Any way I as a non employee can get the 99$ employee pricing deal? And no I don't nobody anybody personally at rim. Any kind souls here that work for rim that might want to extend the deal to me let me know.
    11-28-11 10:36 PM
    Sure, get a job at RIM.
    robtanz and rcheung135 like this.
    11-28-11 10:53 PM
    i go to Uwaterloo (same university as the founder of RIM), and in Engineering (same faculty as he was in), and i dont get a discounted one neither maybe time to get a coop at RIM
    11-28-11 10:58 PM
    The government can't tax you on the purchase as it being a taxable benefit to the Employee, so there is no way for you to get it without getting access to an Employee.

Fortunately there are over 15000 employee's each with access to 5 devices so theoretically there are 75000 lucky people who will get these smoking deals
    11-29-11 08:18 AM
    Get a job at RIMM. Problem solved.
    11-29-11 08:56 AM
    Get a job at RIMM. Problem solved.
    yeeahhh I bet great simple straightforward supremely useful advice like this is really going to get you places in life.
    11-29-11 09:23 AM
    i go to Uwaterloo (same university as the founder of RIM), and in Engineering (same faculty as he was in), and i dont get a discounted one neither maybe time to get a coop at RIM
    They should have put together a student pricing program for Warriors like us... It's right down the street!
    11-29-11 09:47 AM
    Any way I as a non employee can get the 99$ employee pricing deal?
    This can't be a serious question.
    11-29-11 10:46 AM
    If you go to Waterloo, surely you know someone who works at RIM unless you live under a rock. They employee almost 10 percent of the city. The offer does not apply to co-ops.
    11-29-11 10:49 AM
    This can't be a serious question.
    you'd be surprised how desperate (for lack of a better word) some people are.
    11-29-11 10:57 AM
    Any way I as a non employee can get the 99$ employee pricing deal?
    No; that's why it's called "employee pricing."
    11-29-11 11:00 AM
    On a side note, can I shop at Costco without a membership?
    11-29-11 11:33 AM
    Yes. Just like you can play tennis at that country club where you haven't paid your dues, or rent DVDs from Blockbuster without paying your membership.
    11-29-11 11:50 AM
    No; that's why it's called "employee pricing."
    THAT logic doesn't hold true

in Canada at least FORD has been giving "Employee Pricing" to the consumers for the last year it seems, The TERM Employee Pricing has been over used in advertising for easily the last 3 years to make the term have little to no literal value as you indicate.
    12-02-11 07:30 AM
    You could marry a RIM employee.
    12-02-11 07:54 AM
    My cooworker's wife works at RIM. She ordered 5 (one for me) which will arrive in about a week.
    After adding on the HST and her taxable benefit portion it comes to about $155. Not too bad.
    12-02-11 09:03 AM
    in Canada at least FORD has been giving "Employee Pricing" to the consumers for the last year it seems, The TERM Employee Pricing has been over used in advertising for easily the last 3 years to make the term have little to no literal value as you indicate.
    You don't actually believe that Ford is giving consumers a deal similar to what employees at Ford get (not dealers as they are not employees), do you? The marketing campaign has worked on you if you do.
    12-02-11 09:05 AM
    I have an "Step" uncle that works at rim....... But haven't talked to him in years...at least 18..... so wouldn't feel comfortable asking!!
    12-02-11 09:19 AM
    On a side note, can I shop at Costco without a membership?
    you actually can.

some cheap b@stards have someone with a membership buy them gift cards.
    12-02-11 09:21 AM
    employees could get 10 not 5 :P And it would be really stupid for one of them to get someone they dont know a pb, as if RIM finds out an employee is reselling the pbs they get immediate dismal. I knew a ton of people who wanted one, but decided it isnt worth the risk my bf losing his job in the offchance one of those people decided to be an ***.
    12-02-11 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD