Any update if this will be on T-Mobile?
    11-14-10 07:35 PM
    No, as far as we know, the initial release is only Wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 10:22 PM
    as of now, its not on ANY network since its wifi only. It can operate thru any BB on any network too
    11-14-10 10:23 PM
    Bluetooth tethering shouldn't care which carrier your BB uses. As long as your BB runs OS 5.0 or BB6 (and is nearby), they're support to have the ability to link between devices. The Playbook would just use your existing data plan.

As others have said, other than bluetooth tethering, it will only have wifi. I'll be interested to see how the device does using these connectivity methods.
    11-15-10 06:54 AM
    Any update if this will be on T-Mobile?
    It's a WiFi device, like an iPod. What you're asking is equivalent to asking if a MP3 player is compatible with T-Mobile. The PlayBook doesn't have a cell radio in it.

You will be able to connect it to a BlackBerry via Bluetooth, and that will work regardless of carrier.
    11-15-10 01:32 PM
    It's a WiFi device, like an iPod. What you're asking is equivalent to asking if a MP3 player is compatible with T-Mobile. The PlayBook doesn't have a cell radio in it.

You will be able to connect it to a BlackBerry via Bluetooth, and that will work regardless of carrier.
    Thats good to know. I didnt want to have to add an additional phone line/data plan to my account in order to use this thing. Wifi would work just fine for my needs.
    11-16-10 04:38 PM
    Thats good to know. I didnt want to have to add an additional phone line/data plan to my account in order to use this thing.
    Haha a la iPad you mean?

Like others have said, shouldn't matter what your carrier is.
    11-16-10 07:06 PM
    i want to chime in on this.

if u already own a bb u will have free internets
    11-17-10 02:24 AM
    Haha a la iPad you mean?

Like others have said, shouldn't matter what your carrier is.
    I didnt wanna exactly say that & come off as an Apple basher, buuut.. yes. lol

i want to chime in on this.

if u already own a bb u will have free internets
    Yes, others have stated that you will be able to tether using your blackberry data service.
    11-17-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD