I'm trying to come up with a legit reason to get a second. "Because I want one" is good enough for me, but it's a tougher sell with my wife.
    I didn't think my wife really wanted one, so I wasn't going to push it on her. Then she insisted, among other reasons because she wants to use it to look up recipes on the web in the kitchen, instead of constantly walking back and forth to her computer. She's also been using it for videos at school, and audio recordings of her piano practice and the school choir she leads. We also quite like being able to video chat when I'm away.

Lots of reasons for your wife to get one too! :-)
    12-23-11 11:31 PM
    I have one and picked one up for my 4 yr old (for Xmas) since she's always on mine.
    12-23-11 11:50 PM
    I have one and picked one up for my 4 yr old (for Xmas) since she's always on mine.
    Just did the same for my 5 yo daughter, since i downloaded the Angry Birds it is almost impossible for me to get some NOVA time in.
    III 4U2NV III likes this.
    12-24-11 12:11 AM
    I have a Playbook, and my girlfriend has 2. One is her personal one, the other is for a media center.
    12-24-11 12:12 AM
    I didn't think my wife really wanted one, so I wasn't going to push it on her. Then she insisted, among other reasons because she wants to use it to look up recipes on the web in the kitchen, instead of constantly walking back and forth to her computer. She's also been using it for videos at school, and audio recordings of her piano practice and the school choir she leads. We also quite like being able to video chat when I'm away.

Lots of reasons for your wife to get one too! :-)
    great. I use mine to learn guitar and trying to learn jazz piano (I am a classically trained pianist). So, I youtube or copy tutorials to my playbook, set it up on the piano, and learn play and learn. Rock and roll.......as it were

Still looking for that "I need a 2nd PB" rationale not really
    12-24-11 01:15 AM
    Definitely nice to have two for sampling some exclusive video chatting especially @199. Got the first one in the summer and lowered my average PB cost in Nov....at least thats the story I used with LOML. Makes for some interesting video chatting with whomever is in my house while I'm at work or far away. IMO if the new BB10s can video chat with the home-based PB it will be awesome.
    12-24-11 01:24 AM
    will not own 2 of the same brand.rather have 1 of each brand.2 of the same brand for 1 person would be waste of money.but in modern times,people just want more and more.never satisfied.greedy.
    12-24-11 01:29 AM
    Bought a 32 GB for myself at the beginning of the price drop. Liked it so much I bough another 32 GB for my daughter and it's sitting under the tree.
    12-24-11 08:33 AM
    I had a 16GB until the price drops. Then, I was able to score a 64GB for me and the wife got the 16GB. She uses it all the time and even used it to conduct her annual inventory at her optical office.
    12-24-11 09:15 AM
    I've got 2, a 16GB unit that I got from RIM as part of their app development program and a 64GB unit that I bought on sale.
    12-24-11 02:09 PM
    I've got 2, a 16GB unit that I got from RIM as part of their app development program and a 64GB unit that I bought on sale.
    do you use both or just one now? If both, how and why?
    12-24-11 02:14 PM
    Right now i own 5. Tomorrow morning I'll be back to owning 1, but i should have some happy kids i can now video call.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-24-11 03:27 PM
    do you use both or just one now? If both, how and why?
    I've transferred all my files and apps over to the 64GB PlayBook (running OS 1.08.6067) and use it everyday paired with my Torch. I've got 2300+ songs, 130+ apps, 40+ movies and about 500 pics on it right now and I still have almost 18GB left on the hard drive.

I'm using the 16GB PlayBook to mess around with OS 2.0xxx and some side loaded apps, but I originally installed OS 2.0xxx on it so that I could back up some of my apps that went from free to paid.
    braindigger likes this.
    12-24-11 07:22 PM
    yep own 2....one dedicated to running around with me every where I go and the 2nd one I am using as a "protection plan" if my first one dies. I also leave the 2nd one docked as my alarm clock.
    12-24-11 08:02 PM
    My finger was poised above the add to cart button bang on 8pm tonight for the Best Buy online sale. Have a feeling those 50,000 units they have are going to disappear quickly! So got a 16gb PB for the wife for Xmas - well - new years probably!
    12-24-11 09:51 PM
    I'm thinking REALLY HARD about getting a second one, for, you know, insurance.
    If I see a 64GB refurb again I might jump on it without hesitation.

I fell in love after connecting to my tv via hdmi. For only $200??? Then again I mat just upgrade my Curve to Motorola Razr
    12-24-11 11:05 PM
    Bought a 64G for myself and one for each of my 2 boys. Already had a 32G so I now own two myself. What to do? Thinking one for work but then where do I put my apps? Can you run two on the same BBID?
    I was wondering about a related question today. My wife and I each have a PB, plus we have ended up with an extra 32GB model (result of all the ShopBlackberry snafus intersecting with our gifting plans).

Today our kindergartener was playing with some apps on my PB and I was thinking that maybe we would simply gift the extra one to her for music, educational apps, and videophone with grandparents (who all received PBs as gifts).

I have a bunch of apps on my PB that are for the kindergartener. If we gave her her own, ideally I'd have wanted to move the apps from my Blackberry ID to the one I create for her. Anyone know whether this is possible?
    12-25-11 12:26 AM
    i bought one for myself and two for my kids so i own 3 16 gigsfor a little more thanone eyepad
    12-25-11 03:39 PM
    I have 2 tablets, the PB for on the go, the larger one for at home.
    12-25-11 05:14 PM
    Trying to justify the need for a second one since I was able to get 2 64GB ones at a pretty good price... haven't opened up the second one yet. Would it be bad for the battery if it were left on the dock 24/7? Maybe I should sell it?
    12-27-11 11:32 AM
    Just picked up another one for my wife yesterday on boxing day. $199 for a 16gb. She loves mine so I got her one for herself. We've got 2 PB's, an Asus transformer for my son and an iPad for my daughter and we all love our devices.
    12-27-11 12:20 PM
    I got 4 at my house! lol. great for video chat when we aren't at home!
    12-27-11 10:02 PM
    Does anyone here have 2+ for themselves, not including any family members?
    12-27-11 10:39 PM
    have my 64gb since launch and love it so much ..got one for the GF for christmas and then one for her son and now one for her daughter .. thats 4 new PBs
    12-28-11 06:15 PM
    Does anyone here have 2+ for themselves, not including any family members?
    Does 5 BlackBerry PlayBooks make me greedy; the prices were too good to pass up? Granted one is reserved as a backup tablet in the event any of the others is damaged or sent away for warranty service. And I gave another 2 BlackBerry PlayBooks as Christmas gifts.
    12-29-11 01:07 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD