It seems to have added separate contact info together in a number of instances.
    09-27-13 05:14 PM
    i havent noticed that but my bbm seems sluggish lately and messages take a while to leave my phone at all just a grey box for about 2 mins before sending to other bb10 phones bbos seems uneffected strange :/
    09-27-13 07:29 PM
    I don't have a phone. The problem I am having is that there is profile info mixing up on the Contact, Video Chat and Email areas. Some names are unaffected but some have disappeared, some have mixed up the profiles of two different people, some have added another person as a second email address. Some phone numbers are also affected the same way.

I restarted the Playbook but when I went through my contacts list and clicked through each name I am still getting errors on more than half of each of the profiles.
    09-27-13 07:55 PM
    I don't have a phone. The problem I am having is that there is profile info mixing up on the Contact, Video Chat and Email areas. Some names are unaffected but some have disappeared, some have mixed up the profiles of two different people, some have added another person as a second email address. Some phone numbers are also affected the same way.

I restarted the Playbook but when I went through my contacts list and clicked through each name I am still getting errors on more than half of each of the profiles.

I raised this issue a week or so ago too:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...linked-851887/

In my case, the PB was syncing contacts from my Hotmail and Gmail accounts, and messing them up in much the same way as you describe.

Not sure whether it is just coincidence, but since allowing it to sync with my Hotmail contacts only, the problem has not (so far) re-occurred.
    snow_stipple likes this.
    09-28-13 10:59 AM
    Yes, that is the problem. Thanks for the link, dc scotland. I missed your recent post.

I fixed up my contacts manually and re-started the Playbook. Seems okay now but I guess wait and see is the only certainty.
    09-28-13 12:41 PM
    Hi snow_stipple, do you sync your contacts with multiple email accounts, or just one ?
    09-28-13 12:52 PM
    I have hotmail and gmail. In the Settings each is set to Sync Email, Contacts, and Calendar.
    09-28-13 01:28 PM
    That's exactly what I had. I still have the same Hotmail settings, but Gmail is now set to sync mail only. No problems in recent days so I am hoping that has fixed it, but time will tell.
    09-28-13 01:33 PM
    I have the same problem and it is driving me crazy. I have contacts from hotmail's, Gmail's and Exchange. I can't trust them anymore...

Being a BIG BlackBerry defender, I am very dispointed at this problem.

If anyone has a real solution or alternative to it...
    10-07-13 01:36 PM
    My list is quite short so I went through it and edited each entry. Only way I know to correct the contacts list. Bummer for anyone with a lot of contacts. Perhaps if you have a good contacts list on a computer you could delete your list on the PB and also delete the accounts that contribute to the list and then reenter the accounts and reimport the lists? In other words start over.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-07-13 03:29 PM
    I have the same problem and it is driving me crazy. I have contacts from hotmail's, Gmail's and Exchange. I can't trust them anymore...

Being a BIG BlackBerry defender, I am very dispointed at this problem.

If anyone has a real solution or alternative to it...
    I have still not (so far) had any repeat of the problem since syncing my contacts with Hotmail only. Some of my Gmail and Hotmail contacts were duplicates anyway. But those which weren't, I copied from Gmail to Hotmail so that I still have all my contacts listed on the Playbook. Not sure if is the best solution, but that must be around 2 weeks now and it seems to have worked for me.
    10-07-13 05:22 PM