Thanks for the previous input on my alarm clock opinion thread.

I have searched for this next request. Unfortunately havent come up with anything satisfactory so before digging a hole and burying the idea I thought Id better try through a thread as last ditch effort.

Looking for something like Google Voice that can be used through Playbook with Wifi only (no phone/tether).

I use Google voice from my desk top quite a bit and love it. Clicked on GMail on the playbook but only the contacts would come up and no luck with calls etc. Checked out the google voice app but this seams (correct me please) only for the BB phones.

Any luck with VOIP for Playbook? The one thread I found just seemed to die with no solution.

TIA

G
    11-17-12 09:05 PM
    Try Comwave. It works decently, plus, there should be a thread or two regarding it on this board.
    11-17-12 09:16 PM
    Any luck with VOIP for Playbook? The one thread I found just seemed to die with no solution.
    There are various solutions, most of them tied to a VOIP supplier (i. e., with application X you'll have to register -and presumably pay- with supplier X, and have a phone number related to X). Comwave belongs to this lot as far as I understand, and seems quite well discussed here.

Then at least one single app allows you to choose (and change) the VOIP supplier; it's a non-free one, named Taki. Dev is reactive (I don't use Taki but another one of his apps).
    11-18-12 09:26 AM