM
    thats my problem exactly..tried to re-start the playbook and took battery out of the 9650..but same results
    08-25-11 03:02 PM
    Not really sure what this could be, bridged with the 9930 here, opening messages and bbm just fine.

I'd try deleting the 9650 from your paired devices on the playbook and re-pairing them.
    08-25-11 03:04 PM
    i should have the 9930 in the morning...will be re installing anyway
    08-25-11 03:08 PM
    i had the same problem three weeks ago and tech support is still trying to figure it out. Had tried everything multiple with the tech people and we are still trying to figure it out after three week. Everything with bridge works fine except messages. still showing flashing blank screen.
    08-25-11 09:30 PM
    i had similar problem before i updated pb os and bb bridge last night. when i would select all messages i would just get loading green circle. now all messages are loading properly. I do get eronious notifications after i have deleted e-mails. I just open it and tap the x
    08-25-11 10:54 PM
    Ditto here. I can open everything in Bridge except Messages. With a Password enabled on my Torch, the PlayBook keeps bring up a secondary Password dialog. With Password disabled on my phone the PlayBook screen just flashes and loops.

I'm on my second day with tech support at RIM and have sent them log files etc. for troubleshooting. RIM is sure taking the problem seriously so I hope for resolution soon.
    08-26-11 03:58 AM
    ya i seem to have one message stuck in limbo on playbook. It still shows after a restarted but blackberry bold doesnt show it. If i click on the message notification on playbook it keeps going and going and going with white screen and circle. Havent tried a restart on phone or battery pull yet think will try that.
    Got the same issue, but restarting BB and PB didnt fixed anything for me
    08-26-11 04:59 AM
    Restart of my blackberry bold work for me then next day more messages stuck again.
    08-26-11 11:51 AM
    I began to have a similar problem some time this morning. All by bridge functions were working fine, except for the messages. Every time I tried to open my messages on the PlayBook it would start to open the program (could see the "box" in the background and the green circle spinning), but would then shut down and a big font screen would come up asking for me to log in again (I am on BES with mandated password on my BlackBerry 9700). I would put in my password and it would pop back up to the secondary password screen. I do have the latest versions of bridge (OTA due to AT&T) and PB OS. I did a battery pull of my 9700 and complete shut down of the PB. After restarting both everything is once again working correctly. Now to see if this continues through tomorrow!
    08-26-11 02:04 PM
    Started to have this issue too, since last os update. Emails that have been deleted, notification shows up in pb and when attempting to open messages, green circle keeps spinning. Have restarted PB and battery pull on Torch, Even deleted all emails in in-box. Really starting to be annoying. Today is another day, so far its been OK, hopefully stays that way.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-26-11 02:49 PM
    With help from RIM tech support I did a security wipe on my Torch (not the Playbook) and then a selective restore - without email. It worked. Nice to have Bridge Messages again.
    08-31-11 07:56 PM
    I've had this problem twice so far. I'm still dealing with the second. The first time i did a security wipe on the playbook. It seems to happen when I open up a certain email. I really don't want to have to wipe any device for this to work. I deleted any of the recent emails that were on the phone when it happened, but its still stuck. I wonder if its a certain email account type. I have hotmail, gmail, OWA, verizon.net, optonline and the blackberry email accounts all coming to my phone. I wonder if deleting one of those would stop it from happening?
    09-05-11 08:00 AM
    I've had this problem ever since I got my Playbook. A security wipe or restore fixes it for me, and I try to back up my phone and Playbook often, so it's mostly just an inconvenience having to do an occasional restore to get this particular Bridge function to work...nothing major.

From what a previous poster mentioned about RIM's requesting of log files, it seems like tech support is at least aware that this is an issue, so hopefully it gets resolved soon.
    09-07-11 04:20 AM
    search the forum or google for "official blackberry bridge fix from rim" or sometjing along that and u will find a thread here to fix bridge if you have problems, could do you some magic.
    09-07-11 05:03 AM
    I have had this happen a couple times for me. I have been able to consistently fix the problem by going to Settings...Bridge and disconnecting; then go to Bluetooth settings and remove the device; go to the Bridge settings on the phone and remove the pairing to the Playbook. That should clear everything (optionally restart both devices and maybe reinstall Bridge on the phone) and then restart and reconnect everything back up and it should work. A bit of a pain but way better than a full wipe.
    09-07-11 09:25 AM
    I have had this happen a couple times for me. I have been able to consistently fix the problem by going to Settings...Bridge and disconnecting; then go to Bluetooth settings and remove the device; go to the Bridge settings on the phone and remove the pairing to the Playbook. That should clear everything (optionally restart both devices and maybe reinstall Bridge on the phone) and then restart and reconnect everything back up and it should work. A bit of a pain but way better than a full wipe.
    Those steps have worked for a lot of users who've experienced this issue, but the first time it happened to me, I ran through them all a few times to no avail, so I had to do a wipe, which resolved the issue. Now I just frequently back up my PB, and doing a restore doesn't take too long, IMO.

It does seem to happen less frequently than it used to, and when it does occur, it does so when I have a pretty full inbox, and more often than not, it's when I'm deleting one or more messages. Wish we could figure out what the exact cause of it is though
    09-07-11 12:32 PM
    I believe this issue started for me when I read an email with a pdf attachment on my PlayBook. I just closed the window after reading the pdf. (At least that is what I think I did, I'm not 100% positive). Anyway now I have the non-stop flashing white box instead of the messages. I'm trying a wipe of the PlayBook now.
    09-27-11 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD