I can't wait for the New OS 2.0 release but I'm just wondering,what feature of the New OS are you dieing to try out first??

I can't wait to use my 9810 as a mouse for my presentation at work.

Proud Blackberry Fan
    02-01-12 06:29 AM
    I am anxious to use my 9800 keyboard to input on my PB.
    02-01-12 06:33 AM
    I can't wait for the New OS 2.0 release but I'm just wondering,what feature of the New OS are you dieing to try out first??

I can't wait to use my 9810 as a mouse for my presentation at work.

Proud Blackberry Fan
    Don't know if this is a valid answer or not:
    ALL OF THEM!
    02-01-12 06:44 AM
    I want USB OTG
    02-01-12 06:56 AM
    For starters, the new Social Contact Book.

Then, when Mobile Fusion is installed on the company BES and I have recreated by Flex based dashboard applications to run on the PlayBook, the remote feature. We have multiple large screens showing dashboard data and it is a "ooh aah" moment for our customers. It would make even more of a splash if the sales guy could pull out his BB phone and start adjusting the dashboard to show the customers data.
    02-01-12 06:59 AM
    Of course the e-mail client! I can't believe that they don't have an e-mail client at the current OS!
    02-01-12 07:15 AM
    A2DP Bluetooth streaming -- shoulda been there from the get go.
    02-01-12 07:17 AM
    Looking forward to typing features, bug fixes, more stable browser and a multiple IM app that stays active in the background. I don't even care about the email etc. and never have. Might be excited about using my bb to type with but I have a 9850 and I would rather type on the pb.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-01-12 07:29 AM
    My priority list:
    1. email
    2.android apps ( i need appssssss)
    3.keyboard from bb.
    4. stable os (better memory optimization) if this is the reason for apps closing itself while in game.
    4. contacts mayb :P
    bbfan1040 and cdelcampo216 like this.
    02-01-12 07:43 AM
    East Asia multi language support!
    ghwaza, kjic13 and teamfortress like this.
    02-01-12 07:48 AM
    1- Email support
    2- BB integration (typing on 9900)
    3- App support (android)
    4- OS in general....

Come on RIM!!!!!! Makes us proud...
    cdelcampo216 and bbfan1040 like this.
    02-01-12 07:57 AM
    android market
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-01-12 09:00 AM
    The Search function on the Excel Docs-To-Go, because I use a lot of Excel files, with a big amount of lines and columns, and really need that Search capability.
    Also, the Remote feature... I just love that!
    02-01-12 09:08 AM
    I cant wait for bb remote I love the increased functionality between devices. I cant wait to see how smooth and bug free os 2 is.
    02-01-12 09:12 AM
    Everyone wants apps so that's everyones first ... This would be a top tablet with the android market
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-01-12 09:16 AM
    the feature im anticipating is the update button! other than that we'll see in app world if theres anything interesting.
    02-01-12 09:27 AM
    In order of importance:

1. A2DP
    2. USB OTG
    3. More apps (native or android)
    02-01-12 09:54 AM
    oh so many:

-remote with blackberry for mouse and keyboard
    -viewing bb media on pb
    -native EVERYTHING (finally)
    -android apps
    -improved docs to go for school files

probably others but thats a start. just cant wait really
    02-01-12 10:05 AM
    Please ppl - there will be no Android Market! It's well documented that when devs decide to port their apps to PlayBook, they will be included in App World just like any other app there. OP...maybe you should anticipate the spell check....it's DYING - not dieing! (Forgive me - I'm in a crabby mood this morning!)
    Rob Robertson likes this.
    02-01-12 10:06 AM
    Well, if a sms bridge is included (never heard a confirmation it was) that is my #1 sought after feature (before it was bbmgroups on bridge but apparently rim has totally ignored bbm, bridge or otherwise, in this update).

As far as feature we know of, i would say it would have to be the apps android compatibility is bringing... namely, a fully-functioning kindle app and possibly skype video chat.
    02-01-12 10:15 AM
    All of the typing features.
    02-01-12 10:53 AM
    Native email and using my blackberry as a remote and mouse are the highlights for me. Hopefully there's a few surprises that come with the update... Like the keyboard (I'd love some arrow keys and a better looking design)
    02-01-12 11:02 AM
    Definitely using my BB's keyboard. That is going to come in very handy. Also, using my BB as a remote control if my PB is hooked up to my TV.
    02-01-12 11:06 AM
    Please ppl - there will be no Android Market! It's well documented that when devs decide to port their apps to PlayBook, they will be included in App World just like any other app there. OP...maybe you should anticipate the spell check....it's DYING - not dieing! (Forgive me - I'm in a crabby mood this morning!)

No Android market but Android apps. Yes, they are re-packaged and placed in the Appworld but they are still Android apps. Not as good as native apps but better than nothing. Hopefully this move will help make the Playbook more popular and eventually the non-native apps will be removed one day because all the devs will be writing native apps at the same rate as they do now for Android and istuff.
    02-01-12 01:38 PM
    No Android market but Android apps. Yes, they are re-packaged and placed in the Appworld but they are still Android apps. Not as good as native apps but better than nothing. Hopefully this move will help make the Playbook more popular and eventually the non-native apps will be removed one day because all the devs will be writing native apps at the same rate as they do now for Android and istuff.
    I never questioned that. Of course they will still be Android Apps. I just wanted to clarify that it was not 'access to the Android Market' per se. Maybe it was just the way I phrased it! Having said that, I share your hopes that the move will stimulate Dev interest so they begin to write apps natively.
    02-01-12 04:46 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD