He's going to give you a million dollars but you have to go to Waterloo right now and get in line.
    07-30-13 08:20 AM
    In a world of free market, consumers have the right to complain. Those who can't do anything about it but hate the complain should really move on since there's nothing at stake for you. The others can complain until the cows come home or until BB do something about it. It might be loud and repetitive in this forum, but it might not be loud and going on long enough for the company to realize the decisions they made had cause severe damage to the company reputation. This is not politic where you leave it long enough, it will go away or people will forget about it. Most of us know this is a business transaction at the end of the day. This particular business transaction however is not complete since it's purchase base on the continuing improvement expected by the consumers. I have to stress here not the BB10 upgrade, rather some basic OS improvement. Can a company change it's mind along the way? Sure! Most of us would expect a better communication skills from a company like BB. Like when it slashes the price the first time, a statement from the company that the tablet no longer fit into the road map of the company, therefore it's clearing out the inventory. The management had the opportunity to release the same statement the second time when the fire sales was on. The company was focusing on launching the BB 10 devices and attempt a come back. Nothing wrong with that. Thor was appearing on all media to trump the best phones ever ready for the launch. So why did he mention there's an OS update. Better yet why mention one big BB10 upgrade for the playbook? Between the months til Q1 results, there were many opportunity to make several announcement . Need I remind you this was a reputable billion dollar company who was ahead of Apple and Android at one time. What was the intention of keeping silence? The company is very active in social media like tweeter and facebook. Saying it lack the PR skill will not cut it. It's almost someone got caught red handed and could not come up with a coherent answer. Did the company lied about BB10 not workable on playbook? Did the company lay off the original developers that they can't improve on the original OS? Will the improvement of playbook with BB10 going to kill the Aristo launch? Is that why Thor announce the death of tablet in five years? Is playbook too close to being phablet itself it might overshadow Aristo? Thor and the management has the answer that they can't tell us. But the more they keep quiet and the more they do not come up with a solution to assuage the vocal playbook owners, the more dire the consequences. Improving on the OS cost very little in the grand scheme of things. Not to mention to salvage the reputation of the company on the consumers front is tantamount to investors interest and the company standing in Wall Street.
    07-30-13 08:45 AM
    Wow I really like how the fans are trying to attack here personally. Using words on me like "Sad, upset, unhappy, troll, stupid, etc" even advising on personal life, which I don't care. May be you guys are upset when someone says the truth about PlayBook? If thats the case please do not visit PlayBook threads, cause you will see a lot of users upset. It may not be from me but from a lot of other users. Yes I have been loud but what ever I have said is true about BlackBerry. I have never created a NEGATIVE THREAD about BlackBerry or about the PLAYBOOK. I have passed my opinion, and mind you CB is a place to discuss about BlackBerry. Am I right? BTW, care to read my posts before PlayBook issues? I have been in CB for a quite long time. I never hate BlackBerry. I wish them good luck but Yes I am not happy with how they have handled the PlayBook issue. Have you guys read the article on Engadget yesterday called "PlayedOut"? It was a disaster PR for BlackBerry. Please visit just to get some idea on how the outside world is receiving BlackBerry. We are some of the users who care BlackBerry, we may be upset but We want BlackBerry to succeed. Go ahead call me a troll or BAN me. I have no problem! This kind of attitude is not going to help either CB or BBRY. ADDRESS THE ISSUE! ACCEPT THE MISTAKE!
    Last edited by arvind1983; 07-30-13 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typos
    07-30-13 08:58 AM
    Well said. You nailed it.

In a world of free market, consumers have the right to complain. Those who can't do anything about it but hate the complain should really move on since there's nothing at stake for you. The others can complain until the cows come home or until BB do something about it. It might be loud and repetitive in this forum, but it might not be loud and going on long enough for the company to realize the decisions they made had cause severe damage to the company reputation. This is not politic where you leave it long enough, it will go away or people will forget about it. Most of us know this is a business transaction at the end of the day. This particular business transaction however is not complete since it's purchase base on the continuing improvement expected by the consumers. I have to stress here not the BB10 upgrade, rather some basic OS improvement. Can a company change it's mind along the way? Sure! Most of us would expect a better communication skills from a company like BB. Like when it slashes the price the first time, a statement from the company that the tablet no longer fit into the road map of the company, therefore it's clearing out the inventory. The management had the opportunity to release the same statement the second time when the fire sales was on. The company was focusing on launching the BB 10 devices and attempt a come back. Nothing wrong with that. Thor was appearing on all media to trump the best phones ever ready for the launch. So why did he mention there's an OS update. Better yet why mention one big BB10 upgrade for the playbook? Between the months til Q1 results, there were many opportunity to make several announcement . Need I remind you this was a reputable billion dollar company who was ahead of Apple and Android at one time. What was the intention of keeping silence? The company is very active in social media like tweeter and facebook. Saying it lack the PR skill will not cut it. It's almost someone got caught red handed and could not come up with a coherent answer. Did the company lied about BB10 not workable on playbook? Did the company lay off the original developers that they can't improve on the original OS? Will the improvement of playbook with BB10 going to kill the Aristo launch? Is that why Thor announce the death of tablet in five years? Is playbook too close to being phablet itself it might overshadow Aristo? Thor and the management has the answer that they can't tell us. But the more they keep quiet and the more they do not come up with a solution to assuage the vocal playbook owners, the more dire the consequences. Improving on the OS cost very little in the grand scheme of things. Not to mention to salvage the reputation of the company on the consumers front is tantamount to investors interest and the company standing in Wall Street.
    07-30-13 09:18 AM
    The question remains; has blackberry said anymore about the loyalty reward? Is the hard thinking over? This is what Kevin stated the CEO said. This is a very fair,legitimate question. Lets end the argument and ask Thor to deliver the eulogy; "no updates, no loyalty rewards, no more apologies- PlayBook is dead- rest in peace". But let's end the misleading statements, false promises and off the cuff remarks that give consumers some hope for a little more of what was promised.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:22 AM
    What loyalty reward could they offer though ?

I don't want to buy into the BB10 phones cos they don't work with my Playbook and no matter what anyone says here a 4" screen cannot compete against a 7" screen.

So what does that leave - there will be no new Playbook, no point in giving credits against stuff in the PB store cos that's just about dead now and here in the UK we can't use the video store ???

Other than cash - there's nothing else they can offer.
    07-30-13 09:31 AM
    All of this frustration you are bringing on to yourself and I can see this when you day in and day out repeat the same in a lot of threads - "BlackBerry are liars; I will never recommend BlackBerry products to anyone, etc.". Sure you may have not created NEGATIVE threads but you have created plenty of NEGATIVE posts. Never hate BlackBerry? Sure doesn't show in a lot of your posts. If I remember correctly, Alec Saunders came to engage CrackBerry members in a thread and you were one of the first to blast him with a pure snarky remark. Good job turning him off (there were others too) from coming back trying to engage us and take in a rational and constructive conversation.

Look I have bought a total of 6 Playbooks and I don't even come close to your disappoint of your single Playbook purchase. Sure Basillie was stupid to declare a fixed date for the email client (shows the miscommunication or understanding of his own company but he's gone now) but it didn't matter to me because I could use BlackBerry Bridge to my phone.

You know what's not helping this BlackBerry fan site? Your constant repetitive posts that make this place a unpleasant place to be. Playbook isn't going to get much more than it already is. You already own an iPad now right? Yet you spend so much time here and not moving on still talking about a tablet you have replaced. Really?

Don't worry I know what you are going to say next, ..you don't care.

Wow I really like how the fans are trying to attack here personally. Using words on me like "Sad, upset, unhappy, troll, stupid, etc" even advising on personal life, which I don't care. May be you guys are upset when someone says the truth about PlayBook? If thats the case please do not visit PlayBook threads, cause you will see a lot of users upset. It may not be from me but from a lot of other users. Yes I have been loud but what ever I have said is true about BlackBerry. I have never created a NEGATIVE THREAD about BlackBerry or about the PLAYBOOK. I have passed my opinion, and mind you CB is a place to discuss about BlackBerry. Am I right? BTW, care to read my posts before PlayBook issues? I have been in CB for a quite long time. I never hate BlackBerry. I wish them good luck but Yes I am not happy with how they have handled the PlayBook issue. Have you guys read the article on Engadget yesterday called "PlayedOut"? It was a disaster PR for BlackBerry. Please visit just to get some idea on how the outside world is receiving BlackBerry. We are some of the users who care BlackBerry, we may be upset but We want BlackBerry to succeed. Go ahead call me a troll or BAN me. I have no problem! This kind of attitude is not going to help either CB or BBRY. ADDRESS THE ISSUE! ACCEPT IT THE MISTAKE!

Posted via CB10
    bgregory902 likes this.
    07-30-13 09:32 AM
    Better yet why mention one big BB10 upgrade for the playbook?
    This is what annoys me the most, people are siding with Thorsten as if he did us a favour by not allowing BB10 on the Playbook due to poor performance.

The way I see it, Thorsten halted ALL PB development, major updates etc etc (we got tiny flash related updates) in favour of BB10 without first fully understanding the technical capabilities that would allow the OS to transition on to the tablet.

People say the tablet is a 2 year old device this n that, why should BB support it etc, so let me get this right, BB delayed BB10, which in turn helped age the poor old playbook, and now its too old to support? I see what they did there.

If BB10 was on time, we'd be having this debate last year, and the Playbook would only be approx a year old.
    07-30-13 09:34 AM
    Don't disagree with your points as they can be plausible. They bungled their launch for getting into the tablet market
    but The Playbook did pave the way to creating BB10 and the new generation of products.

I'm still a happy user of the Playbook because I bought it for what it does now.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:44 AM
    When it was announced that there would be no update to bb10 for the PlayBook, the CEO I indicated they were doing some hard thinking about some sort of incentives for loyal PlayBook users. Any word on this? Incentive for A10? Or more of the same- lip service and no more?
    No way would an incentive on BB hardware be worth anything to me. I have a Z10 that I love, but I'm not giving BB another dime, whether or not they give me a penny back.

Thanks to Oragami browser, the only thing I'm still smarting about with the PlayBook is Bridge.

I was a Torch 9810 user, and the BBOS + Bridge + PlayBook feature WAS a key selling point during the initial marketing for the PlayBook... its value has been refuted by the likes of BGR, but I thought it is BRILLIANT, because I don't WANT my data on three devices. That means the PlayBook is not a good stand-alone device but it IS an excellent BBOS handheld companion.

I bought my Z10 on launch day. If anyone had the sense to ask BB if the Bridge experience with PlayBook would be "the same" as it was with BBOS, they would have had to answer "no"... and I might not have upgraded... unless they also said "but we're working on it and it is coming."

When BB10 was said to be coming to the PlayBook I thought that would be when they would release the BB10 handheld update to reinstate BB10 bridge functionality... but at the time it didn't occur to me (as it has now) that there isn't anything much to do on the PlayBook side: it's the BB10 handheld that has to be worked on to reinstate Bridge... so... that's when I started getting frustrated, because by upgrading my handheld to BB10 I DOWNGRADED my PlayBook WITHOUT DOING A THING TO MY PLAYBOOK.

There were what seem to be some Bridge module file updates in one of the recent BB10 leaks... since it would be so easy, effortless, not even requiring a press release for Thor to say "Yes, we're working on exposing the BB10 data via Bridge so PlayBook owners can access their data on their handhelds again, and it will be even better than before."

There can not be any technical obstacle to fixing Bridge for BB10 so that the PlayBook regains some of it's utility.

Words can't describe my disappointment with BlackBerry with regard to this issue... all my loyalty for years rewarded with less than the acknowledgement of spitting in my eye... just turning their backs and walking away as if we don't exist.

If your best friend did that to you, would you forgive? Would you forget? What would they have to do to make amends? After too long a silence, it has to be significant. BB10 on PlayBook won't happen, but BB's apparent refusal to spend a couple developer weeks to bring Bridge back to fighting form is a betrayal, and no, I don't think that's too strong a word... and even then, the trust never comes back... you know that, if the response isn't immediate, it's a self-serving response: they'll be simply trying to do damage control, not run their business in a reputable upstanding way.

You ask yourself: "if they do this to us, were they ever our true friend, or just using us?"... and the logical follow up question: "Why wouldn't they do this to me again? I invest time and energy into the relationship and trust them to not betray me."

You can sit here all day and say what Thor DIDN'T promise and how we've allowed ourselves to jump to conclusions... but that negates ANY defense of what he DID say and didn't follow up on... so if you want to give Thor the benefit of the doubt on "BB10 on PlayBook" not being a lie, you have to hold him accountable for what he's NOT saying as well, because I'll tell you what: I don't want to have a business relationship with someone that's double-talking or allowing us to 'assume' they give a darn about us, only to hear "but I never actually SAID that..." in their defense... because it's rotten unacceptable behaviour and we all know it, and we don't need someone to TELL us it's rotten... it just IS.

I guess at the point which it becomes unforgivable, what do they do? If they are decent businesspeople, they do it anyway, because it's the right thing to do.

Edit: I hold Thor directly responsible for the decision to cut BBs losses, of which my loyalty was a casualty. I so strongly believe Thor's decisions will compromise BBs success I expect further ill-advised decisions that will undermine BBs fortunes. I sold my shares in BlackBerry at a loss DIRECTLY DUE to THOR'S decisions. The BB10 strategy is not Thor's... and it can be debated how effectively he's executing... sure, stay the course on BB10, but the execution isn't living up to anyones expectations. The PlayBook issue is just one example of what in hindsight could just be called bad decisions, no matter how "tough" he says they are to make.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 07-30-13 at 09:58 PM.
    07-30-13 09:47 AM
    Man it is sad. I got two other people to by the Playbook based on future of BB10 and how fluid the playbook was to use - minus the crappy / slow browser. But my playbook is basically just an alarm clock now.

I still have bbry stock! What the hell am I doing holding on to it. I am not interested in the A10 because BBRY did not up the specs, and put some compelling hardware like a decent camera!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell are they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is getting depressing.

I guess I am going down with the ship, it makes it interesting because I have skin in the game. I am a glutton for punishment I guess.

I wish Thorsten Heins would go away and get someone dynamic in there that can turn this titanic around before it is too late, if it is not already.
    I've been there with the stock, but I averaged down the last time it hit six and then sold when it hit $14.50, so I made a good pile. If I were you, and looking at a loss of anything = to, or > $4-5 per share....I would hold out for a buyer of Blackberry. Unless you need a capital loss for taxes. They have too many assets that other businesses would love to get their hands on. I don't see BB going to $0. They will get scooped up by someone
    07-30-13 10:03 AM
    Sure you may have not created NEGATIVE threads but you have created plenty of NEGATIVE posts. Never hate BlackBerry? Sure doesn't show in a lot of your posts. If I remember correctly, Alec Saunders came to engage CrackBerry members in a thread and you were one of the first to blast him with a pure snarky remark. Good job turning him off (there were others too) from coming back trying to engage us and take in a rational and constructive conversation.

Don't worry I know what you are going to say next, ..you don't care.

Posted via CB10
    I never passed snarky remarks on Alec. If I meet him I will surely let him know the disappointment toward BBRY regarding PB.

So do you want people to talk only about the good stuffs in CB? Are you trying to say BBRY is perfect and we have nothing bad to point at them? Perhaps CB should have auto filter let users only to post about the good stuffs, cause this will help to satisfy some fans.
    07-30-13 10:17 AM
    When it was announced that there would be no update to bb10 for the PlayBook, the CEO I indicated they were doing some hard thinking about some sort of incentives for loyal PlayBook users.
    Do you have a link to this?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:20 AM
    No link but it was on the c rack berry home page. It was under Kevin's post when he met with Heins. In the post Heins stated it was his hardest decision... .

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-30-13 10:28 AM
    I'm in the free market to make a rebuttal. I have no issues with the Playbook for what it can do now. What happened on this product is basically cutting their losses. Why? Maybe because resources were better allocated to something else.

Is it plausible that in the large organization in BlackBerry have symptoms of silos? Complete miscommunication with layers of middle management? I'm guessing Basillie either was told somewhere down the chain that the email client on the Playbook could be delivered in the infamous 60 days yet the reality was no or out of sheer arrogance he thought hour could will it to happen. Probably the same siloed problem with delivering BB10 (in full or half-baked) on the Playbook.

They got caught and I hope whoever said that to Thor gets fired. I like Thor, he was grown from within and he has a good demeanor. He's a smart man that can leverage his vertical market experience with Siemans. He said the transformation plan for the company will take a 2 years. I hope he weeds out the deadweight from the company and anything that has Basillie's fingerprints on it. Change the culture of the company to one that is like a fresh start up with creative, positive, and energetic employees and leaders.

Playbook is what it is and I can live with that. Did I feel lied to? Not really. I'm using a Z10 now and I find myself using the Playbook less nowadays because of BB10. Maybe I'll even get an Aristo phone to accompany the Z10 (and might not be a bad idea that BlackBerry gives a $50 discount for Playbook owners to purchase it).

Posted via CB10
    bgregory902 likes this.
    07-30-13 10:44 AM
    No link but it was on the c rack berry home page. It was under Kevin's post when he met with Heins. In the post Heins stated it was his hardest decision... .

Posted via CB10
    Aha: Here BlackBerry CEO on BB10 for PlayBook: "It was one of the toughest decisions I had to make" | CrackBerry.com
    07-30-13 10:49 AM

I don't want to buy into the BB10 phones cos they don't work with my Playbook and no matter what anyone says here a 4" screen cannot compete against a 7" screen.

So what does that leave - there will be no new Playbook, no point in giving credits against stuff in the PB store cos that's just about dead now and here in the UK we can't use the video store ???

It's not relevant what BB offer, though as users we expect more. At least a final conclusion as to the company indecisiveness. The company can move on and current users will be able to help those we know to stay clear off the company's products in the future.
    07-30-13 10:54 AM
    You sure about that? You are the same guy who pretty much said you have not said anything "negative" about BlackBerry yet your posts say otherwise.

Nobody is saying that BlackBerry is perfect and nobody said that only good things can be said but your approach to it is taking the tone of conversations toward a certain path. I don't think it's quite constructive and you aren't providing much besides whining and complaining about the same thing that isn't going to change. If I wanted to see complaints and vitriol like this, I would expect to see it on NON BlackBerry fan sites like BGR, Engadget, The Verge, MobileSyrup, etc. I've seen and know about the bad stuff but nothing is going to be done, so be it.

To note, I've been having issues with my Z10 the past couple months due to a carrier released update while dealing with carrier tech support with no solution whatsoever. I came to use the forums to get help and I did because someone noted this issue and as a collective we have found a work around to make it work.

Sorry but I can't help you out with the Playbook but you need to do something to progress forward because your efforts here so far has gone nowhere.

I never passed snarky remarks on Alec. If I meet him I will surely let him know the disappointment toward BBRY regarding PB.

So do you want people to talk only about the good stuffs in CB? Are you trying to say BBRY is perfect and we have nothing bad to point at them? Perhaps CB should have auto filter let users only to post about the good stuffs, cause this will help to satisfy some fans.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:14 AM

They can pool $4 per playbook customer to give them 10 million to hire 200 developers for six months to develop OS 3.0 and call it a day.
    Come on BlackBerry, $4 is a very cheap goodwill gesture. Call it a marketing expense.

Posted from my ??????
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-30-13 11:17 AM
    But the Z10 and Q10 are good products. Why deny a good product that meet specific users needs? Does it not help competition and elevate other competitors to innovate?

It's not relevant what BB offer, though as users we expect more. At least a final conclusion as to the company indecisiveness. The company can move on and current users will be able to help those we know to stay clear off the company's products in the future.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:17 AM
    They can pool $4 per playbook customer to give them 10 million to hire 200 developers for six months to develop OS 3.0 and call it a day.
    Come on BlackBerry, $4 is a very cheap goodwill gesture. Call it a marketing expense.

Posted from my ??????
    Easier said than done and I'm not so sure shareholders really care about putting in more money towards a product that can't improve much more than it already can do. It can't make any more money and those Playbook owners either is satisfied or not and they might have (or plan to get) a BB10 smartphone or not. Too many variables to deal with and not a significant number to make much difference. So they cut their losses and move on rather than putting resources in a black hole.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:24 AM
    This is what annoys me the most, people are siding with Thorsten as if he did us a favour by not allowing BB10 on the Playbook due to poor performance.
    Not everyone considers it a good thing. To me, he broke a promise. And I'm not of the belief that he couldn't have got decent performance out of it. I'm of the belief that it was just going to be too expensive to do so and a successor product wasn't there to shoulder some of the costs.

She's dead Jim.

The way I see it, Thorsten halted ALL PB development, major updates etc etc (we got tiny flash related updates) in favour of BB10 without first fully understanding the technical capabilities that would allow the OS to transition on to the tablet.
    That's my view, though I read a post recently from someone 'inside' that shed some light. They could have done a 1GB BlackBerry 10 release and released all devices with 1 GB, but it would have delayed the launch and probably had serious ramifications. If you think about it ... does it make any sense that a Curve replacement has among the highest RAM in the industry? Especially when coming from a company that doesn't chase specs?

Thorsten is CEO. I put the real gripe on his technical leads.
    07-30-13 11:28 AM
    ding, ding, ding!!! winner!!!
    07-30-13 11:33 AM
    Easier said than done and I'm not so sure shareholders really care about putting in more money towards a product that can't improve much more than it already can do. It can't make any more money and those Playbook owners either is satisfied or not and they might have (or plan to get) a BB10 smartphone or not. Too many variables to deal with and not a significant number to make much difference. So they cut their losses and move on rather than putting resources in a black hole.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you if the shareholders are only interested in a short term gain. In the long run, BlackBerry can lose millions of current and future customers because of the playbook.

Posted from my ??????
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    07-30-13 11:37 AM
    You sure about that? You are the same guy who pretty much said you have not said anything "negative" about BlackBerry yet your posts say otherwise.
    I said I have not created a negative thread about PlayBook. I have shared my opinion on PB threads, of course most of them are negative since there is nothing positive to talk about it after BBRY killed the PB.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-30-13 11:40 AM
201 ... 23456 ...