So in light of all the buzz about the leaked Android App Player, I have a question to pose...

Will there be any "bridge type" functions for an Android smartphone user with the BlackBerry Playbook? For example; bridging your Playbook to your Android smartphone to access your phone's calendar, notes, internet browser, email, etc. Will there be any benefits to owning an Android phone and Playbook, or will they still remain mutually exclusive?

I currently have a Playbook (and LOVE it), but I'm just a little confused as to what exactly the App player will be used for, other than just running apps. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, I'd just like to get some clarification.

Thanks!
    07-21-11 04:23 PM
    Will there be any "bridge type" functions for an Android smartphone user with the BlackBerry Playbook? For example; bridging your Playbook to your Android smartphone to access your phone's calendar, notes, internet browser, email, etc. Will there be any benefits to owning an Android phone and Playbook, or will they still remain mutually exclusive?
    mutually exclusive

I currently have a Playbook (and LOVE it), but I'm just a little confused as to what exactly the App player will be used for, other than just running apps.
    Thanks!
    basically just that to get more developers/apps otherwise things would just be in the playbook without andriod
    07-21-11 04:39 PM
    wonder if you can actually go to android market for android apps, thru playbook.
    07-21-11 06:52 PM
    wonder if you can actually go to android market for android apps, thru playbook.
    Officially, no. Android Applications will be "repackaged" and sold/delivered through BlackBerry AppWorld. They are still Android applications and will need the Android player to run, but just delivered in a method RIM can control.

Unofficially, we'll see what people can do

As of now, with the early, early beta leak, the Android Marketplace is not working after being sideloaded. Will that change once the official Android Player is released? We'll see....
    07-21-11 07:36 PM
    Officially, no. Android Applications will be "repackaged" and sold/delivered through BlackBerry AppWorld. They are still Android applications and will need the Android player to run, but just delivered in a method RIM can control.

Unofficially, we'll see what people can do

As of now, with the early, early beta leak, the Android Marketplace is not working after being sideloaded. Will that change once the official Android Player is released? We'll see....
    has it ever been done before? loading other OS's application ? how about "security"?
    so this way android developers don't have to change a thing? it will just work thru rim's player?
    07-21-11 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD