But the Z10 and Q10 are good products. Why deny a good product that meet specific users needs? Does it not help competition and elevate other competitors to innovate?

Posted via CB10
    Like any personal relationship, there is a level of trust between a company and it's clients. Even among the animal kingdoms, a touch a nuzzle are forms of important communication. To touch base among themselves. With regards to playbook Thor and his management did a lousy job with communication, hence very little trust. Q10 and Z10 just like playbook two years ago, great devices with great potential. I still regard playbook a great device but with potential that is not realize. How can I be sure the company will not repeat the same behaviour with my Z10. How can I who recommended several people on playbook a year ago have the audacity to do the same on BB10 devices again? Do I have to make up excuses again why there's no further development on the devices I recommended?
    07-30-13 11:59 AM
    The question remains; has blackberry said anymore about the loyalty reward? Is the hard thinking over? This is what Kevin stated the CEO said. This is a very fair,legitimate question. Lets end the argument and ask Thor to deliver the eulogy; "no updates, no loyalty rewards, no more apologies- PlayBook is dead- rest in peace". But let's end the misleading statements, false promises and off the cuff remarks that give consumers some hope for a little more of what was promised.

Posted via CB10
    Not going to happen....Never...أبدا...mai..aldrig...Jamais...מע ולם לא....Aldri...Никогда...ไม่เคย...he�...从来没有...Nooi t...어머 놀랐다
    Where stock is involved...there will always be misleading statements, obfuscation, misdirection, false promises.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-30-13 01:46 PM
    Gosh, can't wait...lol
    He's gonna give you the opportunity to buy the new BB10 Tablet when it comes out
    07-30-13 02:34 PM
    I agree with you if the shareholders are only interested in a short term gain. In the long run, BlackBerry can lose millions of current and future customers because of the playbook.

Posted from my ??????
    I'm sure he could have sold the shareholders on the concept of Goodwill earned versus squandered. He blew it away and earning it back can take a long time, if ever.
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    07-30-13 02:58 PM
    Well I heard that the next 5000 people to buy a Z10 or a Q10 would get a free Astro when they started shipping if they had previously bought a playbook.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-30-13 03:11 PM
    I'm sure he could have sold the shareholders on the concept of Goodwill earned versus squandered. He blew it away and earning it back can take a long time, if ever.
    I agree with the concept but that would have taken some doing I think. I sat on numerous investor calls where they wanted the PlayBook skewered by Christmas 2011. Many of us are PlayBook fans but don't know how many big investors were

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 03:13 PM
    It would be nice if PB received support for updates to Adobe Flash, Java, Android Runtime, and Adobe Air. Also for security patches for this:
    KB34173-BSRT-2013-005 Vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player version included with the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet software

Alas, we have been abandoned. I advise everyone to pick up a new tablet such as:
    Google Nexus 7 (2013) review | Android Central

Enough about BB incompetence, spend your money else where.
    WeAreNotAlone and Tazos like this.
    07-30-13 03:48 PM
    When it was announced that there would be no update to bb10 for the PlayBook, the CEO I indicated they were doing some hard thinking about some sort of incentives for loyal PlayBook users. Any word on this? Incentive for A10? Or more of the same- lip service and no more?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah he and Alica are playing golf. They will in time tell you their scores, well maybe. How enchanting.
    FF22 and Robert Roger like this.
    07-30-13 03:58 PM
    I'm done giving rim money.
    07-30-13 04:04 PM
    Easier said than done and I'm not so sure shareholders really care about putting in more money towards a product that can't improve much more than it already can do. It can't make any more money and those Playbook owners either is satisfied or not and they might have (or plan to get) a BB10 smartphone or not. Too many variables to deal with and not a significant number to make much difference. So they cut their losses and move on rather than putting resources in a black hole.

Posted via CB10
    To expand on what you've said:

Yeh, with BlackBerry having a 2.9<3.1 BILLION DOLLAR WARCHEST they can pull funds from and NO DEBIT poor old BlackBerry can't afford to honor statements made by the CEO and the VP production manager and others that the PlayBook would be updated to BB10 OS, nor update the current OS.

(Yea, right)

PS: You mention the PlayBook not making them any more money:

Your right besides besides all those NEW app purchases that would have been done of BB10 OS apps. Bluetooth Keyboards, Leather cases, Charging stations, car chargers, battery replacements, cracked screen repairs, etc.

Not to mention sales of the new super duper BB10 OS phones to pair with all those old RIM (Research In Motion) PlayBooks that didn't sell due to the geniuses up in Waterloo not having a clue what CONSUMERS want out of a device.

Yep, they wouldn't have made any money at all from all those old PlayBook owners who have been severely starved over the past 2 yrs for OS and app updates that would be like a kid with a brand new shinny toy showing the PlayBook off to all their friends and talking BlackBerry up as a company that stays true to their word and finally "delivered" on the promises of the past 2 yrs.

Instead BlackBerry leads people on for the last year+ that all PlayBooks would be getting a OS update, then kicks the PlayBook to the curb..

Much better to kill off the tablet and force people onto your competitors devices.
    Brilliant long term marketing plan there BlackBerry.

It's much better for all those old dusty PlayBooks to be sitting in a drawer or relegated to be used as a $699 "Alarm Clock" or as a children's "PlayToy" as some have stated they are doing here, or have them going to the landfill leaching chemicals into the water we drink ASAP than to have those PlayBooks being used in Public.

Guess there must be LEAD in the water up in Waterloo making them stupid.
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 08-06-13 at 09:44 AM.
    FF22, anon(4044683) and cmdr_dan like this.
    07-30-13 04:22 PM
    Thor Heins is CEO. The buck should stop with him, so he should be responsible enough to explain to PlayBook customers why they won't get BB10 or any future updates! If he wants to sit in that seat, he should act like he belongs there.

A tiny blurb during an investor conference call doesn't cut it. Quietly removing all PB-related info in developer conferences doesn't cut it. Continued silence means customers aren't sure what's going on in the company. Could the same fate that befell the PB also fall on the Z10 a year from now?
    07-30-13 09:01 PM
    Thor Heins is CEO. The buck should stop with him, so he should be responsible enough to explain to PlayBook customers why they won't get BB10 or any future updates! If he wants to sit in that seat, he should act like he belongs there.

A tiny blurb during an investor conference call doesn't cut it. Quietly removing all PB-related info in developer conferences doesn't cut it. Continued silence means customers aren't sure what's going on in the company. Could the same fate that befell the PB also fall on the Z10 a year from now?
    Unfortunately, thats the natural thought process Thor has lead us into thinking. Not very reassuring is it?
    Tazos and Robert Roger like this.
    07-30-13 09:35 PM
    MobileZen, I couldn't agree more with everything you've wrote. I use my Playbook every day. I have purchased 3 and still am not as worked up about this as most. I was actually a bit relieved to hear it wasn't coming. Everyday I would check for an upgrade. The anticipation was killing me!
    I just don't understand why people think that if they whine about it enough Thor will read it in the forums and say "oh man, this guy is really upset, alright let's release 10.2 for the Playbook."
    Everyone knows we're not thrilled about it. I think the expression let's not beat a dead horse has some merit here. Or in this case a dead Playbook! Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:49 PM
    Wow I really like how the fans are trying to attack here personally. Using words on me like "Sad, upset, unhappy, troll, stupid, etc" even advising on personal life, which I don't care.
    Nobody's attacking you, well maybe a few, but really most of this is people trying to give you good advice. I can see you 50 years from now sitting in a rocker on your front porch still fuming about this.

May be you guys are upset when someone says the truth about PlayBook? If thats the case please do not visit PlayBook threads, cause you will see a lot of users upset.
    This is your truth, not ours and I'm not upset. I just can't believe you're still this upset.

ACCEPT THE MISTAKE!
    This all I'm trying to get you to do, ACCEPT THE MISTAKE!

Also, you talk about your love for BlackBerry and how you want them to succeed. Please realize that this was a necessary decision for there survival. They are laying off people left, right and center. Don't you think maybe they are in survival mode right now? If they continued to waste resources and money on something that just wasn't going to work and also continued to lay people off, don't you think that would be foolish? A little part of you must be able to see the bigger picture by now, can't you? There is much more to this then them just deciding not to release an update. On so many levels it just didn't make sense for them to continue with that project. You must be able to see that. You seem like an intelligent guy, but sometimes intelligence is comprimised when emotions get thrown in there. Just think about it for a minute without your anger and it will become clearer to you.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:24 PM
    It would be nice if PB received support for updates to Adobe Flash, Java, Android Runtime, and Adobe Air. Also for security patches for this:
    KB34173-BSRT-2013-005 Vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player version included with the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet software

Alas, we have been abandoned. I advise everyone to pick up a new tablet such as:
    Google Nexus 7 (2013) review | Android Central

Enough about BB incompetence, spend your money else where.
    "Customers using BlackBerry� Q10 smartphones, BlackBerry Z10 users running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.0.10.648 or later and BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users running version 2.1.0.1526 or later are not affected."

How are you not already running the patched OS?
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-30-13 10:54 PM
    Looks like BBRY will only fix critical security holes because of their obligations to government and corporate buyers who were dumb enough to buy PlayBooks

What about Facebook issues? The stupid 30-day email limit? No third party VPN support? Android runtime crashing often and needing a painful reboot? No USB OTG even though the code is already there? No Bluetooth transfers? I suppose some of these issues were supposed to be fixed with the big BB10 update which never came. So when will they be fixed?
    Ragwan, WeAreNotAlone, imz and 2 others like this.
    07-30-13 11:15 PM
    Thor "punked" us - I'm sure it was a Rick Roll from the beginning....
    ...He had to do something to help move all the remaining stock.
    ...Price drop plus some flim-flam does wonders to move product.

He did his job well.
    07-30-13 11:47 PM
    I'm still angry...

Selling my PB for �50 while it's still alive but slowly dying.

Cheers Thor.

C*nt
    07-31-13 04:28 AM
    MobileZen, I couldn't agree more with everything you've wrote. I use my Playbook every day. I have purchased 3 and still am not as worked up about this as most. I was actually a bit relieved to hear it wasn't coming. Everyday I would check for an upgrade. The anticipation was killing me!
    I just don't understand why people think that if they whine about it enough Thor will read it in the forums and say "oh man, this guy is really upset, alright let's release 10.2 for the Playbook."
    Everyone knows we're not thrilled about it. I think the expression let's not beat a dead horse has some merit here. Or in this case a dead Playbook! Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist.

Posted via CB10
    I think people are struggling because they feel left hanging. I don't think most sensible "complainers" aren't thinking they'll change Thor's mind but would like a deeper reasoning then what's been given. So bb10 won't run well on present pb hardware. Does that mean they couldn't being over something to the pb? The pb felt incomplete when it was released to the public and now even killing it off feels like a beta test.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 06:39 AM
    So what's your point? I spent 15,000.00 on my Dodge Neon the first day it was released too! That doesn't mean that I expect Dodge to give me a 15,000.00 credit because they didn't issue a recall on the head gasket! You receive two years of use out of a product that REALISTICALLY has a life expectancy of 2-3 years. I do not think BlackBerry owes us (yes I bought a playbook on launch day as well) anything.
    Yes but u didnt buy ur dodge without wheels and doors with the promise they'd be added later on... mind=blown
    07-31-13 06:54 AM
    If he sees someone with a Playbook, he will say "hello there loyal but disenchanted playbook owner".
    Carterbits, FF22, RJB55 and 1 others like this.
    07-31-13 07:54 AM
    If he sees someone with a Playbook, he will say "hello there loyal but disenchanted playbook owner".
    Nah - he will wheel out a $200,000.00 bentley and say if you had one of these, you could be enjoying the benefits of BB10 too

n.b : but it won't work on a car with less than 8 cylinders
    07-31-13 07:58 AM
    Yes but u didnt buy ur dodge without wheels and doors with the promise they'd be added later on... mind=blown
    I agree. You should have bought a playbook for what it was, not for the future freebies.
    07-31-13 08:14 AM
    I agree. You should have bought a playbook for what it was, not for the future freebies.
    So you would never take factors such as future resell value into account when making purchases no?

A used PlayBook with the BlackBerry 10; the current, supported and developing OS, would have a much larger resell value than a used PlayBook with PBOS; an old, unsupported and dead OS.

The promise of BlackBerry 10 along with discounting of the PlayBooks was made to incentivise people to purchase. It wasn't a hope or even an educated guess to get BB10, it was a commitment by the CEO.
    07-31-13 08:47 AM
    So you would never take factors such as future resell value into account when making purchases no?

A used PlayBook with the BlackBerry 10; the current, supported and developing OS, would have a much larger resell value than a used PlayBook with PBOS; an old, unsupported and dead OS.

The promise of BlackBerry 10 along with discounting of the PlayBooks was made to incentivise people to purchase. It wasn't a hope or even an educated guess to get BB10, it was a commitment by the CEO.
    re-sale value is not something anyone should take into account when buying something as a CONSUMER - you buy it to use it, not sell it on.

However, I have to agree that the promise/commitment was given at the start of the year by the CEO to provide 'ALL playbooks' with BB10 and I suspect that quite a few of the later sales were influenced by this.

I'd also like to throw in that I suspect a fair few PB owners held off getting a z10/q10/q5 until they knew the bridge functionality would be available between the new handsets and their PB's - so that may equate to further lost sales of BB10 devices.
    07-31-13 09:55 AM
201 ... 34567 ...