Found this on berryreview

Attachment 82855

Fully present as free on PB appworld
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-13-11 at 10:14 AM.
    03-13-11 10:11 AM
    If you use skype over wifi from either blackberry or playbook using voice to a computer do you still have to pay currently pc to pc i do voice and dont pay
    03-13-11 10:14 AM
    yeah it was spotted long ago on the app world presentation but it was not known on when an app would be available
    03-13-11 10:26 AM
    Or if it will only work if you are a verizon customer.

yeah it was spotted long ago on the app world presentation but it was not known on when an app would be available
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 11:01 AM
    I still don't think we know if it'll even work over Wifi (it doesn't on phones) or whether it'll support video calling immediately or later.
    03-13-11 02:36 PM
    Found this on berryreview

Attachment 82855

Fully present as free on PB appworld
    This was back in January.
    03-13-11 02:53 PM
    PlayBook isn't phone. It is considered a mobile computing device. I'm sure it has the power to run Skype just like a netbook/laptop.

03-13-11 02:59 PM
    I know it was posted in january......many posters however appeared to be losing sleep over this...so I posted it as a form of relief, however it is yet to be seen how it will be implemented
    03-13-11 03:25 PM
    I wonder if we'll be able to use the front camera as a webcam on msn!

So many possibilities!

03-14-11 04:17 AM
    If you use skype over wifi from either blackberry or playbook using voice to a computer do you still have to pay currently pc to pc i do voice and dont pay
    no u don't have to pay for pc to pc or mobile phone to mobile phone since its still using the web to access the skype servers. Only time you have to pay is when you go from pc to phone or mobile phone to phone (using skype that is).
    LrdAnkh likes this.
    03-14-11 10:57 AM
    no u don't have to pay for pc to pc or mobile phone to mobile phone since its still using the web to access the skype servers. Only time you have to pay is when you go from pc to phone or mobile phone to phone (using skype that is).
    Thank You so i guess i am safe to download skype to my phone i only call to pcs so I would not be charged from phone to pc.
    03-14-11 12:53 PM
    Thank You so i guess i am safe to download skype to my phone i only call to pcs so I would not be charged from phone to pc.
    Yup it does use data tho so keep that in mind when u skype.

03-14-11 02:06 PM
    I am confused about this conversation.

In the US TM and ATT do not allow Skype thru data plans.

In the case of WIFI:
    Will the Playbook, via WIFI, work like a PC:
    able to connect to Skype through the Internet (not phone data).

Is there a going to be an APP?

The BB Playbook spec says:
    "Wirelessly connect to your BlackBerry smartphone for real time access to: Email, calendar, address book, task list and BBM"

This means seems to mean that Playbook > BB phone > phone company data plan > Internet > Skype is not possible.

It does not now say that is is possible: Playbook > BB phone > data > Internet

But perhaps: Playbook > BB > WIFI > Internet > Skype may be possible of there is an app

Another spec says:

The BB Playbook spec says:
    "3G network access using your BlackBerry� smartphone as a modem; 4G network access available on BlackBerry� 4G PlayBook™ tablet"

This seems to mean that you can use the BB phone by dial up network to access "Skype - to - go" using local call minutes
    Last edited by mandony; 03-23-11 at 02:35 PM.
    03-23-11 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD