when i go to maps.google.com in the browser, there is always a small "loading" box right under the search box and wont go away. i cant type anything or click on any of the buttons on the page. os is the latest official version.
    Last edited by zzbsb; 02-04-12 at 07:13 AM.
    02-04-12 06:44 AM
    Yes, Google Maps doesn't work on the PlayBook, here is a forum regarding the same problem. Look through it there are solutions within it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-sort-690929/
    Although may I ask, why the Bing Maps doesn't work?
    02-04-12 07:01 AM
    Yes, Google Maps doesn't work on the PlayBook, here is a forum regarding the same problem. Look through it there are solutions within it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-sort-690929/
    Although may I ask, why the Bing Maps doesn't work?
    thanks for your reply. sorry that i didnt make it clear enough. i'm having problem with the actual website in the browser, not the google map app. it used to work for me before.

please see the attached picture
    Last edited by zzbsb; 02-04-12 at 07:17 AM.
    02-04-12 07:10 AM
    So google maps actually worked on your pb in the browser? Most of us have run into that Loading Box. On a rare occasion I've gotten past it only to have to reoccur almost immediately. I've also tried two other browsers that allow you to "lie" to the site and tell it you are using Firefox, chrome, IE, etc and those do not work either.

One potential semi-fix. If you create a igoogle (is that its name), and add the map widget, then it will work. There is a 3rd party, free map app that uses google and it does work. No one knows why google maps has problems on the pb.

And, there are the other threads where folks have discussed this issue.
    02-04-12 10:20 AM
    So google maps actually worked on your pb in the browser? Most of us have run into that Loading Box. On a rare occasion I've gotten past it only to have to reoccur almost immediately. I've also tried two other browsers that allow you to "lie" to the site and tell it you are using Firefox, chrome, IE, etc and those do not work either.

One potential semi-fix. If you create a igoogle (is that its name), and add the map widget, then it will work. There is a 3rd party, free map app that uses google and it does work. No one knows why google maps has problems on the pb.

And, there are the other threads where folks have discussed this issue.
    thanks. somehow i had the impression it worked for me before. maybe i am wrong as i dont use this very often so memory is not correct.

hopefully os2 will fix most of the bugs. i still think current official version is very buggy. i still need to reach to my laptop very often to things i cant do on PB.
    02-04-12 12:48 PM
    Actually, I do recall google maps did kind of run but poorly - pan/zoom was incredibly erratic. Then either the pb OS was updated or google changed something and it blocked at that LOADING screen. Probably a google thing.
    02-04-12 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD