Hi guys,

I came across the FlipSteady tablet case, designed for iPad and other tablets. It's kind of a cool concept, started through a Kickstarter project. I asked the designers if one fits the Playbook and the response I got was that there is a design already for the Playbook, and a prototype, so if there is some interest (say 10 people), they'll do a production run. Would be $55 a pop.

Check out the site or on youtube and let me know if you would be interested.

FlipSteady, Origami Inspired Tablet Stand
    09-04-12 04:11 PM
    Very interesting idea and made just down the sound a bit from here.

But also a bit pricy for a pb accessory when the pb is selling for just a bit over twice that much.
    Last edited by F2; 09-04-12 at 08:37 PM.
    09-04-12 06:56 PM
    Might want
    09-04-12 08:36 PM
    But also a bit pricy for a pb accessory when the pb is selling for just a bit over twice that much.
    Not disagreeing with you, even when a lot of cases are going for around that amount. It's nice that they would do a run for just a few of us though.
    09-05-12 11:56 AM
    Only possible issue I can see with this case from the pictures on the site is that it covers the corners of the bezel, which would block some gestures. If they produce a playbook version then they need to leave a gap for corner in bezel gestures.
    09-05-12 02:25 PM
    To borrow a line from the Old Man on Pawn Stars, 'I'd be a buyer around' the $25 mark...just couldn't justify much more than that, right now.

Interesting concept, no doubt.
    09-05-12 02:29 PM
    Hi guys,

I came across the FlipSteady tablet case, designed for iPad and other tablets. It's kind of a cool concept, started through a Kickstarter project. I asked the designers if one fits the Playbook and the response I got was that there is a design already for the Playbook, and a prototype, so if there is some interest (say 10 people), they'll do a production run. Would be $55 a pop.

Check out the site or on youtube and let me know if you would be interested.

FlipSteady, Origami Inspired Tablet Stand
    That's cooler than the other side of the pillow.
    Who said innovation in America was dead?
    The price is a little steep but will purchase for both of my tablets if for no other reason then to support products made in the good ole U S of A. Good stuff thanks for posting Sry just thought it deserved a double.
    09-05-12 02:40 PM
    Very interesting idea and made just down the sound a bit from here.

Lol I always forget that you are here in Washington, F2

Looking at the stand, it seems like a cool idea. But yeah, a bit pricey. Though I'm like the cheapest person I know lol (well, except for when buying mobile devices)
    09-06-12 12:33 AM
    Luxury product for non-luxury purpose.. Just too complicated for a stand!
    09-06-12 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD