Look at the picture. This morning I updated the OS to the 1.0.6.2390 and the icons on the bridge pane are gone. A device reboot sorted things out, but still.

Also, see the BBM notification on the left top? I don't have it on my phone. I even closed all BBM chats. Anyone knows what to do to get rid of it?
    I'm talking about the BBM notification, not the 9 unread emails.

For anyone asking for the image, it's in the attachment.
    Last edited by Ibn la Ahad; 06-21-11 at 01:29 PM.
    tkcdamar likes this.
    06-21-11 06:33 AM
    yeah it has happened to me probably 3 times since launch date.... reboot fixed it every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 06:43 AM
    oh and for stuck notifications just send yourself an email so you get a legit notification and it will sort itself out. it is annoying.

06-21-11 06:45 AM
    oh and for stuck notifications just send yourself an email so you get a legit notification and it will sort itself out. it is annoying.

I've already done this. It doesn't work for me.
    06-21-11 07:05 AM
    everytime os update, u need to reboot pb and device and then re-pair the bridge by deleting the old connection. this shld fix it but occasionally it will reappear in which case a pb reboot alone will cure it
    PsyCorps likes this.
    06-21-11 07:33 AM
    For stuck email notifications, I just mark an email unread and then read. It gets rid of it for me.
    06-21-11 08:59 AM
    Anyone....
    06-21-11 01:04 PM
    i notice that even though you read the msg in your phone, you still have to read and close the chat on the tablet to get rid of the icon. i have done this without rebooting. i luv the wallpaper you have in the picture. care to share it?
    06-21-11 01:17 PM
    WOW, no I've never had any of these problems....when I download anything, whether on my 9650 or PlayBook I make sure I'm in a excellent reception area and I do not disturb the device until its completely finished.
    06-21-11 01:26 PM
    i notice that even though you read the msg in your phone, you still have to read and close the chat on the tablet to get rid of the icon. i have done this without rebooting. i luv the wallpaper you have in the picture. care to share it?
    I now have no unread BBM messages on my phone, I even deleted all the chats. The wallpaper is in the attachment of the first post.

I also asked the person where this started with to start a convo again, to see what happens, but it's not solved yet.

WOW, no I've never had any of these problems....when I download anything, whether on my 9650 or PlayBook I make sure I'm in a excellent reception area and I do not disturb the device until its completely finished.
    I'm not downloading anything. I was in my house when the OS update was done. I gotta say that this was also there before I updated the OS.

So... Now what? Reload the OS again?
    06-21-11 01:32 PM
    I now have no unread BBM messages on my phone, I even deleted all the chats. The wallpaper is in the attachment of the first post.

I also asked the person where this started with to start a convo again, to see what happens, but it's not solved yet.

I'm not downloading anything. I was in my house when the OS update was done. I gotta say that this was also there before I updated the OS.

So... Now what? Reload the OS again?
    This problem with BBM is why I had to return my PB. The message indicator wouldn't go away and it wouldn't launch BBM when I touched it. Spent a few hours with RIMM tech support going over it. They said, "hmm, never heard of this before." We deleted the bluetooth profile and re-established the link, but that didn't correct the problem. I haven't read of any solutions to this problem.

I have some questions....

1) are you using the latest version of the Bridge? You can check by downloading it from the App Store.

2) are you using the latest version of BBM? Again, download from App Store.
    06-21-11 03:49 PM
    The thing with the icons happening, I had. I just tapped on the main menu's (All, Media etc) and they came back.
    06-21-11 04:08 PM
    When this happened to me, I had to look at all BBM status updates on my phone (even if there wasn't a notification). As soon as I opened all "Recent Updates" (actually looked at them), the notification on the PB went away.
    06-21-11 04:42 PM
    I had this and did what you did and deleted the chat, but I also turned off blue tooth on the phone. Then rebooted the PB, notify went away.
    06-21-11 05:07 PM
    Okay, thanks for all the great ideas. The issue with the BBM notification was solved simply by doing a battery pull. Lol.

Thanks for all the good ideas.
    tkcdamar likes this.
    06-21-11 06:50 PM
    Okay, thanks for all the great ideas. The issue with the BBM notification was solved simply by doing a battery pull. Lol.

Battery pull?

do you mean draining it completely? as i have the same issue on my pb...
    06-21-11 11:52 PM
    Battery pull?

do you mean draining it completely? as i have the same issue on my pb...
    Sorry, I should've been more clear. A battery pull on my phone.
    06-21-11 11:54 PM
    yes...

i just did that and it got rid of the problem..no need to close all chats either nor to switch off the bluetooth on the handset when rebooting it..

thanks all...it was annoying a bit ..
    06-22-11 12:11 AM
    Look at the picture. This morning I updated the OS to the 1.0.6.2390 and the icons on the bridge pane are gone. A device reboot sorted things out, but still.

Also, see the BBM notification on the left top? I don't have it on my phone. I even closed all BBM chats. Anyone knows what to do to get rid of it?
    I'm talking about the BBM notification, not the 9 unread emails.

For anyone asking for the image, it's in the attachment.
    Thanks for the image. I have had a similar problem with app alerts, saying I need to download the newest update, but I have it. I am sure that this is a glitch on RIMs servers, and if you delete and reinstall it, it will go away. I am just guessing.
    06-22-11 12:14 AM

Thats great. Thanks for the tip, that glitch really annoys me.
    06-22-11 01:10 AM
    everytime os update, u need to reboot pb and device and then re-pair the bridge by deleting the old connection. this shld fix it but occasionally it will reappear in which case a pb reboot alone will cure it
    That worked for me! thanks!
    06-22-11 02:56 AM
    Only happened once since I got my PlayBook, but the bbm notification happens all the time, pretty much every time I connect to bridge. Was gonna start a thread about it but figured it wasn't a big enough issue to get too annoyed about.

06-22-11 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD