For reasons that escape even myself, I am thinking of buying a Bluetooth keyboard for my Playbook. While the available stock in several Dutch e-stores is getting slim concerning actual "(also) made for Blackberry Playbook" stuff, like the cases with keyboard, one website pointed me to a "Logitech K810 Illuminated Keyboard Qwerty", apparently also compatible. Is this true and could I even go for any (cheaper) BT keyboard (I believe I saw a Samsung keyboard, reasonably priced) or are there any explicit specifications a BT keyboard has to follow in order to be usable with the Playbook? And lastly: is there any you would recommend? Thanks in advance for your reply.
    09-13-13 07:32 AM
    Other BT keyboards will work. Doesn't have to BB's mini.
    09-13-13 07:58 AM
    I'll soon be able to weigh in about the Rii bluetooth keyboard w/ touchpad. From what I've read elsewhere on the forum, this model works like a charm with the PB:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...yboard-848151/

I nabbed one on Ebay for $25CAD. Will test it upon arrival and post results here.

The above thread also mentions another foldable keyboard that works, but apparently it's harder to find. There are other threads, too, so give the forum a search and you'll find some other options.

HTH!
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    09-13-13 07:58 AM
    09-13-13 08:01 AM
    I think MOST BlueTooth keyboards work with PlayBook, but be careful, as I think there are some that don't. Try before you buy if you can. Otherwise, there are a few other threads in this forum on a similar subject which might give you some suggestions.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-13-13 08:35 AM
    I have yet to find a BT device that PB doesn't like. There are all kinds, foldable, mini, full sized, integrated touchpad/ball,etc. I've got a Logitech that works well. I do think there is one that you should stay away from, though. I think it is a BestBuy brand?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-13-13 08:47 AM
    Thanks guys, helpful stuff. Firstly I am going to read the linkmh1983 provided.
    Try before you buy sadly isn't an option and want to have the order out of the door, before I change my mind again...
    09-13-13 08:49 AM
    I have the Rii Keyboard + Touch pad combo mentioned above, and it works perfectly. I would assume most, if not all, generic bluetooth keyboards should work fine.
    09-13-13 08:58 AM
    Just looked at the RII tablet offerings, but they would seem awfully small. I wouldn't need my keyboard on the road, it would merely be a convenience when working at home and so the keys should actually be (significantly) bigger than those on the virtual keyboard...
    09-13-13 09:11 AM
    I have the bb keyboard. The case fits well except for the top buttons are a bit harder to use as the plastic frame is quite rigid. The keyboard and mouse pad are excellent. The keyboard also hooks up to my z10. Neat to use. I have no complaints about the keyboard system. I also have a generic keyboard, but no mouse pad. It works well, but not as nice as the bb system.
    09-13-13 08:13 PM