Photoshop
    To what end. Do you even own a playbook, at least one with the Rovi powered US video store? If not, shut up and stop calling others liars and/or fakers, because you don't know what you're talking about..
    93Aero, anon(5597702) and jpash549 like this.
    06-06-14 12:13 PM
    It may not be as fast as the BB10 browser but Origami is acceptable. I do think internet speed/bandwidth and router make a difference, too.
    Especially after a few beer or a few glasses of wine.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-14 12:21 PM
    Photoshop

Posted via CB10
    No it isn't...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-06-14 12:33 PM
    I am really content with my PB, and, once I get a Z10, in a few months, I will be tickled pink....then I will buy a backup 64gb PB, and I will be well on my way Some people may think I have smoked it all now....
    06-06-14 05:18 PM
    To what end. Do you even own a playbook, at least one with the Rovi powered US video store? If not, shut up and stop calling others liars and/or fakers, because you don't know what you're talking about..
    Apparently, he came into this thread to be a jackass.

I live in California and just checked out my version of the Rovi Store.

Found the following movies listed at 0.99:

Anchorman 2
    Wolf of Wall Street
    12 Years a Slave
    The Fighter
    Life of Pi
    Nebraska
    Clear and Present Danger
    Patriot Games
    Hunt for Red October

Over the past 2 weeks or so, I've downloaded all of these movies at these prices to one or the other of my Playbooks. No problems experienced, except with Hunt for Red October, which had audio and video problems.

The "PlayBook Video Store Showing Some Love..." thread lists some movies that have recently been priced at 0.99 at the U.S. Rovi Store. Don't know how many of these movies are still at that price.
    06-06-14 06:40 PM
    The last two Transformers movies are. 99 cents also.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bigjman; 06-07-14 at 09:24 PM.
    06-06-14 08:16 PM
    I wish I had the video store on my PlayBook 4G in Canada. :'(

I think it's a great tablet. The browser is slower than BlackBerry 10, but I leave Java script and Flash on, and I don't find it that slow at all. I'd like to see some more apps and updates, but it's still great. I love bridge, as well.

Posted via CB10
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    06-07-14 02:18 AM
    Man the PB is dopely opely!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 01:36 PM
    The uc Web browser is awesome and the speed is lightening fast even when downloading, but not exactly for videos.
    P.S And you can resume your downloads too
    06-08-14 09:31 AM
    You can enjoy streaming videos from moviedroid, just have asti media player or tubemate installed and you are good to go
    06-08-14 09:44 AM
    I love my playbook.
    I enjoy local tv stations with a converted app called naijatv, well I subscribe for daily bis here for less than a dollar and I get 2.5gb for it so i can stream and download comfortably
    06-08-14 09:59 AM
    I love my PB, though I only use it for Internet and music, I reach for the z10 more.
    TBH it occurred to me there is nothing specifically blackberry I use on it, so could go to any tab. I do hate the fact I can't easily share files or blue tooth from my BlackBerry phone to my BlackBerry PlayBook or vice versa though!

Posted via my lovely Z10
    06-09-14 02:57 AM
    I'd like it if I didn't have so many problems with YouTube, short supply of apps, inability to swipe, lack of net flix, and the list goes on...

Sorry bro but I think mine sucks. I wish I'd never bought it!
    06-09-14 04:06 AM
    Bridge? Are you talking about the card game? Cuz I can't find it, but sure wish I could...
    06-09-14 04:09 AM
    I wish I had the video store on my PlayBook 4G in Canada. :'(

I think it's a great tablet. The browser is slower than BlackBerry 10, but I leave Java script and Flash on, and I don't find it that slow at all. I'd like to see some more apps and updates, but it's still great. I love bridge, as well.

Posted via CB10
    Bridge the card game? Cuz I can't find it. I wish I could...
    06-09-14 04:12 AM
    Bridge the card game? Cuz I can't find it. I wish I could...
    Nope, Scrapmetal58 is referring to the connectivity between the PB and a BlackBerry smartphone.

Back to the original subject, I use mine everyday to keep track of expenses, play old DOS games (I've even got Windows 3.11 for workgroups running on it) and a multitude of other stuff. It works well for me and I shall hang on to it for as long as possible.
    06-09-14 08:07 AM
    I still use mine daily as well..I had the presence of mind to buy the keyboard for it when they first went on sale (my daughter lives in Kitchener, so she got me the introductory price....and before it disappeared). As such, I use it whenever I need a laptop but don't want to be weighed down with one. At night, it goes into a charging cradle (I have three of those, too...one at work, one on the end table, and one on my nightstand) where it recharges for the next day, while running Today's Alarm Clock, which I've raved about before, with its weather and time functions as well as a full-featured clock-(stream)radio.

In the event this one dies, I bought another one waiting in the wings...and if that one dies, there's a third one in the house that my wife will likely not miss, since she has a Z10 that meets her needs better.

So I just don't see where the PlayBook is "dead". Out of production, sure, but dead is when it's broken, and there's no way to fix it.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-09-14 10:05 PM
    The default video store icon that was on the unit when purchased, the store, powered by Rovio. As I mentioned above, I found only 2 movies at this price, also received the email confirmation from Blackberry, with correct pricing. So there were no bait and switch nonsense. Good luck!
    I d/l on my Z30 where they're advertised for 99 cents "Movie Madness" (44 movies available) and then d/l them on my Playbook (no charge.)
    06-10-14 09:34 AM
    Any one out there like me?-screen-20140610-162037.png
    I use mine as a security camera through bbm.

10-Q Very Much.
    06-10-14 03:21 PM
    Use mine daily. Looking for a 4G version with the faster processor.
    06-10-14 10:21 PM
    I still love my 64GB one. I don't use it as much as I used to but I have never wanted a different tablet.
    This one does all I need it to do.
    I don't Netflix or Skype so it really is a terrific device.
    The camera is great and it fits in my purse even with the Casemate POP case I have on it.
    My Mom uses hers almost every day. She has the 16GB one also in a Casemate POP.
    06-12-14 12:32 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen-20140610-162037.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	433.8 KB 
ID:	277439
    I use mine as a security camera through bbm.

10-Q Very Much.
    thanx you just tought me something new even years later this pb just keeps getting better
    06-12-14 09:57 PM
    ^^From the place or area where it was installed, I don't think it makes it as "security" camera... :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:40 PM
48 12