I was working for Verizon when the first bluetooth headsets came out about a decade ago. I would've blown a load had you told me that I'd be using Bluetooth to connect a tiny, color screen computer to my tiny, touch screen BlackBerry and browsing the full, unencumbered internet a few years down the road...The Bridge is a far under-advertised asset in RIMs toolbelt.
    I wish someone would just get them to blast a hundred million dollars into marketing (BETTER marketing) in the US. If RIM was pushing the "Blackberry Lifestyle" like we saw in the recent store opening in Indonesia, they could put an end to the fractured-version, malware-ridden mess that Android is quickly becoming.

Please, RIM, read stories like this and kick some Android A$$.
    @redk - wouldn't you love to end up in a RIM - Real-life commercial with this story: can your little green martian tablet do that?!?
    Last edited by willm; 12-09-11 at 12:27 AM. Reason: censor that!
    DavidRupa likes this.
    12-09-11 12:26 AM
    it's a beauty, no need to pay for a separate data package, how could it be anything but a plus.........oh wait a minute, I forgot, the US media outlets view everything about RIM as a negative.
    12-09-11 12:29 PM
    Should you be in an iffy cell reception area and get glitches, break the BT link on the phone and reestablish it.
    well, since someone mentioned that wireless b had issues with blutooth (even though i'm on wireless g) i figured since i was getting a weak signal that maybe the problem was due to the playbook searching and trying to connect to the signal whenever it was present, so i turned it off and that seemed to have worked as far as i can tell.
    12-09-11 10:31 PM
    Well you might have other gadgets operating in the immediate vicinity such as cordless phones, microwaves, printers, etc. Any chatterboxes on the phone while you're browsing?
    no, i work at a tv network so there are mostly pc's, monitors, servers, and satellite dishes all around, which is probably the cause of the weak wifi. anyhow i ended up just turning off the wifi and that seemed to work. thanks for the input though.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 12-09-11 at 10:42 PM.
    12-09-11 10:40 PM
    802.11b, g, and the 2.4ghz version of N, as well as microwaves, cordless phones, and a host of other things cause interference with bluetooth, also having your phone on the opposite side of your body (making the signal go through you) can sometimes degrade quality too.... bluetooth is great, and the bridge is why I'm still getting a playbook instead of an ipad2, but, it can have its glitches, like all good tech, know the weaknesses and support them instead of expecting things to "just work all the time" like an iphone user.
    12-11-11 10:20 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD