ok this is my second pb from best buy
    first one had dead pixels ...os updated fine...werked great but suddenly rebooting few times ...all of a sudden stalled on color screen
    went in to do exchange no problem

now playing wth this new one

is anyone disappointed with how buggy it is?
    i "was" an apple fanboy n loved the potential of pb
    i think ipad are just useless in comparison to wat pb can do
    but seriously apple would never allow somthin so buggy to b on shelves
    touchscreen bit laggy n not as fluid as hoped
    even typin dis i found it somwat hard to position cursor in da rite spot
    battery charging is slower than i expected
    1.5 hrs charges bout 50% or less

like reviews this is a great idea but somwat half baked
    i hate to say it but i think a lot of us do take for granted wat apple offers
    theres a lot of little things that i wish pb had which is wat apple had taken the time to program
    apple has a lot of stuff ironed out n we have a fully functional product rite out of the box

i am goin to play with it few more days but if this keeps up
    this has to go back (not that i will buy an ipad)
    anyone hav similar frustrations? planning a return?
    04-19-11 11:49 PM
    iPad 2 charging even more slow, 4-6 hours.
    04-19-11 11:59 PM
    Had the same problem as you - wouldn't get past the start-up screen after I had powered it down. Returned mine to Staples with the intention of exchanging for another one. They were sold out which in retrospect, was probably a good thing. I will wait and see how RIM deals with the issues of this launch and will maybe go back to the PB on the next release.

Brian
    04-20-11 12:00 AM
    I bought 2 and I'm not impressed - I'll probably take my girlfriends back tomorrow...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 12:04 AM
    There are no doubt "bugs" that are annoying. I do think it was put to market before it should have been. I am very impressed with the hardware. The PB plays Flash video on the web, better than any mobile device/tablet I have used. I am going to use my entire 14 day return window and see what this thing can do.

As far as apps go, it reminds me of when the Zune HD launched and had about 3 apps. I have high hopes RIM will get the app devs going and get us what we need (hopefully) !!
    04-20-11 12:06 AM
    Working flawlessly. They'll have to pry this out of my cold dead hands.
    I can't believe it will only get better!
    04-20-11 12:09 AM
    I couldn't be happier to be honest. I'm going from an iPhone 4/iPad 2 combination to the Torch/PlayBook. My emails sync nicely, all of my files are accessible, and I'm not stuck with iTunes.

The PlayBook does so much more, and has potential to overtake the iPad. I don't think it will though.
    04-20-11 12:10 AM
    first one had dead pixels ...os updated fine...werked great but suddenly rebooting few times ...all of a sudden stalled on color screen

theres a lot of little things that i wish pb had which is wat apple had taken the time to program
    apple has a lot of stuff ironed out n we have a fully functional product rite out of the box

remember apple didnt iron out their bugs right away, iOS has been years in the making, this is a new OS.
    04-20-11 12:11 AM
    As far as apps go, it reminds me of when the Zune HD launched and had about 3 apps. I have high hopes RIM will get the app devs going and get us what we need (hopefully) !!
    Lets hope this pans out better than the Zune HD though! I also was an early adopter of the Zune HD - solid MP3 and Video player. Good thing that was all that I wanted as Microsoft pretty much let it die a long, slow, neglectful death...
    04-20-11 12:12 AM
    yes i agree
    it was the potential of watchin flash vids that enticed me to buy even i am a daily user of only mac products
    i do think that rim shold have refined this even more b4 selling to consumers
    this has been a slap in the face to themselves and as a first time blackberry user i am a bit peeved
    i wish rim wold hire better programmers n developers ....n testers!
    i asked best buy wat happens to all the returned units
    basically it goes bak to da manufacturer
    sure the numbers sold mayb high
    but may hav to account for wat % being returns n exchanges?
    luckily that 14 day window will b a good testing period
    sigh... n i was so proud to showoff to my friends ...(i guess thats da same mistake rim made haaa)
    Last edited by gunsta66; 04-20-11 at 12:20 AM.
    04-20-11 12:16 AM
    Lets hope this pans out better than the Zune HD though! I also was an early adopter of the Zune HD - solid MP3 and Video player. Good thing that was all that I wanted as Microsoft pretty much let it die a long, slow, neglectful death...
    Agreed. I am hoping RIM hits the issues hard and swiftly resolves them since it is their first dive into the tablet market.
    04-20-11 12:18 AM

Apparently it's "keyboard" is so bad that you can't even use complete words! "B" is not a word, it's a letter. You have a full keyboard, please use it.

04-20-11 12:19 AM
    remember apple didnt iron out their bugs right away, iOS has been years in the making, this is a new OS.
    Yes, and it STILL has the worst notification system known to man.
    Place.of.mind likes this.
    04-20-11 12:27 AM
    Apparently it's "keyboard" is so bad that you can't even use complete words! "B" is not a word, it's a letter. You have a full keyboard, please use it.

LOL! What's wrong? You don't like: werked , wat , somthin, b, typin dis, somwat , rite?
    04-20-11 12:30 AM

actually u misused "it's" (it is)
    u mean to say "its" (possessive) keyboard
    04-20-11 12:58 AM

Ya, b.
    10 characters.
    04-20-11 01:07 AM
    You guys are the early adopters,bound to have some bugs no product is perfect that includes the jesus-pad.

04-20-11 01:14 AM
    So far I am quite impressed. I never have had an iPad so maybe my frame of reference isn't as skewed as others. Interface is great. Bridge works as advertised. Browser is great. After using web versions or Gmail and Dropbox I am coming around to the concept that you DON'T need and app for that if you have the web. The best part is that this thing is only going to get better.
    04-20-11 04:37 AM
    I returned mine yesterday. In only 8 hours I had enough to tell it was NOT going to replace my iPad2 as an Internet appliance. Not even close.
    04-20-11 05:15 AM
    I knew I would be disappointed. I saw the reviews and knew what I was getting into. I was absolutely sure, from a consumer's perspective, RIM was going to release an unfinished product. Very much how they did with the Storm. But if you look at RIM's products clearly they evolve their products over time. I decided I wanted to be on the front end of this evolution and pay the price of bugs and constant OS updates.

Well I got exactly what I expected. I'm experiencing a frozen Playbook that won't get past the flickering lights screen after just setting up my Playbook and downloading a few apps. I just used the browser once. I tested Blackberry Bridge and email and contacts worked, but the Bridge browser didn't work.

I'm disappointed that I may have to return my Playbook. I knew I would be in for problems some way or another, I was just hoping I would be wrong. I'm going to leave it off for way more than an hour. If it doesn't power on properly when I get home from work, it's going back to Staples.

I really wanted to use the Blackberry Bridge browser on my train ride to and from work.
    04-20-11 05:18 AM
    The only thing im disappointed with is that horrible convertible case. Makes the volume buttons impossible to push. I think the power button was the best design compared to the xoom's, I can 't accidently push it. I love the the keyboard and i can live with temporarily not having full access to my sd card. It's better then not having access to a built in sd card slot for 4 months and no sign of the maker or Os designer fixing it before 2012.
    One thing some people don't realize iOS has many many years under its belt. Tablet QNX is brand new it will have some growing pains, though oddly an off I'm not getting any of them. My tablet must like me <3.
    04-20-11 05:28 AM
    Yes, you are right, he did get that wrong. Made me laugh a little when I read his message. I do agree with his point though. Your messages are downright painful to read.

Forgivable, even understandable, while txting, - not so much on a message board though where the extra 5 seconds won't kill you and you are not likely to run into a character limit.

Just saying..

04-20-11 05:47 AM
    I'm returning mine but I pretty much knew that going in. I really just wanted to try it out and I am glad I did. If anything, it makes me want one more, but only once it has a bit more functionality and the current functionality works better with less bugs. I don't have the money (or the patience I guess) to be an early adopted for this... I have been in the past with the Torch and 9780 and it seems a good rule of thumb is to pick something up about 4-6 months after it comes out.

That way all the issues are worked out and you have a much more pleasant experience.

So... I'm hoping to get one again in maybe September since most of the talked about functionality (native email client, android apps) and likely a load of software updates will have taken place by then. Maybe earlier if things go better... The one thing I need this to do and I wont pick it up again until it does, is a good remote desktop app so I can control/access my home server. Once it has that, than it would do pretty much everything my netbook can do which would justify the cost.
    04-20-11 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD