I just uninstalled it thinking I'd try reinstalling it from BlackBerry World.

It's no longer there.

Looks like I'll be side-loading the BAR, as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 via Tapatalk
    I did the same thing. Restart the PlayBook and the native app will be in the 'available' section of your apps. Not in the store, but you can still get it.

You can try 'refreshing ' your app list, but it didn't work for me until I restarted

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:32 PM
    I didn't have to reboot, just refreshed the list and it was there.

I reinstalled it, however, it still hangs while trying to sign in.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 via Tapatalk
    04-18-14 04:02 PM
    Really Bizarre why some people are having problems while others are not
    FSeverino likes this.
    04-18-14 06:35 PM
    Thing I don't like about the sideloaded version is you can't open attachments like word or excel that you've added to notes. It looks for an android version to open them with.

Posted via CB10
    If you click the edit icon you can then touch the 3 dots next to the attachment and download it, it seems to get downloaded to /sdcard/download/attachment_name

if you browse to there using es_file_explorer you can then open the attachment without problems, not ideal but at least this version signs in

Also I find that if a note has a pdf attachment, although evernote tries to open it directly the adobe app does not work, but once I installed qPDF, i was given the option to use abobe or qPDF to open the attachment and qPDF seems to work every time
    Fire In The Bones and AWB70 like this.
    04-21-14 03:56 AM
    Strangely, my native Evernote has started hanging at sign in tonight
    04-21-14 03:18 PM
    I sent a message to Evernote a few days ago. This is the response that I received:

We apologize for the inconvenience, however it appears there is currently a bug causing this.
    We appreciate you taking the time to send us this error. We have filed an internal bug report with the QA team lead. They will classify and fix the bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.
    Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time.
    Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thanks for making Evernote a better product.

I do miss Evernote. Maybe there is hope yet? Possibly an update?
    04-22-14 10:18 AM
    ^ thanks for that

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:47 PM
    Thanks for letting us know, hopefully we'll get an update soon.

arTie's berry "Q10"
    04-22-14 01:45 PM
    I sent a message to Evernote a few days ago. This is the response that I received:

We apologize for the inconvenience, however it appears there is currently a bug causing this.
    We appreciate you taking the time to send us this error. We have filed an internal bug report with the QA team lead. They will classify and fix the bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.
    Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time.
    Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thanks for making Evernote a better product.

I do miss Evernote. Maybe there is hope yet? Possibly an update?
    Yeah fair play to them, at least they didn't just fob you off with its unsupported now.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 04:03 PM
    Mine wouldn't let me log in now either. Actually kept telling me I had the wrong email or password. Finally I clicked on the 'create a new account' and then once there selected sign in and signed into the Evernote web. Seems to work fine and I saved the web page to my homescreen.
    04-29-14 09:14 PM
    I tried reinstalling but it still hangs at sign in.
    05-10-14 04:42 PM
    I too cannot log in. I am using the Android port now, but I still prefer the native BB app for the same reason's listen in the forum. I am surprised that this issue didn't raise more noise than us few. Well that is the life of a PB owner, adjust & adapt.
    05-12-14 09:38 AM
    The issue I'm having with Evernote is that I cannot save any newly created notes. I can create a new note, modify the title, write the entire note, click done and everything disappears.

I've tried creating a new workbook, but alas, same issue persists.

Frustrating to say the least. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue or have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:46 AM
    Got following email from Evernote.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone having Evernote problems?-uploadfromtaptalk1400086731718.jpg  
    05-14-14 11:59 AM
    Sounds promising.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 01:07 PM
    Hello,

I've traded a few messages with Evernote since my last post. Essentially, I pointed out that the inability to log in is a "mission critical" bug and I requested a more rapid fix than simply awaiting the next update. I received this response earlier today:

" Greg (Evernote Support)

May 22 12:33

Thank you for contacting Evernote support, I'm sorry to see you are experiencing issues with your Evernote application.

My name is Greg, and I'll be working with you to resolve this issue.

I was able to take a look into this and unfortunately Blackberry has stopped supporting the Playbook and therefore we are no longer able to push out updates for it.

Again this is not Evernote's decision, we would love to support you and look forward to doing so in the future with your other devices."

This is an unfortunate conclusion and obviously not what we were hoping for. Looks like I'll have to learn how to sideload after all.
    05-22-14 07:43 PM
    I fear this is the response we will be getting in future from many app devs. The same thing has happened with box although that might just be me.
    One by one they fall. Not sure if BlackBerry is to blame on this one. I can't really see why blackberry not supporting the tablet should make a difference, Afaik there's been no change to the os and BlackBerry aren't stopping people uploading apps to blackberry world. As such it sounds more like the developers are using the BlackBerry situation as an excuse not to fix things.
    Side loading is no big deal, quite a simple task, however as as been seen before some android devs to keep things secure are forcing you to update apps to newer versions which don't run on the existing runtime. That's why the single most important thing for extending the life of the tablet is updating the runtime. That alone would solve many of the issues but unfortunately it looks highly unlikely that this will happen.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 03:02 AM
    What are Evernote basing their information on, 'the PlayBook Is no longer supported'? Have they official word from BlackBerry?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    05-23-14 06:23 AM
    I fear this is the response we will be getting in future from many app devs. The same thing has happened with box although that might just be me.
    One by one they fall. Not sure if BlackBerry is to blame on this one. I can't really see why blackberry not supporting the tablet should make a difference, Afaik there's been no change to the os and BlackBerry aren't stopping people uploading apps to blackberry world. As such it sounds more like the developers are using the BlackBerry situation as an excuse not to fix things.
    Side loading is no big deal, quite a simple task, however as as been seen before some android devs to keep things secure are forcing you to update apps to newer versions which don't run on the existing runtime. That's why the single most important thing for extending the life of the tablet is updating the runtime. That alone would solve many of the issues but unfortunately it looks highly unlikely that this will happen.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly agree with this ^

Bluebox also hasn't been updated and I can no longer use it to access my dropbox account.

I've added the Evernote web icon to my PlayBook and just go in through that. Looks like I'll have to the same for dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:25 AM
    Sadly agree with this ^

Bluebox also hasn't been updated and I can no longer use it to access my dropbox account.

I've added the Evernote web icon to my PlayBook and just go in through that. Looks like I'll have to the same for dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    Or you could sideload Android versions of Evernote and DropBox (both work nicely on the PB).
    05-23-14 08:22 AM
    For how long though? Facebook forces updates from android v 1.9. In effect you have the choice of a browser with out of date flash, an android version circa 2012 or the playbook one with limited functionality and no profile pics.

The world's your oyster.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 09:25 AM
    For how long though? Facebook forces updates from android v 1.9. In effect you have the choice of a browser with out of date flash, an android version circa 2012 or the playbook one with limited functionality and no profile pics.

The world's your oyster.

Posted via CB10
    Granted, but that's another topic for another thread. Was merely letting Vorko know that there's an alternative to the web interface that works, at least today/for now.
    05-23-14 10:36 AM
47 12