I would love the 5mp camera on my playbook, but most of the pictures that I take are grainy. I know this may have to do with light level, but I can't believe that you are supposed to have the thing in direct sunlight to be able to take a good picture. Anyone know a workaround? I will post an example picture shortly.
    Zwickliffe likes this.
    09-21-11 12:15 PM
    Mine is the same way. Almost unusable for decent still pictures to be honest. The video, on the other hand, is astounding (if only in bright light).
    09-21-11 12:23 PM
    I would love the 5mp camera on my playbook, but most of the pictures that I take are grainy. I know this may have to do with light level, but I can't believe that you are supposed to have the thing in direct sunlight to be able to take a good picture. Anyone know a workaround? I will post an example picture shortly.
    I have noticed this as well, and not even really low light, inside a room with daylight coming through the window results in a grainy pic. My 9700 with its 3.2MP? camera takes a better pic.

Its more than likely a result of software and lack of features/options such as "low light" , "night ", "close up" and other numerous options on the 9700. The only 3 options on PB seem to be "Auto, Sports and Whiteboard".

Hopefully it will be updated in the future....
    09-21-11 12:25 PM
    Yep, not ideal lighting = not so good pic. Thought about finding a clip to hold a bright flashlight to clip on the playbook, now how dorky will that look.
    09-21-11 12:28 PM
    Moderate to lowish light (but not dark by any means)

At least moderate light

My Tour takes much better pictures with it's 3mp camera and itty bitty flash, which is what the playbook needs, perhaps.
    09-21-11 12:41 PM
    This photo was taken with my tour. Notice the difference:
    09-21-11 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD