We are not crying! We are frustrated with BlackBerry and warning others not to trust BlackBerry anymore. Imagine Some of us loyal users could be potential A10 buyers but now BB lost us as customers! A few will spread words about the bad experience with BB to their friends, families or even in Blogs or other tech forums, it could spread like forest fire for already damaged BlackBerry!
    You may not be crying, but a lot of people are. Maybe you're one of the pleading or threatening guys. It all depends really what stage you're at in the acceptance of it all. I'm cool with it and it feels good to let it go. Of course I understand why he did what he did and I honestly would have decided the same and I'm willing to bet that in his situation you would have to.I love BlackBerry, but really they are about as screwed as it gets without being dead in the water. They are in "Emergency Stay Alive Mode" and they need to loose dead weight they can't be wasting time with something that's not going anywhere. Hopefully BlackBerry doesn't loose you as a customer, but if they do I'll understand.

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    07-29-13 10:06 PM
    Thor will be giving all the PlayBook faithful a free T-shirt which says "BlackBerry ... moving backwards"
    07-29-13 10:09 PM
    Yes, exactly! Unless of course you want to form a protest group and we can all burn our Playbooks in front of BBRY head quarters!!! I'm down with that! Except I need my Playbook for work so maybe I'll burn just the box it came in...

If you believe in them you should try to see where Thor is coming from and not expect him to soar in like Superman and save the world in one swoop. There are a lot of tough decisions to be made in the world of business and some of them aren't the most popular. Even though it's for the greater good of the company at the present time. You're probably not going to understand fully the reasoning behind these decisions, because you're not in his shoes, you're in yours, and all your shoes want is BB10 on your Playbook. Who cares if contributes to taking the company down. Right? It kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and I oh so wanted that pellet gun and my mom wouldn't let because it wasn't a "good idea". She told me it wasn't for the greater good of society and she was right.

So then why don't you figure out a way to do it. These are the options; believe what the man says or prove him wrong. Simple!

You really think he decided just to **** off all of the loyal BlackBerry users who bought the Playbook? He just hired a team of people to work on it for all this time, invested all the time and effort into it and then said "the hell with those guys!" All because of the apps they've already purchased? First off, no and secondly, BB10 is BB10. BBW is BBW. If the Playbook could run BB10 and BBW why would you need a mechanism to transfer purchases. I have already download paid apps and games that I have on my Playbook to my Z10. Mr Ketchup, as he is apparently being called now, asked himself the following; what will **** people off less and make us look like less of an ***** company? An OS that doesn't work and makes the device worse off or not releasing one at all. I believe he made the right decision and all I'm trying to say is maybe it's time to relax about the whole thing. It sucks, I agree 100% with that. But let's move on already.

Posted via CB10
    You remain free to move on, move up or move out. Others remain free to make sure folks know where BB stands on the pb and corporate promises and maybe get someone to bring out OS2+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ or BB10-------------------------------------

Besides, while most of us know that there will be no loyalty reward, Thor did say it and so the thread is quite legitimate in that regard.
    07-29-13 10:34 PM
    When it was announced that there would be no update to bb10 for the PlayBook, the CEO I indicated they were doing some hard thinking about some sort of incentives for loyal PlayBook users. Any word on this? Incentive for A10? Or more of the same- lip service and no more?

Posted via CB10
    Why do they need an incentive? People bought Playbooks, the Playbooks worked and lasted for two years. I don't know about yours, but mine still works and does everything it did at the beginning.
    07-29-13 10:40 PM
    I think Blackberry would like to forget that the playbook ever existed. I came to the Playbook through an interest in QNX rather than as a blackberry fan and I was disappointed over and again with what was missing (USB otg, Skype and other major apps), updates that broke as much as they fixed, and an app store that allowed dodgy devs to misrepresent apps and remove unflattering reviews. Then they announce that BB10 will be coming to the PB so anyone thinking of making apps for it went over to BB10 and are unlikely to come back. Whether it was incompetence or cussedness the result is the same.
    Nothing they do now can change my opinion of Blackberry. They are dead to me. The best thing would be if Blackberry were broken up and QNX was sold to somebody who can do something useful with it.
    07-29-13 10:44 PM
    Why should we move on? We are not ANTI-BlackBerry. We are the ones who are affected by BlackBerry. We have paid a lot of money. We have to right to bring issues we have with PlayBook and Z10 in the forums. There is not point of having forums if we all have to shut up and MOVE ON like you said. Yea it sucks so what should we just keep quite and buy another BlackBerry product? Where is the justice for PlayBook users? Since day one until now its INCOMPLETE!

You may not be crying, but a lot of people are. Maybe you're one of the pleading or threatening guys. It all depends really what stage you're at in the acceptance of it all. I'm cool with it and it feels good to let it go. Of course I understand why he did what he did and I honestly would have decided the same and I'm willing to bet that in his situation you would have to.I love BlackBerry, but really they are about as screwed as it gets without being dead in the water. They are in "Emergency Stay Alive Mode" and they need to loose dead weight they can't be wasting time with something that's not going anywhere. Hopefully BlackBerry doesn't loose you as a customer, but if they do I'll understand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by arvind1983; 07-30-13 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Removed the word fanboy
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-29-13 11:41 PM
    Why do they need an incentive? People bought Playbooks, the Playbooks worked and lasted for two years. I don't know about yours, but mine still works and does everything it did at the beginning.
    People bought PlayBooks under false promises by RIM/BB that it will receive awesome updates. RIM even quoted it as iPad Killer. Did PlayBook ever receive an awesome update? No, not OS 2.1. It should have been the real 1.0 when it was released. Heck, it took them more than 1 year to bring email and calender! Where is the TAT demoed weather app? Where is the awesome WIFI- file sharing application? We were promised with BlackBerry's famous "COMING SOON" slogan for more than 2 years! A COMPLETE BETRAYAL FROM BLACKBERRY! SHAME ON THOSE WHO DEFEND BLACKBERRY!
    07-29-13 11:46 PM
    Arvind, all I see from you is vitriol from many of your posts in a ton of threads trying to denounce BlackBerry as much as you can. Guess what I bought the Playbook 64GB at full price as well NOT knowing that BB10 was going to be potentially rolled out on it. I had a 7" tablet that was second to none on build quality, OS stability, ergonomic, portability, screen quality, stereo speakers perfect for movies and music, Web browser, HD photo, video, audio recording capabilities, video chat, along with BlackBerry Bridge to access my BlackBerry smartphone messages, BBM, calendar, etc. I could hook it up to my hotel room tv via HDMI and sync it with my Bluetooth keyboard. I could be productive using office documents with Docs To Go and I could remote control my PowerPoint presentations using my phone in front of executives and public speaking engagements. I have enough games to last me a subway ride or 15 hour flight including Angry Birds, FPS, action, tower defense, sports, multi-player board games. Also, I was the resident DJ at a New Year's party using the Pacemaker app because none was present but the music mixingmade the difference!

I bought both my parents and several relatives overseas Playbooks so they could communicate with each other using video chat. Do I think I wasted my money? An absolute no because I didn't care for having BB10 on it and was fine with the as-is state.

I can still do 95% of what I bought it for today (Bridge I need to use my old OS7.1 phone if I really needed to but I don't) and I still carry my Playbook around for productivity and entertainment.

So I didn't get BB10 but to me that was a bonus if they could achieve that and I think they tried. Unfortunately, it wasn't worth creating a bad experience with those technical and memory limitations. I still use the Playbook as does my family and friends that have it. So no biggie for any of us about not having BB10 on the Playbook.

One thing for sure, the Playbook laid the groundwork to show that the QNX kernel can be housed in a mobile device. We now have BB10 in our hands now thanks to the Playbook IMHO.

How much longer are you going to continue on your crusade? I know one thing for sure and that you are sounding like a broken record and a definite turn off when I glance your posts. I'm a tech adopter owning everything from Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Palm, Sony, Motorola, Asus, Nintendo Wii, Xbox, PS3, etc. All have their pros and cons but I'm not going to continually go to some fan forum to show my displeasure for buying something I didn't end up liking. I bought a netbook running on Linpus Linux where I was left with the impression I could dual boot to Windows. Well it couldn't and I've moved on and realized I should have never bought it thinking it could do something it couldn't. Maybe you should too.

Wow such a fanboy. Why should we move on? We are not ANTI-BlackBerry. We are the ones who are affected by BlackBerry. We have paid a lot of money. We have to right to bring issues we have with PlayBook and Z10 in the forums. There is not point of having forums if we all have to shut up and MOVE ON like you said. Yea it sucks so what should we just keep quite and buy another BlackBerry product? Where is the justice for PlayBook users? Since day one until now its INCOMPLETE!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 12:44 AM
    When it was announced that there would be no update to bb10 for the PlayBook, the CEO I indicated they were doing some hard thinking about some sort of incentives for loyal PlayBook users. Any word on this? Incentive for A10? Or more of the same- lip service and no more?

Posted via CB10
    That was lip service. Service over.

Fired from my Z10
    07-30-13 01:01 AM
    BBWorld credit is useless! There aren't that many useful apps (respect to the devs, but its the truth). I bought my PB for more than $600+ on the first day it was released!
    There are a few new good apps coming from BB10 new apps. Most of them are free if you paid for BB10 already.
    07-30-13 01:08 AM
    Arvind, all I see from you is vitriol from many of your posts in a ton of threads trying to denounce BlackBerry as much as you can. Guess what I bought the Playbook 64GB at full price as well NOT knowing that BB10 was going to be potentially rolled out on it. I had a 7" tablet that was second to none on build quality, OS stability, ergonomic, portability, screen quality, stereo speakers perfect for movies and music, Web browser, HD photo, video, audio recording capabilities, video chat, along with BlackBerry Bridge to access my BlackBerry smartphone messages, BBM, calendar, etc. I could hook it up to my hotel room tv via HDMI and sync it with my Bluetooth keyboard. I could be productive using office documents with Docs To Go and I could remote control my PowerPoint presentations using my phone in front of executives and public speaking engagements. I have enough games to last me a subway ride or 15 hour flight including Angry Birds, FPS, action, tower defense, sports, multi-player board games. Also, I was the resident DJ at a New Year's party using the Pacemaker app because none was present but the music mixingmade the difference!

I bought both my parents and several relatives overseas Playbooks so they could communicate with each other using video chat. Do I think I wasted my money? An absolute no because I didn't care for having BB10 on it and was fine with the as-is state.

I can still do 95% of what I bought it for today (Bridge I need to use my old OS7.1 phone if I really needed to but I don't) and I still carry my Playbook around for productivity and entertainment.

So I didn't get BB10 but to me that was a bonus if they could achieve that and I think they tried. Unfortunately, it wasn't worth creating a bad experience with those technical and memory limitations. I still use the Playbook as does my family and friends that have it. So no biggie for any of us about not having BB10 on the Playbook.

One thing for sure, the Playbook laid the groundwork to show that the QNX kernel can be housed in a mobile device. We now have BB10 in our hands now thanks to the Playbook IMHO.

How much longer are you going to continue on your crusade? I know one thing for sure and that you are sounding like a broken record and a definite turn off when I glance your posts. I'm a tech adopter owning everything from Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Palm, Sony, Motorola, Asus, Nintendo Wii, Xbox, PS3, etc. All have their pros and cons but I'm not going to continually go to some fan forum to show my displeasure for buying something I didn't end up liking. I bought a netbook running on Linpus Linux where I was left with the impression I could dual boot to Windows. Well it couldn't and I've moved on and realized I should have never bought it thinking it could do something it couldn't. Maybe you should too.

Posted via CB10
    Arvin is trolling. Time for a Mod.

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-30-13 01:48 AM
    I am really disappointed . I too bought thePlaybook at launching price.
    I recognize it is still much better in most fields than the Ipad, but the lack of support by Blackberry has killed it.
    RE: I recognize it is still much better in most fields than the Ipad, but the lack of support by Blackberry has killed it.

It's a heck of a note that the company behind the product KILLED OFF the ONLY tablet they have, and in the process has KILLED OFF what would have been thousands upon thousands of their *BEST SALESMEN for BlackBerry devices instead of the device being killed off totally by competitors products.

*Best salesmen in the world? Satisfied users, also known as "happy customers". Nothing beats a happy customer.
    Flip side of that is a customer that feels he or she's been done wrong will go out of their way to ruin sales of your products. (Justifiably so) , add to this "THE NET" in which anyone can publish on the net grievances companies need to be aware that thousands upon thousands upon thousands of persons ARE going to read about xyz companies "Dirty laundry" *unlike the days of old in which companies would just "sweep" unhappy customers under the rug.

(In regards to sweeping unhappy customers under the rug, I sort of think BlackBerry has this down to a fine art form in that they just ignore you.)

In regards to the "TIMING" of the news BlackBerry was going against their word into fulfilling statements the CEO and the VP Production Manager and others had made saying the PlayBook would be getting a update to BB10 OS.

I feel they PURPOSELY WAITED until all the stocks of PlayBooks that had been sitting in warehouse for the past 12 to 18 MONTHS had been sold down as the "News" of the PlayBook getting a OS that would bring it current was driving probably 90% of those sales. (On a personal level I bought $4,000 dollars worth of BlackBery products as the company had stated all PlayBooks would be getting a update to BB10 OS. Additionally I made approx 100 PlayBook sales for BlackBerry talking it up.)

I believe they waited and delayed killing off the PlayBook, as the last thing you want in a new device /OS roll out is anything "negative". I bet they A: knew MONTHS ago BB10 OS on the PlayBook wasn't going to work... and B: the time-frame for announcing such was planned.

The "TIMING" on the Playbook was being "killed off" was impeccable.

All you have to do the minimize the impact on new device sales and any negative impacts to the new OS is to wait till a good number of persons with the "new" BB10 OS devices are complaining about this or that problem with the new OS because the typical response from owners of those devices is going to be: Boy I'm glad they killed the PlayBook, as they need to fix MY Cellphone, wish they never worked on that PlayBook, Glad they killed it, they need to be focusing on MY problems...

For those that don't think BlackBery had contingency plans if BB10 wasn't to be on the PlayBook in Business you always have a Plan B, and you also discuses how you can minimize or how you do the best damage control.

In regard to people posting things negative about xyz product:

*Companies these days have persons (Called "SHILLS"- Google it) whose job is to scour the net doing "Damage Control".
    (Their purpose is to deflect /minimize anything "negative" about a product or service.)

Little side note - As with a person that is starved either physically as in the case of withholding food, or emotionally.... When you do get food to that person, and or emotionally help them they will become you biggest fan and lifelong friend.

As it relates to the PlayBook with the dismal lack of updates and fixes it needed to make it competitive if BlackBerry would update the OS, etc many thousands upon thousands of PlayBook owners would be promoting Blackberry products for YEARS to come. Instead BlackBerry gave them the big middle finger with all that implies.

07-30-13 03:06 AM

From Zed to U via CB10
    I don't think Arvin is trolling. He is just more vocal than some of us.
    The fan trolls that claim nothing is wrong are the ones that should be addressed by the mod.

Posted from my ??????
    07-30-13 03:06 AM

Personally, I don't want no 'loyalty rewards/incentives' or whatever it is Thor is 'thinking' about. What I would like is for BB to fix/implement bugs and features that they said they would do for the past 2yrs, and while they're at it(since I'm greedy s.o.b), why not update the website browser and android run time, I mean let's face it, apps are the driving force, despite what some may say.

To satisfy the 'unreasonable' side of me, if it 'costs' too much do fixes and implement what they should have been doing all along, unlock the playbook with warnings that no further supports will be offered at all. If we add an os or whatever and fry our playbooks, oh well, it's our own doings.

Despite the fact my playbook is still working just fine as is, I'd be happy with the fixes and updates that was suppose to be happened, more so than I would be getting some type of BBworld credits or whatever, but that's just me.

IMHO, if it wasn't for the playbook, there wouldn't be any BB10.
    FF22, cmdr_dan and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-30-13 03:10 AM

From Zed to U via CB10
    Give me one proof I am a troll. Let the Mod view all my previous posts history! I have been a contributor to CB in many ways. I cannot be a blind fanboy and shut up like others.
    Robert Roger and Tazos like this.
    07-30-13 03:13 AM
    Two arguments in this thread.

1) We deserve something
    2) Blackberry does not owe us anything.

Yet all along most of Crackberry nation is downloading & installing leaks for BB 10.2, knowing full well they can't even make calls as the radio something whatever doesn't work. Surely this demonstrates the hunger for the latest & greatest of BB10.

So when the Playbook never received official or even leaked OS's for that matter in its life time, besides one update, which was plugging a gaping hole (email & calendar), it's hardly a stretch to sympathize with those feeling left cheated.

We never expected BB10 on the Playbook, we expected the "smartphone" to be running a variation of PB OS as it is "QNX", which would mean PB would get updates as the "smartphone" matured alongside it, then the table turned.

^ That was my understanding any way, that the PB was the beta run for QNX and the smartphones would be born from the PB, the very foundations of the new vision. Ah well.
    07-30-13 04:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 06:57 AM
    You remain free to move on, move up or move out. Others remain free to make sure folks know where BB stands on the pb and corporate promises and maybe get someone to bring out OS2+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ or BB10-------------------------------------

Besides, while most of us know that there will be no loyalty reward, Thor did say it and so the thread is quite legitimate in that regard.
    Absolutely, everybody has the right to do almost anything they want, but sometimes it's healthier to let go of things is all I'm saying. Also, I'm quite sure Thor and his team know exactly how displeased everyone who owns a Playbook is and exactly what they want. Reiteration is unnecessary.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 07:04 AM
    Why should we move on?
    Because you repeating the same things a thousand times over, as you've been doing, isn't going to make the PlayBook come back. Sorry, but it's true. Wish it wasn't true, but she's dead, Jim. She didn't sell well, Jim. A lot of her millions were probably sold at a loss, Jim. The business case to create a successor probably didn't suggest future profitability Jim. The cost to do the release was probably really high, particularly without a successor product to absorb the work, Jim.

Time to let her go ...
    We have to right to bring issues we have with PlayBook and Z10 in the forums.
    You do! But the same issues, week in, week out, month in, month out? You sound very unhappy. You'd probably be happier with a new tablet and on a different mobile nations forum.
    bgregory902 and lotuslanderz like this.
    07-30-13 07:07 AM

From Zed to U via CB10
    Naw. Loud? yes. Highly repetitive? Sure. Deeply unhappy and hurt? Absolutely.

Trolling? No.
    07-30-13 07:08 AM
    Why should we move on? We are not ANTI-BlackBerry. We are the ones who are affected by BlackBerry. We have paid a lot of money. We have to right to bring issues we have with PlayBook and Z10 in the forums. There is not point of having forums if we all have to shut up and MOVE ON like you said. Yea it sucks so what should we just keep quite and buy another BlackBerry product? Where is the justice for PlayBook users? Since day one until now its INCOMPLETE!
    Actually the forums have many more uses besides whining about something that will never happen. I don't think anybody has kept quiet about this issue. I'm pretty sure the message has been received loud and clear. In life, you have three choices when it comes to these situations; 1) Change it 2) Get away from it and 3) Accept what has happened, cut your loses and move on for the love of god. Please pick a route, stop getting up every morning mad that your Playbook doesn't run the OS you want. I just want you to be happy, man! Three deep breaths and let's let go, you'll feel so much better.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 07:16 AM
    Todays episode from BBRY was brought to you by the letters F and U.

That's all the thinking your gonna get from TH & co. which is a goddammed shame imho.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    07-30-13 07:34 AM
    Todays episode from BBRY was brought to you by the letters F and U.

That's all the thinking your gonna get from TH & co. which is a goddammed shame imho.
    It looks like the reply is also F......U....

todays stock quote....bbry $8.67
    07-30-13 07:44 AM
    BlackBerry knows they've disappointed and upset many of their faithful users because from the onset blackberry promised that the playbook would be more. It's not that they hoodwinked people into buying a faulty device.....just an incomplete one that has now been abandoned. That is what is bother playbook owners.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    07-30-13 07:59 AM
    We PB users thought we were going to get BB10. After all, the CEO promised it. We thought we were going to be part of an emerging ecosystem with apps and services across tablets and phones, creating a strong competitor against Apple and Google.

We got none of that. We have a leaky, slow OS with half-assed email client and Web browser, poor Android runtime support and not much else. Improvements were supposed to come in frequent updates but those were shelved for the one big BB10 update which would bring the PlayBook into the same fold as the Z10 and Q10. And now we're not even going to get any fixes because the PlayBook has been completely ignored by its manufacturer.

We waited two years for the promised land (BB10 ) only to be turned away... because we didn't have enough RAM!?
    FF22, imz, WeAreNotAlone and 1 others like this.
    07-30-13 08:16 AM
201 12345 ...