Do any of the CB'ers in Vegas know if OS2.0 will include DLNA certification?

If not, could you ask some of the RIM that you're meeting with?
    M.Rizk likes this.
    01-11-12 12:12 PM
    Is DLNA really a focal point for a mobile device?
    01-11-12 12:16 PM
    Do any of the CB'ers in Vegas know if OS2.0 will include DLNA certification?

If not, could you ask some of the RIM that you're meeting with?
    I'd like to know this too...this is a huge deal for me since I got the PlayBook largely for it's media capabilities.
    01-11-12 01:07 PM
    CFarm3,

DLNA was mentioned by Mike Lazardis last April as a "coming feature" of the PB. There are links to that statement elsewhere here on CB.com. Here is a screenshoot of Crackberry Kevin's comment from last April. and here's the link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-soon-605570/

Plus, many other tablet computers already are DLNA-certified. So, yeah, it IS a focal point for a lot of PB owners and certainly for potential future buyers.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 01-12-12 at 12:32 PM. Reason: to add the jpg and the link
    lma13 and peter9477 like this.
    01-12-12 12:22 PM
    +1 on wanting to know on DLNA. The Bluray in our family room is DLNA, and it is simply outstanding to have all of the movies, videos, music, and photos on the Windows 7 PC upstairs available to watch/listen to on the large screen/home stereo downstairs. Equally outstanding would be to have all of those things available on the PB anywhere in the house.
    01-12-12 01:18 PM
    bumpity bump...
    01-14-12 11:17 AM
    Yes it is for many people. Tablets are for media consumption.
    01-14-12 11:59 AM
    bumpity bump...
    If RIM didn't mention it, and they didn't, it's surely because they're not ready to mention it. It may not be in 2.0 but there are other things we "know" will be in 2.0 that they didn't mention, and many more things that may be in 2.0 but, if they are not, we expect out in the following updates.

I don't know if anyone asked about it, but if they did I'm pretty sure the answer would have been one of those semi-useless "That's not something we're announcing at this time" answers.
    01-14-12 12:17 PM
    If it is for you then yes. If it isn't a focal point for you then no. Clearly it is for some and, therefore, a valid question

I would also like to know as soon as someone can update
    01-14-12 02:49 PM
    are you serious???
    01-14-12 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD