Mine did! Sprint Tour and since upgrading its worse. Other things seem snappier but bridge browser is awful now. I did the OTA update the night before and saw this behavior and deleted and reloaded .83 through Appworld deciding to wait for appworld to tell me when the one for my device was ready. Official version popped up in appworld yesterday Afternoon, same results. My paranoid side thinks .93 does something different with bridge browser traffic and now Sprint can degrade performance with it.

Just wanted to check with other users because everything I've seen posted everyone says it is faster.
    06-08-11 06:22 AM
    I don't think it is any faster using my 9650/Bold with OS5. Verizon, here.
    06-08-11 08:03 AM
    too be honest ive noticed a major gain in speed. i found it wasnt so good before. but now im loving it...

bb torch in the uk...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 08:12 AM
    My speed increased significantly. I honestly never used it before this latest update because it was so slow. I'm really enjoying this feature now. I'm using a bold 9700 with OS 6 on tmobile. Why is this not charged by the carriers by the way? Can they not detect it?
    06-08-11 08:26 AM
    My bridge browser speed has increased significantly! I am loving it! Make sure you have flash disabled. That might help.
    06-08-11 08:43 AM
    It seems to have really helped torch users. ATT bridge was slow and always got "stuck" loading many pages. Mine is actually quite usable now. The only significant upgrade/ improvement to benefit me personally with this update
    06-08-11 08:47 AM
    My speed increased significantly. I honestly never used it before this latest update because it was so slow. I'm really enjoying this feature now. I'm using a bold 9700 with OS 6 on tmobile. Why is this not charged by the carriers by the way? Can they not detect it?
    D_March I thought you knew these answers? It is not being charged because technically RIM found a gray area in tethering definition. Bridging is using the same service books from the phone and displaying them on the playbook and on top of that i believe everything is going through RIM's NOC first also. There is know way for carriers to tell if you are using your phone or playbook because the playbook is not assigned another ip address or anything to separate it from your phone like tethering basically it displays what your phone's browser would display.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-08-11 08:48 AM
    Sounds like it's no so good with older phones.
    06-08-11 08:52 AM
    Bridge browser runs much faster for me since the upgrade. I would say about twice as fast.
    06-08-11 08:53 AM
    It's quite fast through my Style with Sprint. It looks like, through this small sample size, that it helped OS6 users more than OS5 users.
    06-08-11 09:04 AM
    I'm on OS6 on a Torch and with the update to Bridge and Playbook, my Bridge browsing experience is wonderful. Very fast and very smooth.
    06-08-11 09:18 AM
    Don't know, as I don't use the bridge. I use my BB (Tour...awaiting the Bold Touch) as a BB phone and my PB as a wifi tablet. Haven't bothered to bridge them! At least, so far!!

06-08-11 09:55 AM
    Mine did! Sprint Tour and since upgrading its worse. Other things seem snappier but bridge browser is awful now. I did the OTA update the night before and saw this behavior and deleted and reloaded .83 through Appworld deciding to wait for appworld to tell me when the one for my device was ready. Official version popped up in appworld yesterday Afternoon, same results. My paranoid side thinks .93 does something different with bridge browser traffic and now Sprint can degrade performance with it.

Just wanted to check with other users because everything I've seen posted everyone says it is faster.
    Don't know about you but my tour bluetooth bites big time.
    06-08-11 09:59 AM
    Don't know about you but my tour bluetooth bites big time.
    Not sure, I just know the bridge browser was much faster with .83. Will probably need to find an OTA link and download it now as I don't think appworld allows you to go back.
    06-08-11 10:05 AM
    my bridge browser was painfully slow and unusable prior to the bbbridge update. now it is pretty quick and very usable. most others (especially verizon 9650 users running official OS6) have had similar improvements.

06-08-11 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD