Of course there's going to be some stuff they've held back so that the OS2.0 headlines are "OS2.0 brings many new features" instead of "OS2.0 finally here". That's Marketing 101... Never mind, I just realised that I assumed RIM can do marketing...

Seriously though, since nobody's had the ability to play with the devices yet, only watch RIM people demo specific parts, I'm sure that they're purposely hiding some parts, some due to bugs and some so that there's the excitement of OS2.0 features many times over getting them good press each time.
    fanatical likes this.
    01-30-12 06:33 PM
    I am thinking that Nexflix, Skype etc. wont be included in 2.0. If they are suddenly available, they will be a download from Appworld. I am sure RIM wants to be able to add up as many downloads as possible to show good numbers.
    01-30-12 08:08 PM
    would A2DP allow the PB to connect to more devices via bluetooth (or am i mixing that term up?). i have bluetooth headphones that i cant seem to pair with the PB...hoping 2.0 would fix that.
    01-30-12 09:26 PM
    I went on BlackBerry.com today to look for pb news and discovered something I didn't know...

The pb can play 3D videos

There's a 3D setting for the playbook in my DVD burning app that lets me burn 3D videos for the playbook. I actually tried the 3D setting once but it was taking too long and I stopped it and burned in normal mode.
    01-30-12 09:53 PM
    would A2DP allow the PB to connect to more devices via bluetooth (or am i mixing that term up?). i have bluetooth headphones that i cant seem to pair with the PB...hoping 2.0 would fix that.
    A2DP is used for stereo audio over Bluetooth, such as Bluetooth headphones or the BlackBerry Music Gateway. It's already in the OS 2.0 beta so you can consider that positive confirmation the release version of 2.0 will have it.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    01-30-12 10:45 PM
    East Asia multi language support. Not even in 2.0? Can you believe it?
    01-30-12 10:58 PM
    Gotta agree with Jean-luc. I'm certainly expecting a few surprises in the final release. They need to do something to get some positive media. If they don't, the press will just report that RIM finally released what they should have a year ago. Put a couple new features/apps in there and the media will have something positive to talk about.
    01-30-12 11:06 PM
    the only surprise will be if they release it on time :O LOL
    01-30-12 11:10 PM
    any news on the new OS being able to rename/move browser favorites?? i can care less about email and calendar.. i just use my browser for hotmail...
    if you mean moving them around in how they show up on the browser when they start it that feature is already there in the Beta OS2.0 and as i was typing this i checked to see if there is a renaming option that isnt there sadly
    01-30-12 11:23 PM
    if you mean moving them around in how they show up on the browser when they start it that feature is already there in the Beta OS2.0 and as i was typing this i checked to see if there is a renaming option that isnt there sadly
    Try moving them around, closing the browser then re-open and look at them again...
    01-30-12 11:55 PM
    Try moving them around, closing the browser then re-open and look at them again...
    yep but its beta so im just merely hoping that its well just in beta and in the final version it will stick sorry i should have clarified in my original post
    01-30-12 11:58 PM
    East Asia multi language support. Not even in 2.0? Can you believe it?

I agree, RIM really needs include east Asian languages for the playbook
    01-31-12 11:41 AM
    I agree, RIM really needs include east Asian languages for the playbook

The keyboards are there, not sure why they are not enabled.
    01-31-12 02:09 PM
    I'm sure there are things they've held back for release. USB OTG would be great, but I wouldn't expect it even though it can be done with a rooted PB. I do hope they put some TAT goodness into it. I'm quite sure bookmarking has got to be better in the browser. I think most of what's being held back is probably apps. I'm not getting my hopes too high for Netflix or Skype though.
    01-31-12 02:16 PM
    I'm suprised there are no more leaks regarding the launch date or what is going to arrive on with the os update.
    01-31-12 02:32 PM
    The surprise will be if they release it on time. This time I'm optimistic.
    Well I hate to say,but I have to agree. Although RIM never officially set a date for release...
    01-31-12 06:48 PM
    I'm quite sure bookmarking has got to be better in the browser. I think most of what's being held back is probably apps. I'm not getting my hopes too high for Netflix or Skype though.
    I think you're right about the apps. So right, in fact, that I'd say don't even get your hopes up for the browser. I suspect we'll have basically the browser we see in the 2.0 beta. ( :-( )
    01-31-12 07:34 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD