Not sure how many of these fetaures will be included in the new release..... (even though the lying b*st*rds promised most of them last year.....)

DLNA
    Scrabble (the ability to play Android Scrabble would be great)
    using my BB as a slide clicker when in presentation mode
    bluetooth keyboard
    02-02-12 04:34 AM
    1: calender
    2: email
    3: usb otg (fingers crossed)
    4: apps (better remote control apps, winamp)
    5: browser improvements
    02-02-12 05:25 AM
    USB to go would make me happier....
    02-02-12 06:31 AM
    Not sure how many of these fetaures will be included in the new release..... (even though the lying b*st*rds promised most of them last year.....)

DLNA
    Scrabble (the ability to play Android Scrabble would be great)
    using my BB as a slide clicker when in presentation mode
    bluetooth keyboard
    This post is one of the best I have seen on crackberry. To it I will add:

1. PDF Reader - with search, annotations, bookmarks - it is ridiculous that Adobe has not delivered these essential features
    2. Netflix, HULU
    3. Medscape, Skyscape and other NATIVE medical applications - HUGE opportunity that RIM has deliberately ignored so far!
    scott.slater likes this.
    02-02-12 07:12 AM
    1. Email
    2. BB phone control
    3. A2DP
    4. Android Apps
    5. Print-to-go

As for number 5, I didn't originally see it's usefulness but have found myself needing such an app more recently!
    5. Print togo seems like a total waste of development resources - just email yourself the PDF...
    02-02-12 07:14 AM
    not in order:
    predictive text and auto correct
    search in docs to go and sheets to go
    native email and contacts
    hopefully keyboard use with my bold 9000
    Desparate need for native email and Bridge version of Text Messages (from Blackberry)
    02-02-12 07:15 AM
    one question...what's relevant of bridging when you can have all of this native email, contact,calender and etc. when OS 2 comes out?what will be used for bridgign in OS 2?just to access to BB messenger?
    Network access to your email when you do not have WiFi
    02-02-12 07:18 AM
    Everyone wants apps so that's everyones first ... This would be a top tablet with the android market
    Exactly, user need software. Though the fools are probably fecking around with a Playbook 2. If only they would make the original functional
    02-02-12 07:20 AM
    android market
    Everyone wants apps so that's everyones first ... This would be a top tablet with the android market
    If you want android market, just get an android tab. Playbook's not going to have it. All android apps will be repackaged and sold through app world, and likely won't even mention that they are android apps.

From a quote from RIM (Via n4BB)

"Before submitting your Android application to BlackBerry App World, please make sure to remove all mention of the word �Android� from your application. Both in the application description and the application itself.
    Please remove all links to Android Market from within your application"

Devs: Have Your Android Apps Ready for BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 by Feb 6th | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

What am I anticipating most? Just coming to crackberry and not having a thousand speculative posts about OS2 and when its coming or what its gonna/should have
    Last edited by pigdude; 02-02-12 at 08:27 AM.
    02-02-12 08:25 AM
    All Im hoping for is to have my playbook browser completely load a web page without stopping.
    berry_addict likes this.
    02-02-12 09:03 AM
    Downloading movies, connecting my PB to the hotel hdtv and controlling the movie with my phone while lying in bed at night.
    02-02-12 09:45 AM
    While I may one of a few in this, the one thing I'm most waiting for is to see what new accessibility features will be added... Haven't seen any posts about it (too bad) from CES.
    After that, the Email, new Bridge functions, and well... everything!
    02-02-12 01:25 PM
    Don't know if this is a valid answer or not:
    ALL OF THEM!
    That's exactly what I was going to say!! LOL
    Great minds...
    02-02-12 01:49 PM
    Email, Handheld device as keyboard. Dont really give a rats arse about apps.
    02-02-12 02:28 PM
    Am hoping the browser is more stable and the Bridge Browser has better connection and doesnt freeze.Bought PB because it has bridge capabilities but is sooooooooo slow and looses connection sooooo much I can't rely on it.
    02-02-12 06:14 PM

Yes, it would be nice to use my phone as a keyboard
    02-02-12 06:25 PM
    SKYPE to use so I can call my family back home
    02-02-12 07:21 PM
    I am looking forward to the following features and hopefully these will be implemented as it would make my cool Playbook even more awesome and useful that it has been up to now (which I mainly use for web-browsing, watching videos, podcasts and news feeds, plus a bunch of games):

1. Using my Torch 9810 for REMOTE CONTROL during presentation mode - I want to be able to do a presentation off the playbook without having to lug around my laptop, and advance through the slides with my phone. Now that would be awesome! Now I have to get a micro-HDMI cable.

2. More ANDROID APPS that are only available on Playbook OS2 because the OS1 doesn't have an android player. I am assuming that once OS2 arrives, we will see the APP Store show a bunch of BAR-converted APK files that should be able to run over the Android Player. Right now these android BAR files don't run on OS1 and I assume that they also don't appear in my Playbook's App Store because it knows I am still on OS1. Does anyone know if the Appstore is being populated with ANDROID APPS that have been converted over for playing in the Android player?

3. Using LOGMEIN to control my office PC and hope OS2 will bring us LEFT and RIGHT click functionality with either a bluetooth mouse, or with a Blackberry phone REMOTE CONTROL bridge. My hope is that I can buy a blue-tooth mouse and keyboard and actually use the Playbook with LOGMEIN or other services and be able to click properly. Currently I can log in to LOGMEIN but it is painful to use and impossible to do all of the right-click functions that access pop-up menus. I can't select and drag properly, it is horrible.

4. Same goes for GOOGLE DOCS... I am looking forward to having better mouse pointer control on OS2. It would be nice to have a pointer on my screen to select items, and do fine-tuned layouts and controls like I can do on my laptop. Then I can create an entire Powerpoint presentation "IN THE CLOUD" and then save it down to my Playbook for presentation (which I have done before). However, it was really annoying using Google Docs on the Playbook without a mouse, clicking properly and selecting and dragging or resizing images was almost impossible without a cursor and having both left and right-click functionality like a laptop has. This is a shame, because otherwise all of the web-programming/java ran beautifully on the Playbook's browser!

Not sure if this answers the question.... or whether it is more of a "wish-list" which I am hoping has been included in the Playbook OS2.

I hope someone from RIM listening and already added it to OS2 or will be doing it!!!! That would really solve a lot of problems and make the Playbook a real laptop replacement killer!!!
    02-02-12 10:27 PM
    android market
    You might want to go the rooting route then.you will never see android market on a official os release. IF you want market on the Playbook you have to make your playbook have market yourself...I think alot of people are confused about this./When os2 drops there is not going to be access to every app in android market. You will however have Android apps ported over from the Market to the qnx platform.If the dev decided to port it to the playbook then it will be there and if the dev did not want to,then it wont.
    02-02-12 11:26 PM
    I am looking forward to the following features and hopefully these will be implemented as it would make my cool Playbook even more awesome and useful that it has been up to now (which I mainly use for web-browsing, watching videos, podcasts and news feeds, plus a bunch of games):

1. Using my Torch 9810 for REMOTE CONTROL during presentation mode - I want to be able to do a presentation off the playbook without having to lug around my laptop, and advance through the slides with my phone. Now that would be awesome! Now I have to get a micro-HDMI cable.

2. More ANDROID APPS that are only available on Playbook OS2 because the OS1 doesn't have an android player. I am assuming that once OS2 arrives, we will see the APP Store show a bunch of BAR-converted APK files that should be able to run over the Android Player. Right now these android BAR files don't run on OS1 and I assume that they also don't appear in my Playbook's App Store because it knows I am still on OS1. Does anyone know if the Appstore is being populated with ANDROID APPS that have been converted over for playing in the Android player?

3. Using LOGMEIN to control my office PC and hope OS2 will bring us LEFT and RIGHT click functionality with either a bluetooth mouse, or with a Blackberry phone REMOTE CONTROL bridge. My hope is that I can buy a blue-tooth mouse and keyboard and actually use the Playbook with LOGMEIN or other services and be able to click properly. Currently I can log in to LOGMEIN but it is painful to use and impossible to do all of the right-click functions that access pop-up menus. I can't select and drag properly, it is horrible.

4. Same goes for GOOGLE DOCS... I am looking forward to having better mouse pointer control on OS2. It would be nice to have a pointer on my screen to select items, and do fine-tuned layouts and controls like I can do on my laptop. Then I can create an entire Powerpoint presentation "IN THE CLOUD" and then save it down to my Playbook for presentation (which I have done before). However, it was really annoying using Google Docs on the Playbook without a mouse, clicking properly and selecting and dragging or resizing images was almost impossible without a cursor and having both left and right-click functionality like a laptop has. This is a shame, because otherwise all of the web-programming/java ran beautifully on the Playbook's browser!

Not sure if this answers the question.... or whether it is more of a "wish-list" which I am hoping has been included in the Playbook OS2.

I hope someone from RIM listening and already added it to OS2 or will be doing it!!!! That would really solve a lot of problems and make the Playbook a real laptop replacement killer!!!
    Yes appworld is being populated with ported android apps on os2 beta,it has been happening for about two months.
    02-02-12 11:28 PM
    1 - If the tablet itself counts as a feature... then that. At the moment this PB gets knocked around the office as a $800 mp3 player. No one has any use for it.

2 - Email, with spelling and contextual punctuation.

3 - Email where I can save attachments.

4 - Email where I can add an attachment without scrolling through 1000's of files because there is currently no file browser... just a here's 'all your files view'.

5 - oh I give up. OS 'Too Point-less' will fix a single issue above, hopefully all of them.
    02-03-12 01:03 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD