I have read so many threads this afternoon that make me wonder why this forum exists!

Yes I know before I start I will get another chastisement from a moderator, but I have read threads that are posted from newbies needing help, to threads knocking newbies to an unbelievable amount of threads about bb10 containing basic wish list of will they, could they, should they, they have, they have not and so on.

Let's face it, we all own pb's and know rim only too well. From a business point of view if it wasn't for the support they first gained from the US government, they would not be as big a company as they are now, or should I say as they were and probably would not still be in business.

They treat their customers like *******, which is up to them, but if anyone is thinking that bb10 will resurrect the company, then dream on. I love my bb phones and my pb's and as my upgrades are due in February I looked forward to what was to come from RIM's attempt to resurrect itself.

I sit here now in the UK terribly disappointed, not only in the weather, but at the lack of anything constructive business wise from RIM. They may have the best products in the marketplace but unless they completely rethink their business ethos, they are destined for failure.

I personally view Apples business ethos with contempt. They do have reasonable products, nowhere near technically as good as BlackBerry, but do they know how to market them. Once you have hyped the users out of their minds and into the must have mentality, you can then ignore your customers. BlackBerry is nowhere near commingled close to that yet, but unfortunately think they are.

Anyway, back to my original train of thought. Lets return to what this forum should be all about. Helping people that without knowing about RIM's business incompetence have purchased a Blackberry product like we all have.

That said, I will get back to my brandy and leave you to your thoughts.

Oh and wait for my next chastisement from the moderators!
    zynks, mpetrol, toffeenose and 3 others like this.
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    I have read so many threads this afternoon that make me wonder why this forum exists!

Yes I know before I start I will get another chastisement from a moderator, but I have read threads that are posted from newbies needing help, to threads knocking newbies to an unbelievable amount of threads about bb10 containing basic wish list of will they, could they, should they, they have, they have not and so on.

Let's face it, we all own pb's and know rim only too well. From a business point of view if it wasn't for the support they first gained from the US government, they would not be as big a company as they are now, or should I say as they were and probably would not still be in business.

They treat their customers like *******, which is up to them, but if anyone is thinking that bb10 will resurrect the company, then dream on. I love my bb phones and my pb's and as my upgrades are due in February I looked forward to what was to come from RIM's attempt to resurrect itself.

I sit here now in the UK terribly disappointed, not only in the weather, but at the lack of anything constructive business wise from RIM. They may have the best products in the marketplace but unless they completely rethink their business ethos, they are destined for failure.

I personally view Apples business ethos with contempt. They do have reasonable products, nowhere near technically as good as BlackBerry, but do they know how to market them. Once you have hyped the users out of their minds and into the must have mentality, you can then ignore your customers. BlackBerry is nowhere near commingled close to that yet, but unfortunately think they are.

Anyway, back to my original train of thought. Lets return to what this forum should be all about. Helping people that without knowing about RIM's business incompetence have purchased a Blackberry product like we all have.

Well in that case i will join you in a drink around the rocks of blackberry land and help those who love BB, like myself and those who are so pissed off today.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    01-30-13 12:00 PM
    Well in that case i will join you in a drink around the rocks of blackberry land and help those who love BB, like myself and those who are so pissed off today.
    The two words I love! Brandy and BlackBerry. But don't be disappointed because it's the norm for RIM.

Secretly I think that their problem is that they are all white wine drinkers or worse still, cocktail drinkers!

Help other who worship the hallowed pb and the company you choose will decide itself!
    pelletizer likes this.
    01-30-13 12:19 PM
    The two words I love! Brandy and BlackBerry. But don't be disappointed because it's the norm for RIM.

Secretly I think that their problem is that they are all white wine drinkers or worse still, cocktail drinkers!

Help other who worship the hallowed pb and the company you choose will decide itself!
    They drink Molson Canadian as they love canadian beer, like myself i am canadian too.

Drink up old fella i say and wash away those memories of old and drag your arse into the future of revelations 99;99
    01-30-13 12:23 PM
    I've said before that the success or failure of a tech company is invariably tied to how people percieve that company and does not rest solely on how technically brilliant one's products are. This is why companies like Apple have been hugely successful - they know how to target every market segment and create instant brand recognition. When people hear "BlackBerry" what do they think ? A dead mobile phone company struggling to survive or a mobile company that caters only for business ?. Even few know (or now knew) that Research In Motion was behind the BlackBerry name !

RIM failed to adapt to the explosive growth in the smartphone market and as a result became complacent. The mobile computing market is extremely dynamic and waits for nobody. Either you continually innovate and make new products or you die a quick death. RIM obviously knows this now but is it all too late for them ? BB10 has now put RIM on a good footing with iOS and Android but is it enough to sway new customers and retain existing ones ? I'd say the answer to this question will be known later this year. I sincerely hope it works out for the best as I find the BlackBerry platform one of the most robust and secure that i've ever used.
    01-30-13 12:33 PM
    I shall keep this short and sweet , this is by far the best post ive read today and the reason i use this site ( to get help and advice) ....well done mate.
    rossjackson01 and sad_old_man like this.
    01-30-13 12:43 PM
    I've said before that the success or failure of a tech company is invariably tied to how people percieve that company and does not rest solely on how technically brilliant one's products are. This is why companies like Apple have been hugely successful - they know how to target every market segment and create instant brand recognition. When people hear "BlackBerry" what do they think ? A dead mobile phone company struggling to survive or a mobile company that caters only for business ?. Even few know (or now knew) that Research In Motion was behind the BlackBerry name !

RIM failed to adapt to the explosive growth in the smartphone market and as a result became complacent. The mobile computing market is extremely dynamic and waits for nobody. Either you continually innovate and make new products or you die a quick death. RIM obviously knows this now but is it all too late for them ? BB10 has now put RIM on a good footing with iOS and Android but is it enough to sway new customers and retain existing ones ? I'd say the answer to this question will be known later this year. I sincerely hope it works out for the best as I find the BlackBerry platform one of the most robust and secure that i've ever used.
    Somewhere along the line I remember saying exactly the same in the days when I didn't know better and that I thought the world of Crackberry existed to help other bb users to get the best out of the product they purchased. Then the world of Crackberry decended upon me and recieved, I think they call it an infringement or some other meaningless name.

Remember we are all here for the same reason. We like bb products and we are desperate for them to be improved. Shame RIM doesn't appreciate that common fact. I often read on here that RIM has no participation or involvement with this user forum.

Mmmmmmmm perhaps that's why they are in the predicament they are today?

Anyway I know why I am here:

I shall keep this short and sweet , this is by far the best post ive read today and the reason i use this site ( to get help and advice) ....well done mate.
    That's all I need to know!
    rossjackson01 and mpetrol like this.
    01-30-13 02:29 PM
    I am here, simply because I am not there.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 01-30-13 at 03:28 PM.
    Schmurf likes this.
    01-30-13 03:16 PM
    Thats the problem with having made up expectations, do you really thought the playbook would get bb10 at the same time the phone was released? You were deluded to think that, and RIM never promised anything, Im fine with my playbook as it is, its useful and does almost everything i want it to do, I dont mind waiting 1 month or two for the update to bb10, specially since RIM promised ALL playbooks would get Bb10.
    01-30-13 03:26 PM
    Thats the problem with having made up expectations, do you really thought the playbook would get bb10 at the same time the phone was released? You were deluded to think that, and RIM never promised anything, Im fine with my playbook as it is, its useful and does almost everything i want it to do, I dont mind waiting 1 month or two for the update to bb10, specially since RIM promised ALL playbooks would get Bb10.
    I am too old to have expectations! Secondly, I don't care if bb10 ever arrives on my pb because as I have said before, all it would mean is days of finding workarounds for mediocre coding that changes things that work already instead of enhancing things I already have.

My pb is perfect as it is. I have learned to focus on what it has and what it can do for me rather than focusing on what I hope it will do for me in the future. RIM are not that good at giving the end user what they want. They give them what they want them to have, not what the end user wants.

However, having said that I did spend last night in my 70s DIY nuclear fall out shelter (and believe me that concrete is cold) with a compulsory bottle of brandy, some pate, some olives, some french and german breads, some brie and another bottle of brandy. Things went fine pressing the update button until the second bottle and then I don't remember anything until this morning!

I did have a strange dream though where Darth Vader appeared and shot me with a pb. I don't like being shot but did the pb have to be running bb10?
    Sammcn likes this.
    01-30-13 03:48 PM

RIM is Canadian....
    01-30-13 05:20 PM
    RIM is Canadian....
    I've been through this exact subject with other members of this forum. They have told me it is not just to the left of Wigan or in Lapland like I thought but in fact exactly where you said it was Canada.

And that means what exactly?

If this is a guessing game here are some of my guesses:

1. They are Canadian ?
    2. They are French?
    3. They are cold?
    4. They like going over waterfalls in barrels?
    5. They make fantastic cold weather clothing?

To protect the innocent, this message will self destruct when bb10 arrives!
    01-31-13 08:45 AM
    I've been through this exact subject with other members of this forum. They have told me it is not just to the left of Wigan or in Lapland like I thought but in fact exactly where you said it was Canada.

And that means what exactly?

If this is a guessing game here are some of my guesses:

1. They are Canadian ?
    2. They are French?
    3. They are cold?
    4. They like going over waterfalls in barrels?
    5. They make fantastic cold weather clothing?

To protect the innocent, this message will self destruct when bb10 arrives!
    That they (rim) are not "propped up" by the United States....as the orginal OP suggested.... )
    ...oh and all of the above....except...they are not French....there is no French in Canada...only French Canadians....the French are from France
    01-31-13 09:56 AM
    ...funny...
    01-31-13 10:22 AM
    That they (rim) are not "propped up" by the United States....as the orginal OP suggested.... )
    ...oh and all of the above....except...they are not French....there is no French in Canada...only French Canadians....the French are from France
    I agree but it does help when nearly every government employee in the USA uses one or is issued with one. Wow what a customer base that must be!
    01-31-13 10:30 AM
    I agree but it does help when nearly every government employee in the USA uses one or is issued with one. Wow what a customer base that must be!
    hmm... I was thinking perhaps they (RIM)...wouldn't be in the situation they have found themselves in...if they had have been a US based company.....they would have realized that releasing Playbook with a high price....without apps, or bbm, or whatever was insanity...and would have given up the 'tablet' experiment by now...A US based RIM would have realized that with 60 to 70 million blackberry subscribers...Maybe...just Maybe....we should ask them ....1. do they want a tablet? 2. what do you want in a tablet? and 3. what would you pay for a tablet?........................................... ..Now i need a tablet....a headache tablet!!
    01-31-13 03:00 PM
    RIM is Canadian....
    correction RIM was canadian.

Blackberry is canadian

I've just found a bottle of creme de mure in my cupboard.
    01-31-13 03:24 PM
    What state is Canada in ?
    01-31-13 03:25 PM
    hmm... I was thinking perhaps they (RIM)...wouldn't be in the situation they have found themselves in...if they had have been a US based company.....they would have realized that releasing Playbook with a high price....without apps, or bbm, or whatever was insanity...and would have given up the 'tablet' experiment by now...A US based RIM would have realized that with 60 to 70 million blackberry subscribers...Maybe...just Maybe....we should ask them ....1. do they want a tablet? 2. what do you want in a tablet? and 3. what would you pay for a tablet?........................................... ..Now i need a tablet....a headache tablet!!
    If you look at the timing of the pb release, it would have to be the result of a knee **** reaction from RIM in response to the announcement of the iPad. They realised the future potential of a tablet market and understandably wanted a share of it.

The problem is when you launch a new product that is a first for the company it attracts far more attention and scrutiny than just another model release. Compounded by the fact that I have seen milk go off faster than RIM seem able to respond to normal everyday business problems. It has taken them from the launch until this day to get the pb somewhere near what it should have been when it was launched.

IMHO RIM would need a miracle and a lot more than BB10 to avoid being taken over. The irony of this is that the company that buys them will be no better if not worse at technology than RIM.

They will however have a better understanding of how customers work and think. I have been told that RIM has no interest in this forum and if that is truly the case then the CEO should stand down. Apple, Samsung and Nokia managers are crawling all over their forums on a daily basis just gaining user perception of their company and products. Not necessarily reacting to it but to be aware customer opinion.

However, I have no idea what caused this post because I have some bourbon to test.
    01-31-13 03:47 PM
    What state is Canada in ?
    the state of confusion
    01-31-13 03:51 PM
    Canada Goose make some great cold weather clothing!
    01-31-13 04:27 PM
    The problem with RIM/BBRY is that they still believe that if they build a far superior device, they will come out on top. Meanwhile, cheap Android devices and limited Ipads are cleaning their clocks.

I explained me owning an Playbook to my co-worker like this. It's like owning a Bugatti in your garage but you don't have the gas to drive it. People walk by and say "wow that thing looks nice". They may even salivate at the thought of seeing one. But when they find out what you can't do, they stop caring how fast the car is. They ignore the hand made seats, the engine, the cockpit controls, the awards won based on design, the records broken, even the special paint finish. All of it is irrelevant cause you can never take it out on the road and really explore those features. Meanwhile your neighbor has a Corvette...the guy down the street has a Lancer...and his neighbor has a Lotus. All inferior cars to your Bugatti...but they can actually drive them around...open them up...see what they can do.

Machiavelli had it right...

“It is unnecessary for a prince to have all the good points I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them.” Apple clearly understands this.
    Roodog46 likes this.
    01-31-13 04:36 PM
    A fine malt sir, nothing else.
    01-31-13 04:40 PM
    Canada Goose make some great cold weather clothing!
    Stop being jealous of our poutine.
    Lendo likes this.
    01-31-13 05:00 PM
    Well I was looking for my keys and found myself here. So I suppose I'm here under false pretenses. Never did find my keys so if anyone comes across keys with no apparent owner please PM. Thanks.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    01-31-13 05:15 PM
35 12