If you any rep for Adobe comes up on stage can you please boo them off stage or throw a copy of full PC version of Adobe Reader, while screaming "this is what a real pdf reader should do!"

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Foreverup; 04-26-12 at 03:05 PM.
    rickster21, FF22, OniBerry and 4 others like this.
    04-26-12 03:01 PM
    +1
    I totally agree.
    04-26-12 03:28 PM
    If you any rep for Adobe comes up on stage can you please boo them off stage or throw a copy of full PC version of Adobe Reader, while screaming "this is what a real pdf reader should do!"

Thank you in advance
    Do want want just the monitor thrown or the entire computer including monitor? (and I'm still laughing even if it is triggered by black humor!)
    04-26-12 04:34 PM
    Do want want just the monitor thrown or the entire computer including monitor? (and I'm still laughing even if it is triggered by black humor!)
    Don't be ridiculous. It would have to be a laptop. The wires of a PC would slow it down too much.
    snarlybear likes this.
    04-26-12 04:40 PM
    I vote for throwing all of it. Use a catapult if necessary.
    snarlybear likes this.
    04-26-12 05:06 PM

Thank you in advance
    I would also appreciate if somebody could slap into the faces of RIMs people with an old Nokia or a cheap Android phone running Skype. No need to scream anything, that should be embarrassing enough.
    04-26-12 05:20 PM
    Some of the replies here are hilarious!

But on a serious note, can someone explain what the main gripe is about the current reader. I mean when I click on a pdf file it starts the reader just like it does on my desktop. Excuse my ignorance.
    04-26-12 06:02 PM

But on a serious note, can someone explain what the main gripe is about the current reader. I mean when I click on a pdf file it starts the reader just like it does on my desktop. Excuse my ignorance.
    I can certainly explain.

You are exactly right the current adobe reader only opens pdf files. You can read them page by page or use the toolbar to go to a certain page.

However the current reader does not support secure pdfs, large file sizes, pdf with forms, bookmarks. You also cannot search for a word or term or annotate a pdf.

By the way 90% of the things missing are supported by the doc to go pdf reader on your BB phone.

I hate adobe.
    snarlybear and dynot like this.
    04-26-12 06:13 PM

To start off, Rim and Adobe are supposedly partners in this effort - the pb uses some adobe programming language and it came bundled with the Adobe Reader.

But READ is all it does. If you want to search for a word or phrase, you canNOT do that. So, I load my camera manual in and now, what? Read it cover to cover but not be able to search for "white balance" or "action" settings or anything else. Also, if you are reading the Great American Novel, it does not save your place if you need to check that camera manual. You canNOT bookmark the file. Some folks need to annotate (that may be an advanced function). You cannot open 2 files are once.

I gather that it works much better on other platforms. Even rim's bbphones have a better pdf reader on them.
    snarlybear and Foreverup like this.
    04-26-12 06:19 PM
    Don't be ridiculous. It would have to be a laptop. The wires of a PC would slow it down too much.
    Since you guys are giving me options. I'm going go with the laptop just because I feel the accuracy will be better, but if you can I would like to request one of the old school laptops that weighed like 20 pounds.
    snarlybear likes this.
    04-26-12 06:20 PM
    The bundled reader is version 10.0.3.325. The CEO of Adobe should be embarrassed by the app. If RIM had any guts they would pull the app from app world.
    04-26-12 06:27 PM
    Is it not obvious that it will be written in Cascades which isn't finished (yet?). I mean yes the reader is barebones but complaining at this point is kinda like shooting a dead horse, just saying
    04-26-12 07:08 PM
    Is it not obvious that it will be written in Cascades which isn't finished (yet?). I mean yes the reader is barebones but complaining at this point is kinda like shooting a dead horse, just saying
    From what I've read I don't know that "obvious" is what I'm feeling. "Possible" maybe but don't know if anyone knows exactly what's coming out in Cascades.
    04-26-12 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD