Hi,
    ive used my blackberry phone charger on PB and seems ok. there are no issues with this?

also if traveling to europe then need to change the charger 'pins' so assume thats ok on PB too? i think you know what i mean the accessories to charger that we usually leave in box lol....
    01-01-12 09:35 PM
    I've read somewhere on Blackberry's site that you can use your phone charger to charge your playbook, or your playbook charger to charge your phone, so I don't think it matters.
    01-01-12 09:39 PM
    The phone charger will be quite a bit slower than the pb charger. Rim actually sells the pb's normal charger as a phone rapid charger.

And, yes, both adapters can be used in Europe (elsewhere) with an adapter that only changes the shape of the prongs/plug. Get the smallest profile prong changer available as some sockets are recessed and some adapters do not fit.
    01-01-12 10:40 PM
    I recently tried using my pb charger for my 9700 (as I only wanted to take 1 charger away with me) and found it wouldn't charge properly, once charged the phone would drop its charge very very rapidly, once I got home and used my phone charger again everything was fine
    01-02-12 03:57 AM
    so the playbook charger is a rapid charger? weird.... because it takes longer than expected to charge playbook. anyone else think playbook charge slow?
    01-02-12 08:38 AM
    The standard Playbook charger is a rapid charger if you use it on your phone.
    01-02-12 08:41 AM
    Rim also sells a two separate charger accessories for the pb. It uses the port or socket on the extreme right (next to the usb) with magnetic connectors. These two chargers are rapid chargers. One is like an ac adapter but terminates in the magnetic plug (like the usb charger) and the other is a dock in which you stand your pb and it engages the magnetic piece at the bottom of the dock.

I use my normal pb charger to charge my 9650/bold for months now with no ill-affects and use the rapid charger to charge my pb.
    01-02-12 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD