I remembered seeing someone posted using playbook running ios apps. was there any update about it after? or perhaps was banned by apple from publishing it?

cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-23-12 04:48 PM
    Don't hold your breath. It was almost certainly a fake, and even if it was real it's most likely not feasible in the real world.
    12-23-12 06:24 PM
    The only thing I've seen are tweets and posts to get iOS developers to port their apps to PlayBook. Several developers have been able to port their iOS apps in just a few days, and RIM has been targeting iOS developers to get them to port their apps.

I don't think I've ever seen anything about an iOS player.
    12-23-12 06:32 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...aybook-729197/

The ios player was referred to as Brine. I e-mailed the supposed developer and asked him if he was going to release it/how it was going blah blah. He replied with a blunt "Developement is ongoing ". At first I was like YES!!!! But slowly excitement depleated and month's later I look at the "" as a miniacally rude way of saying I AM NOT MAKING AN IOS PLAYER. I don't know what happened to him or anything. Just wish he would atleast admit he was full of sh*t or tell us if he was picked up by Apple.
    12-23-12 09:56 PM
    There is an IOS emulator for Windows called iPadian. If one put it on a windows computer you could probablly mirror it on your playbook. It is free and comes with some apps.
    12-24-12 12:38 AM
    iPadian only mimics the iPad user interface on Windows. It doesn't allow you to run IOS apps.
    12-24-12 03:50 AM
    Correction: As pointed out I should have called iPadian a simulator. It does simulate the screen appearance and runs windows packaged apps which simulate Apple apps. It is not like Blue Stacks which is an Android emulator used on Windows. You can visit an Android app store and download apps for Blue Stacks. The web tells me that there is or was a project called iEmu ( iEmu.org) which was an attempt to make an iPad OS emulator. The project has been either abandoned or gone underground according to web sources either because it proved too difficult or for fear of the Apple lawyers.

The question remains as to wheter you could use iPadian to produce a convincing fake of iPad apps running on a Blackberry Playbook.
    12-24-12 02:15 PM