I noticed quite a few times that the red glow when a new message is received stays even after being read. The only way to get rid of the glow is to click on any icon across the top, in the dark blue area. Once I click on something like the clock or wifi and close the window the red glow is gone. It doesn't happen all of the time but has happened at least a dozon times since new OS came out. Any ideas?
    03-05-12 03:44 PM
    Are you bridged? I have noticed that sometimes reading a bridged email does not clear the message on my 9800. Eventually, it catches up.

Dismissing calendar reminders often doesn't clear them on my 9800 and I have to do that separately.
    03-05-12 03:51 PM
    I've had a similar issue. A red glow in upper left corner. If I swipe down from the tip or open a new application, it usually goes away. Started happening with OS2.
    03-05-12 03:54 PM
    That got so annoying that I just turned it off and stick with the blinking LED. At first I thought it was light leak from the backlight until I figured out it was from the notifications.
    03-05-12 03:55 PM
    I have the same problem. No bridge. Turned it off and just use LED. Why it works with LED and not screen? Hmmmm.
    03-05-12 04:01 PM
    My experience is the opposite, in which the red glow goes away after I read or mark all unread messages as being read.
    Maybe there are some old messages that you haven't gotten to?
    I always do a quick check on "all accounts" to see which email accounts has unread messages.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-05-12 04:06 PM
    For me too, can't leave anything unread or marked as unread if I want the notification to go away.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    03-05-12 04:31 PM
    The glow is there but no new message notification icon. All messages are read. It must be a bug in the new OS. I'm sure there will be a fix at some point. i just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.
    03-05-12 04:37 PM
    i just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.
    I don't think anyone implied it's not.
    03-05-12 04:39 PM
    You've got a point!
    03-05-12 04:43 PM
    Yes
    10characters
    03-05-12 04:51 PM
    I have the same problem. It has only started since OS2 so I reckon it is a minor glitch that they'll get fixed sooner or later.

I actually do like have the little corner glow when new messages and notifications come in, so hopefully they'll get it back to how it was - quick swipe and it's gone.
    03-05-12 05:21 PM
    Same issue here. I find if i bring up the keyboard it usually disappears.
    03-05-12 05:24 PM
    I've found if you click/touch the Bridge icon in the status area it will disappear, if it is sticking around longer than desired...
    03-05-12 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD