Title update: Anyone else not missing their PlayBook?

So like every other BlackBerry user I've got myself a Z10. Since getting the Z the PlayBook has kinda been collecting dust for the last month. Just fired it back up tonight and I'm using it write this post but I'm feeling rather meh about it. I don't know if it's because I have better capability on my phone now or the lack of bridge functionality, but I just wanted to see what people are using their PB for now.
    Last edited by Carmels; 04-08-13 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Correcting title of thread
    04-08-13 09:07 PM
    I think I have used my Playbook once since getting my Z10. Still carry my Playbook with me when I go out just in case I need the larger screen for work, but found I can do most things with my Z10, so hasn't really been needed.
    04-08-13 09:21 PM
    Ditto. Taken out only to charge.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:50 PM
    Ditto. Taken out only to charge.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:01 PM
    I was actually surprised now that I think of it but I used it daily. All day. Until I got the z. Haven't really touched it since.

To be honest, the interface of the Pb looks so dated now compared to the z10.

Safe to say i don't use it either anymore.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-08-13 10:02 PM
    I know the first poster, Carmel, mentioned the "miserable" bridge experience. Would you others use your pb's more if the Bridge functions were all back so you could use Calendar, email and memos from the phone on the pb?
    04-08-13 10:03 PM
    I know the first poster, Carmel, mentioned the "miserable" bridge experience. Would you others use your pb's more if the Bridge functions were all back so you could use Calendar, email and memos from the phone on the pb?
    Sadly for me, and I used it daily, the interface would have to change as it really does feel "Clunky". If it gets updated then yes I'd use the above as well as the remote control which I loved when connected to a big screen

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-08-13 10:18 PM
    Less at home, but not at work....my playbook is my desktop with mobility! I get to school, turn on my desktop, then don't mess with it until the end of the day.....all the rest of my work I do via 32 GB of playbook awesome
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-08-13 10:30 PM
    Sadly, no. There's no need (IMO).
    I find that I hardly use my PlayBook now that I have the Z10. I do take my PlayBook to meetings to avoid taking paper. And it did a yeoman's job video-taping a presentation when the video folks did not show up. But, it's a lot slower, especially the browser (and opening up mail and the calendar). The Adobe Reader app is also WAY better on the Z10 now. I hope all of this BB10 goodness comes to the PlayBook. It's a great size.

I do find it better to play games on the PlayBook For old time's sake, I played Plants vs. Zombies, Monopoly and Bejeweled this weekend. I find myself not playing (actually not wanting to play) any games on the Z10.

Edit - when I said no need, I meant unless you need the extra screen real estate.
    04-08-13 10:48 PM
    I use mine every day and every night, I love this tablet, and I'm sure I can use too when I get my Z10 or my Q10.
    I miss mine when is not with me. :-)
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-08-13 10:48 PM
    I'm not getting a Z10 until they restore full functionality.

My PB and torch work perfectly and I use the Notes function every day on my PB via the bridge.

Until that's there on with Z10 and the PB I'm staying put.
    FF22 and rotorwrench like this.
    04-08-13 11:15 PM
    I'm not getting a Z10 until they restore full functionality.

My PB and torch work perfectly and I use the Notes function every day on my PB via the bridge.

Until that's there on with Z10 and the PB I'm staying put.
    I agree. I love the Z10 and have spent quite a bit of time on them now, and may even get one, but my PB/9930 combo is still unbeatable for work and play for my needs. The Z10 screen will never replace my needs for a PB screen at work nor home. With full Bridge functionality, a Z10 and PB would be a killer work combo and a no brainer. PB still rocks for me.
    04-09-13 12:14 AM
    I have my Z10 and love it but it will never replace my playbook. I still use it everyday and love the bigger screen for browsing and games. But I do wish the bridge functionality was better on the Z10 and I also miss the unlimited BIS, now I carry a pocket wifi device with 12gb per month so my playbook and Z10 will never go over my data usage. Still lovin' my 64gb playbook!!!
    04-09-13 12:56 AM
    I would really like to use the Bridge the way I used to for email, text, calender, etc...on a larger screen. Sometimes I just grab my PB for internet usage on a bigger screen or movies on the HDMI, but lately I really have not grabbed it as much.
    04-09-13 01:19 AM
    I recently used my PB for a class presentation to show pictures, graphs and documents - at the same time, I was actually detailing notes off my Z10 and people were quite impressed with how I delivered my presentation. I did use the "bridge" function but I felt that it could have been better. When I wake up in the morning, rather than turn on my touch screen computer on the wall to check mail, I leave my PlayBook on so that way I can just reply right away to any urgent messages. The Z10 is my phone, yeah it can do what my PC or PlayBook does, but it's my phone first. I do watch movies in the middle of the night on the PB too, I love the crisp 1080p graphics. Recently watched Journey 2 The Mysterious Island and MIB 3, very impressed. All in all, not missing my PlayBook as it is not missing out on any action.
    04-09-13 01:37 AM
    I,m not missing my playbooks at all. I still use them daily. Some things are just better on a bigger screen not to mention i'm not killing my phone battery.
    04-09-13 04:42 AM
    Honestly all I used Bridge for was BBM, text messages and memo pad. The other PIM apps I disabled as I had Gmail doing the syncing for me in the cloud. I still do use my PlayBook, I carry it to the university daily so my PlayBook is getting the same amount of use as before, just the annoyance that Bridge is terrible on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:20 AM