Seems like a natural. tome.

I'm considering going back to a Pre2 after 2 years with the Bold 9930. Anybody have experience with how this combo works with FreeTether on Verizon?

I originally got the Blackberry 9930 to tether my Playbook. I really liked webOS and the Playbook is a mini-TouchPad on steroids. All indications were that Blackberry would eventually produce a Bold phone with a very webOS like UI like the Playbook. Well, now that my phone is eligible for an upgrade I've started looking at the Q10. The hardware is nice, but many of the thinks I liked about webOS were pulled out of Blackberry 10 -- the cards, multi-tasking gestures, short-cut icons, etc. The good stuff was replaced with "active panes" and a very convoluted hub. I was looking at the YouTube video reviews of the Q10 and ran across one with the Pre2 and webOS 2. All I could think is that is just like my PlayBook. What in the heck happened with BB OS10.

I haven't completely given up on BB10, but I think I will need to wait out at least a couple more releases for the UI to get ironed out.
    gdg521 likes this.
    08-14-13 06:26 PM
    Yep...I use my palm pre,with the freetether here in canada, I love webos, and the playbook works great with the same interface-ish.I may still move to a z10....but with my overclocked pre and blackberry putting the kaboom to bb10 on my playbook....heck I'll wait for the dust to settle.
    plus...I have the grandfathered unlimited data....with makes the pairing to my pre a no brainer right now,even with my 3 1/2 old pre/webos beauty.
    then I may try out the open sourced acl for my touchpad and breath new life into that....to bad blackberry is going the same route as HP in my eyes.
    08-14-13 06:53 PM
    You should be fine with a Verizon Pre 2, if you don't mind being stuck with slower 3G data. A Pre 3 would give you faster HSPA+, but those Vzw Pre 3's are definitely harder to find and more expensive.

I switched from a Pre 3 to a Z10 back in March and miss the cards and additional gestures, but after getting used to LTE data speeds there's no way I would go back to 3G or HSPA+. I'd grab that Q10 if I were you.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:08 PM
    You should be fine with a Verizon Pre 2, if you don't mind being stuck with slower 3G data. A Pre 3 would give you faster HSPA+, but those Vzw Pre 3's are definitely harder to find and more expensive.

I switched from a Pre 3 to a Z10 back in March and miss the cards and additional gestures, but after getting used to LTE data speeds there's no way I would go back to 3G or HSPA+. I'd grab that Q10 if I were you.

Posted via CB10
    At last a couple people that might be able to appreciate my delemma.

Good point. I loved the webOS UI, but not really looking forward to living on the edge. The performance and simultaneous data/voice with the Q10 LTE would be a real plus. I spent a little more time at a Verizon store this evening, and be able to make BB10 work. I just wished that they would have included a quick launch bar like every other device I've used including PalmOS, webOS Playbook OS and iOS. The OS10 "launch bar" is hard coded with the phone and camera apps. those both make sense as defaults, but yiu should be able to change them and have a few others like ever other real Smartphone OS. I always put my email, calendar, web browser and Tapatalk there far instant flip and cick access from anywhere.

The hub really makes me nervous, so spent time going reviewing YouTube video reviews and it seems that the hub experience for email is very similar to the Playbook email app. Is that true?

I sure wish I could try before buying, can't really do that -- and to complicate mattefs it has been a couple of years since I've used the Pre2.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-13 01:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    How does the Playbook browsing speed compare between the Pre3 with WIFI and the Q10 using BT bridge? I remember the WIFI hotspot on the Pixi plus on Verizon being pretty good -- even with a bunch of laptops banging on the phone at the same time.
    08-15-13 11:53 AM