Usually video streaming- i'll be watching a game from various sites, such as ESPN3 (tennis, just now) and the browser will simply abruptly close right back to the bookmarks page. it is happening more often, twice today and three times yesterday while watching baseball on various sites. Also Sunday when streaming an HD video from youtube. Have a very secure, very strong wifi signal on a new Netgear gaming quality high speed router. (3700series). Also, i am staying stationary, not moving around.
    anybody else have this? I cant seem to narrow down any cause.
    thanx.
    05-26-11 12:32 PM
    It's happened to me a few times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 12:44 PM
    It's happened to me a few times.

The browser closed on its own once for me, however when I went to the same site on my laptop, it was found to contain malicious script and firefox shut it down before it loaded. Other than that its been fine.

Max

05-26-11 03:11 PM
    Happens to me too. Luckily it's pretty rare.
    05-26-11 03:12 PM
    It's happened to me a few times. Doesn't seem to be exclusive to video streaming, unless it was an ad on Crackberry that made it unhappy.
    05-26-11 03:14 PM
    A lot of crashes are related to memory usage. Open up youtube HD, your memory will drop to 300MB, then open up another flash site, and a site like crackberry.com, your memory usage will probably drop to 100MB, then it crashes.
    howarmat likes this.
    05-26-11 03:19 PM
    its typical with beta device. try opening an app, say news360. scroll down. it will crash most of the time.sometimes it went white and stall. again, its beta device, beta software. so its normal they way it behave. just wait for another update, maybe it will get fixed.
    05-26-11 05:09 PM
    yep memory related. instead of telling you memory is low like in the reviews it will randomly close open apps
    05-26-11 05:46 PM
    how can you check on low memory on pb? is there any way?
    will we need task killers like in android, being multitask/background? maybe should set the mode to pause instead of showcase?
    remember android eclair (even my froyo need atk), which drains battery mostly due to background task?
    05-26-11 05:49 PM
    android does NOT need a task killer, sorry sport froyo is fine without one.

you can check the available memory on the PB but there is no "warning" anymore so its something you would have to check all the time. maybe a dev could write a program to show the amount free in the notification are.
    05-26-11 06:12 PM
    it crashes occasionally, atleast its better then the xoom on honeycomb 3.0. it crashes on a basic comic website all the time, and ohhh try and load up more then one youtube video within a half hour of each other. your going to have to restart it the whole device. but yeagh it crashes occasionally.
    05-26-11 06:14 PM
    I haven't had this issue, but just curious if you try and clear the cache and cookies if it helps at all: browser Options, Privacy and Security, Clear All. Might be worth a try before going to the site that crashes to see if it still happens.
    05-26-11 06:43 PM
    It really helps to shut down your PB when you aren't using it for a longer period of time. Only takes a min or so to turn back on. Since I've been doing that, I haven't really had any problems with anything closing out automatically. It only really does that if you are low on memory. In the next few builds though, you should see it get better as they patch some things up, such as the memory leaks (which is the culprit here).
    05-26-11 06:54 PM
    really hope RIM fixes these memory issues sooner than later. love the browser but good lord does it it eat up so much memory. just having the browser and bbm open can take me literally to less than 120mb of memory left. Kevin said that mayb they should've included another gig of ram and im starting to believe him
    05-26-11 06:54 PM
    I've only had this happen while a page is loading slowly, so I go and clear the history and all that and it crashs. Which has been my fault but, other then that it has never happened.
    05-26-11 07:17 PM
    Happened to me for the first time multiple times tonight when browsing Celebrity Gossip - The Superficial - Because You're Ugly and going from page to page, not sure if it's the vast amount of flash ads on the site or what.
    05-26-11 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD