If you bought on day one like myself we are owed nothing as there was no promise at the time of BB10 for our PB's when we purchased it. For the poor buyers that bought after Thor said BB10 would be coming to PB, multiple times at that, they have a beef and are owed something.
    It's not just about BB10. They failed to deliver a lot along the way. I don't even remember all the things they promised. Point is everyone who bought the PlayBook and believed what RIMM/BB were saying until after the announcement of BB10 were lied to in one way or another.

Posted via CB10
    cmdr_dan, FF22, SEAWARRIOR and 5 others like this.
    07-29-13 03:11 PM
    If you bought on day one like myself we are owed nothing as there was no promise at the time of BB10 for our PB's when we purchased it. For the poor buyers that bought after Thor said BB10 would be coming to PB, multiple times at that, they have a beef and are owed something.
    Really where is my USB OTG, the USB to Ethernet adapter they discussed prior to release, or all the enhancements that were coming before BB10 that got pushed off because of BB10 and morphed into the BB10 will cover everything we promised before?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:44 PM
    When it was announced that there would be no update to bb10 for the PlayBook, the CEO I indicated they were doing some hard thinking about some sort of incentives for loyal PlayBook users. Any word on this? Incentive for A10? Or more of the same- lip service and no more?

Posted via CB10
    He will be doing his best Obama and avoiding the issue.
    Robert Roger and Carl Estes like this.
    07-29-13 05:29 PM
    He said we would get $10 of Indonesia apps because they are number 1 there and believe that is a better investment than advertising in the United States, UK, or Canada.
    07-29-13 05:33 PM
    I use my PB every day still and would just like an update for a few things.
    cmdr_dan, FF22 and dphjeff like this.
    07-29-13 05:41 PM
    I heard that Thor has decided not to charge anyone for the update they never received. I think that is pretty swell of him. Hardly thinking at its best!
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-29-13 05:47 PM
    Oh yeah....he's gonna bend wayyyy over backwards to please PlayBook owners....because other than their good ol' boys executive millionaire club, rich CEOs are all about giving money away to hard working middle-to-upper-middle class folk....just click the heels of your ruby red slippers three times and hold your breath until it comes true. In the mean time, I'll have an ambulance sent over
    FF22, Robert Roger and AWB70 like this.
    07-29-13 05:48 PM
    Are they coming out with a new tablet? I'd buy it. My tablet os three years old now, time to upgrade I think.

Posted via CB10
    I would by another "playbook " in a heartbeat! I hope they do release another tablet. And I hope it's 7" too. Perfect size!

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-29-13 05:53 PM
    If they released another I'd take a good discount as compensation. Sell it to PB owners at cost (including r&d if you have to)

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:04 PM
    I can understand some people's hard feelings regarding this issue, but if you bought a $600 piece of equipment based on promises of future abilities then please contact me, I have a few things for sale. Furthermore, if you bought said piece of equipment for the discounted price then you've already got more then your money out of it. I think it's about time for everyone settle down about it and realize that as great as the Playbook was, it's hardware is outdated now and can't support the OS we all want it to. No amount of crying, pleading or threatening will change that.

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz and Enyigma like this.
    07-29-13 06:10 PM
    I can understand some people's hard feelings regarding this issue, but if you bought a $600 piece of equipment based on promises of future abilities then please contact me, I have a few things for sale. Furthermore, if you bought said piece of equipment for the discounted price then you've already got more then your money out of it. I think it's about time for everyone settle down about it and realize that as great as the Playbook was, it's hardware is outdated now and can't support the OS we all want it to. No amount of crying, pleading or threatening will change that.

Posted via CB10
    So we should just lie down and take it. Also tell me what rational person expected no competent full featured and fluid email app on a freaking dual core tablet with a gig of ram. There are so many things on the PlayBook that are ridiculously underdeveloped. Whatever they promised they did but.they did it just well enough so they could say it was there and no more. The people who bought believing improvements would come are the ONLY people who bought the dam thing. I wonder how RIMM would have looked with 10,000 sales after a quarter? Helluva lot worse no? Don't burn the people that believe in you, especially when that's where the only reliable part of your paycheck comes from.

Edit: The hardware is outdated because BlackBerry wants it to be. I am certain BB10 runtimes could run. I for one would be happier with that than anything. You really think this is the only reason they didnt bring it over? How about app purchases for PB. They would be screwed if they updated the PlayBook. Everyone would want the apps they bought for which there was no mechanism to transfer purchases to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:18 PM
    Really where is my USB OTG, the USB to Ethernet adapter they discussed prior to release, or all the enhancements that were coming before BB10 that got pushed off because of BB10 and morphed into the BB10 will cover everything we promised before?

Posted via CB10
    And those poor TAT guys... Where's the Cascades that were to joyously demonstrated? Heck, where's OS2+++.
    07-29-13 06:26 PM
    Oh, back on topic

WHO ARE YOU KIDDING.

Thor thinking about a "loyalty" program was the next hardest thing after cancelling bb10. And cancelling any thought of a "loyalty" program was the next next hardest thing he's done but it is getting easier. Next thing - he'll find screwing everyone will be easy peasy!
    07-29-13 06:32 PM
    When it was announced that there would be no update to bb10 for the PlayBook, the CEO I indicated they were doing some hard thinking about some sort of incentives for loyal PlayBook users. Any word on this? Incentive for A10? Or more of the same- lip service and no more?

Posted via CB10
    everything is hot air, imo, forever where he/they are concerned,,, they/he lost all credibility w/ me & many others,,, they just can't be taken seriously @ all, & if anyone does take them @ their word, they're only kidding themselves...
    07-29-13 06:42 PM
    It's true that anyone who bought a pb on day one wasn't thinking that they would get bb10 on it but.....many (including myself) thought the pb would receive continued development. It's already been stated how when 2.1 finally came it bearly brought was originally promised (what should've been there from the start). I realize that the pb is over 2 yrs old now but for all that time I can honestly say it felt like an unfinished product. Almost....but not quite. I was hoping Bb10 or some watered down version of it was going to change some of that sentiment. Now, I'm not bitter. I do feel that I was misled by BlackBerry and so I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get my money's worth (imho).
    Am I legally 'owed' something? No. But a genuine customer service gesture wouldn't hurt

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:53 PM
    Me too

blackberry nostalgia that never was...sigh
    07-29-13 07:00 PM
    Well with the new N7 out BB better bring the heat

07-29-13 07:01 PM
    I wonder why a platform like Windows can run without major processors in on multiple devices and look the same when BlackBerry has been in the game for longer and can't do any of that

07-29-13 07:02 PM
    Man it is sad. I got two other people to by the Playbook based on future of BB10 and how fluid the playbook was to use - minus the crappy / slow browser. But my playbook is basically just an alarm clock now.

I still have bbry stock! What the hell am I doing holding on to it. I am not interested in the A10 because BBRY did not up the specs, and put some compelling hardware like a decent camera!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell are they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is getting depressing.

I guess I am going down with the ship, it makes it interesting because I have skin in the game. I am a glutton for punishment I guess.

I wish Thorsten Heins would go away and get someone dynamic in there that can turn this titanic around before it is too late, if it is not already.
    07-29-13 07:32 PM
    Thanks, you saved me from typing. Absolutely right. This is not about BB10. It is about the PlayBook. A lot of people claiming it has a life span of 2-3 years, no it is wrong. Since day one PB has never seen light. All it received was false promises of some awsome updates which never came. Stop calling 2.1 as a life changing update!!! It should have been with the initial release but BB rushed out a DUMB tablet before 2.1.

While I this could have been true it was not because BlackBerry effectively released and left a bunch of people with a Beta product. The least they could do is update a few parts of it. As much as Thor didn't want to do this (at least any normal human wouldn't want his company to fail to deliver) I still think that BB10 app compatibility could have been brought over, or android app player, or even bridge, or browser. I don't believe that they simply couldn't do anything. I bought it assuming it would be supported a long time as BlackBerry phones have traditionally been and THE WHOLE time the message was that the PlayBook was going to be updated. We barely got what we were promised in 2.1 and then they tell us that 10.0 will never show up. This isn't just about no BB10, this is about what the company has done. I don't care if Thor inherited it, he is the ceo, he should be doing something to give the company a good image. Honestly no one spends cash in the PlayBook app store because it's a dead end. It's a short lived investment. I think a lot of people assumed those purchases would transfer... that's another story.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor, Ragwan and Robert Roger like this.
    07-29-13 07:50 PM
    We are not crying! We are frustrated with BlackBerry and warning others not to trust BlackBerry anymore. Imagine Some of us loyal users could be potential A10 buyers but now BB lost us as customers! A few will spread words about the bad experience with BB to their friends, families or even in Blogs or other tech forums, it could spread like forest fire for already damaged BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    bodjor and Robert Roger like this.
    07-29-13 07:57 PM
    Oh, back on topic

WHO ARE YOU KIDDING.

Thor thinking about a "loyalty" program was the next hardest thing after cancelling bb10. And cancelling any thought of a "loyalty" program was the next next hardest thing he's done but it is getting easier. Next thing - he'll find screwing everyone will be easy peasy!
    And if the situation get worsened, most of us will be back calling him Mr. Ketchup instead of "Thor"

*just trying to lighten the mood guys*
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-29-13 08:14 PM
    And if the situation get worsened, most of us will be back calling him Mr. Ketchup instead of "Thor"

*just trying to lighten the mood guys*
    Mr Heins has 57 Varieties of excuses. At least the ketchup people have a few excellent well-selling products. Although I'm still not fond of the upsidedown ketchup bottle.
    07-29-13 08:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins is going to offer PlayBook owners one of the same big perks that he gets as CEO:

Unlimited Free Wifi at any Starbuck's, McDonalds, and all international airports!!
    'Keep Moving' with your BB PlayBook just like he does!
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-29-13 09:50 PM
    So we should just lie down and take it.
    Yes, exactly! Unless of course you want to form a protest group and we can all burn our Playbooks in front of BBRY head quarters!!! I'm down with that! Except I need my Playbook for work so maybe I'll burn just the box it came in...

Don't burn the people that believe in you, especially when that's where the only reliable part of your paycheck comes from.
    If you believe in them you should try to see where Thor is coming from and not expect him to soar in like Superman and save the world in one swoop. There are a lot of tough decisions to be made in the world of business and some of them aren't the most popular. Even though it's for the greater good of the company at the present time. You're probably not going to understand fully the reasoning behind these decisions, because you're not in his shoes, you're in yours, and all your shoes want is BB10 on your Playbook. Who cares if contributes to taking the company down. Right? It kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and I oh so wanted that pellet gun and my mom wouldn't let because it wasn't a "good idea". She told me it wasn't for the greater good of society and she was right.

The hardware is outdated because BlackBerry wants it to be. I am certain BB10 runtimes could run. I for one would be happier with that than anything.
    So then why don't you figure out a way to do it. These are the options; believe what the man says or prove him wrong. Simple!

You really think this is the only reason they didnt bring it over? How about app purchases for PB. They would be screwed if they updated the PlayBook. Everyone would want the apps they bought for which there was no mechanism to transfer purchases to BB10.
    Posted via CB10
    You really think he decided just to **** off all of the loyal BlackBerry users who bought the Playbook? He just hired a team of people to work on it for all this time, invested all the time and effort into it and then said "the hell with those guys!" All because of the apps they've already purchased? First off, no and secondly, BB10 is BB10. BBW is BBW. If the Playbook could run BB10 and BBW why would you need a mechanism to transfer purchases. I have already download paid apps and games that I have on my Playbook to my Z10. Mr Ketchup, as he is apparently being called now, asked himself the following; what will **** people off less and make us look like less of an ***** company? An OS that doesn't work and makes the device worse off or not releasing one at all. I believe he made the right decision and all I'm trying to say is maybe it's time to relax about the whole thing. It sucks, I agree 100% with that. But let's move on already.

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    07-29-13 09:53 PM
201 1234 ...