I have my PlayBook set to use "Showcase" mode, this is where apps really multitask. For example, you can have Reader's digest have the magazine download in the background, while I browse the web or Play a game.
    In default mode, that doesn't work as the applications pause when aren't fullscreen.

"Showcase" mode is what really unlocks the power of the PlayBook. Any one using "Showcase" mode?
    Last edited by Chipchop; 04-29-11 at 06:28 PM.
    04-29-11 06:24 PM
    Always.
    10char
    04-29-11 06:29 PM
    For sure. Showcase rocks!
    04-29-11 06:42 PM
    Always here,too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 06:42 PM
    from day one my friend
    04-29-11 07:13 PM
    thanks for posting this, just turned mine to showcase.
    much better

anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-29-11 07:14 PM
    I can honestly say I have never put my PB in Showcase mode once. I've had it out showing many people and blew some minds. The best was showing my father... everything I showed him, he was flabbergasted! He want's one!

Any who I'm going to be out all weekend showing this baby off... I'll put it in Showcase mode and give it a shot... obviously I was missing something. I'll report back on Monday and let you know if it makes a difference.
    Balti43 likes this.
    04-29-11 07:23 PM
    i only use showcase mode. It's definitely the way to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 07:30 PM
    Always. First day I got it I went through all the settings and tested them, showcase is awesome.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    04-29-11 07:45 PM
    ye, i didn't like videos and other things pausing, i like them when they are still playing. They should make that default..
    04-29-11 08:18 PM
    No sir - I stay out of showcase mode.

I like the option to turn it on when I need it, but for everyday use, I'm only using one thing at a time.

Maybe once we get some more apps

Also, Reader's Digest/Fortune/App World all download and install in the background just fine. At least in "Default" mode.
    04-29-11 08:28 PM
    No sir - I stay out of showcase mode.

I like the option to turn it on when I need it, but for everyday use, I'm only using one thing at a time.

Maybe once we get some more apps

Also, Reader's Digest/Fortune/App World all download and install in the background just fine. At least in "Default" mode.
    Not app installation, in-app processing of any kind will be paused when the app isn't full screen..
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    04-29-11 08:31 PM
    Just started today so that my skytunes app works.
    04-29-11 08:34 PM
    I tend to stay in default because I worry that showcase mode will lower the battery life. Anyone tested the showcase battery life vs the default??
    04-29-11 08:38 PM
    never knew showcase was there! good to know and now changed too thanks!!!!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-30-11 05:59 PM
    still using default and haven't tried showcase. the only app as of now i leave running in the background in music which doesn't pause when minimized so haven't had the need to showcase yet.
    04-30-11 06:04 PM
    I'm currently on Default. Apps like slacker radio and music still play in the background when it's set on Default. I turn showcase on when it's time to show it off to someone. I always thought Showcase would drain the battery more, can anyone confirm this?
    04-30-11 06:05 PM
    Not app installation, in-app processing of any kind will be paused when the app isn't full screen..
    Hm, reader's digest downloading it's latest issue in the background worked fine for me.

I'm pretty sure the developer can tell the OS to let it do stuff in the background even when the GUI is "paused".
    04-30-11 06:11 PM
    Stuff works in the background minimized until another app is fill screen. I keep mine in showcase.
    04-30-11 06:14 PM
    The showcase mode was used continually in sales demos leading up to launch. Kinda like a wow feature. Is there any real world use or need to have the apps playing in tiny windows besides to impress people? As mentioned music doesnt need a window(or card) open.
    04-30-11 06:17 PM
    How else could I watch my favorite Air Crash Investigation on YouTube and still browse CrackBerry

|I do like watching videos or movies in the background just for the audio while doing something else. And I can just flick left and right and og back and forth. Genius!
    04-30-11 07:21 PM
    So does showcase mode have any battery drain effect?
    10-19-12 03:16 PM
    So does showcase mode have any battery drain effect?
    yes it certainly can. you applications would still be running in the background under showcase. thus using battery even though you are not using the app
    10-19-12 03:28 PM
    Since day 1, I still think it should be the default.
    10-19-12 03:33 PM
    Always have. Also, always thought "Showcase" was not the name I would have chose for it.
    10-19-12 06:12 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD