Is anyone else having issues with accessing their Gmail on their PlayBook? It keeps making me login with my password, over and over....
    08-02-12 08:10 AM
    Same here....mine cant seem to connect to m.google.com
    08-02-12 08:47 AM
    I'm referring to having my Gmail actually set up as an integrated email account, not the website. Has been working fine for a year, but for some reason the past few days I'm getting this password issue. Odd...
    08-02-12 09:12 AM
    Happened to me yesterday as well. Stopped since the update to .668.
    leeannh likes this.
    08-02-12 10:28 AM
    Same problem, email stopped working I deleted the accounts and tried re-adding and it won't connect.

ANYONE have a solution???
    08-03-12 10:26 PM
    This was happening a lot a while back. The solution to the problem was to delete ALL email accounts, REBOOT and reinstall email accounts. This method seems to correct the problem.
    08-03-12 11:11 PM
    I tried that it doesn't work via wifi only via bridge.
    08-03-12 11:16 PM
    After I took the update, I rebooted & when I went to check the email I had to re-enter my gmail password. It asked me like 4 times after the initial time to enter my password again. After the fifth time it took. Rebooted again & now it's working normally.
    08-03-12 11:23 PM
    Had the same issue. I solved it with changing my password on my online account, deleted the account and re-added the account with the new password. Try it!
    08-03-12 11:51 PM
    I had the same issue yesterday as well but it worked itself out after the various attempts to log-in as well as deleting the account from the PlayBook and adding it back (although it did keep asking me for the password a few more times). It was annoying to say the least, as my primary email account is a GMail account. I chalked it up to the recent update, as it worked fine prior to the update and worked fine after the install and rebooting after the update. The issue didn't pop up until I turned it on yesterday.
    leeannh and Willard814 like this.
    08-04-12 11:55 AM
    Same here. I started having the problem with the last update..I tied deleting my account and rebooting but I'm still getting asked to login. I'll try some of the other suggestions.
    08-05-12 10:27 AM
    Just checked mine after the update and all is fine. Gmail, yahoo, fb etc
    08-05-12 10:51 AM
    I get no messages showing up in gmail, if i go to the web site I have plenty
    leeannh likes this.
    08-06-12 12:32 PM
    I was prompted for my Gmail password continually just before the 668 build was released. This also coincided (although might be totally unrelated) with my battery randomly draining quickly overnight. A reboot fixed it.

Since the 668 release has been on my PlayBook, I'm asked for my Gmail password every day. I deleted my email accounts, rebooted then created them again; and this fixed everything for a couple of days.

Now the Gmail password requests are back with a vengeance. Disabling the enabling my WiFi connection sometimes fixes it, but nothing seems to solve the problem for any length of time.
    Willard814 likes this.
    08-06-12 12:49 PM
    I have two-step security in Gmail and have problems with Gmail and Playbook as well since the update to 668 build.

I revoked and generated a new password for my playbook/Gmail and it lasted about 24 hours. Now it doesn't work. I need to revoke and generate a new one. Kind of tedious.

My other devices using Gmail are working fine. I believe is then something related to the new build or the way PlayBook downloads Gmail emails.
    cyrus132 likes this.
    08-06-12 01:01 PM
    The issue is back for me as well, and it's getting annoying.
    08-07-12 02:46 PM
    The issue is back for me as well, and it's getting annoying.
    I experienced it about a 1/2 hr ago. I had to enter in my password 3 times. I turned off PB and rebooted. Turned on wifi and then checked mail. Back to normal again. No biggie
    08-07-12 03:35 PM
    Has the Rim-Gmail relationship changed (other them google not wanting pb users to use gmaps, etc) or soured more? I sent myself an email from one address to my gmail address. That was more than an hour ago and my PHONE still has not gotten it. I wanted it on my pb since it was a recipe and I wanted to use it in the kitchen - phone's small for that purpose. It use to be near instantaneous. It did not go into spam as I see in on gmail-web and my 3rd party desktop program also retrieved it.
    08-07-12 05:19 PM
    I'm referring to having my Gmail actually set up as an integrated email account, not the website. Has been working fine for a year, but for some reason the past few days I'm getting this password issue. Odd...
    Well, I have not had Gmail set up as an integrated email account for quite as long as you, but mine is still working fine since I first set it up a few months ago. This has been on official 2.0 since release, beta 2.1 since release and now with latest beta update, not tried 2.0.1.668.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 08-08-12 at 06:15 AM.
    08-07-12 09:31 PM
    My native accounts haven't worked since about 10 days after OS 2.0 came out! Believe me I've done everything from rebooting to changing passwords to deleting re adding etc etc etc etc etc. I've given up on the native email. It is too bad. I really did like it when it worked.

m.Google.com never is found lol.
    leeannh likes this.
    08-07-12 09:39 PM
    My native accounts haven't worked since about 10 days after OS 2.0 came out! Believe me I've done everything from rebooting to changing passwords to deleting re adding etc etc etc etc etc. I've given up on the native email. It is too bad. I really did like it when it worked.

m.Google.com never is found lol.
    Wow, that is a bummer! Glad all works fine on mine or I would have bought another one.
    08-07-12 10:00 PM
    I've tried to set up my Gmail account all the different ways from here and from blackberries support site and always get the "The server m.google.com for account [email protected] is not responding...etc you get the picture.

this is fricking frustrating it was working great for about a month then about the middle of June it stopped working

my OS is at 2.0.1.668

gmail has been giving me grief with my outlook on my PC at the same time I am using the 2 step process
    08-07-12 11:06 PM
    If you go into Gmail /account /security and enable two step authentication, this will never happen again.

You create a application specific password for your PlayBook � and BOOM DONE.

This works I guarantee it.
    08-08-12 09:57 PM
    If you go into Gmail /account /security and enable two step authentication, this will never happen again.

You create a application specific password for your PlayBook � and BOOM DONE.

This works I guarantee it.
    I went in and did the 2-step verification and then assigned a Playbook specific password. It all worked for about 2 hours or so, then got the dreaded "enter password" popup. This is really frustrating. I don't get anything like this on any other device. I've always had these issues with the Yahoo email I have on here.

I'm just not sure why the Playbook has such a hard time with the email on here.
    08-09-12 04:03 PM
    For me the problem begun before the 668 upgrade. The most reliable solution up to now is the following: When ever the pop up window appears, I go to settings, accounts, tap on the gmail, and tap to save, without reentering the password, that keeps the service working for a longer period of time.
    So when the pop up window shows click "cancel" and do the previous described procedure. If that works for you let us know
    2stroke17 likes this.
    08-11-12 11:41 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD