Hey All my Crackberry fans

So I upgraded my Iphone 4 my contract today and got a BB torch with a 16gb playbook free.

You have no idea how happy i am to be back on the BB platform, everything feel right for a change :P

The playbook is beyond amazing, I just flogged my ipad and iphone this thing does everything i need, i just have one question...

How the heck do you increase the system font on the playbook?
    from what i can gather there is no option for it unlike the phones which are excellent for accessibility.

Do you all think its an update issue, or will i have to carry my magnifier every time i need to read an email :P

regardless its good to be back!
    southlander likes this.
    08-04-11 10:21 AM
    I havent found that either but you just have to zoom in or use the pinch to zoom feature and that will do it , Congratz for your purchase! btw why didnt you wait a lil longer and get a BBOS7 phone?
    08-04-11 10:32 AM
    Hey Hey

I need these people to do pinch to zoom on notes and email!

I was tempted to wait for the BBOS7 phones, but the deal for a free playbook and phone wouldn't apply.
    08-04-11 10:36 AM
    Hey, sorry I can't help you out with your problem, but I am looking into getting a PB when/if I pick up a 9860, and I was wondering how much the Bridge uses up your data plan. Hope this doesn't hijack your thread.
    08-04-11 10:39 AM
    Hey Matey

Urm, I've just had it for a short while i dont really use the bridge browser much because i have a portable wifi hotspot thing i carry in my bag.

But id highly recommend the PB and this is coming from some one who until very recently had an Ipad 2 and got rid of it for the PB.
    08-04-11 10:45 AM
    I've had the PB before, but only for 2 weeks, needed the money at the time and couldn't justify the purchase. What is the monthly limit you have on your wifi hotspot thing? And do you know how much your PB has been using so far?
    08-04-11 10:49 AM
    Drimif:

I have not found anyway to enlarge or pinch/zoom the fonts when reading email. It is one of my issues with the pb.
    RNCracker likes this.
    08-04-11 10:58 AM
    The pinch zoom works but you still have to scroll left and right which can be a pain. Need auto word wrap or something when you zoom or are able to chane the font size.
    08-04-11 11:01 AM
    Does pinch/zoom work in an email? I just opened a message on the pb. I cannot pinch/zoom either when looking at the list (left) and the message is open (right) or when I double-tap it so it is the only thing on the screen - it will not zoom.
    08-04-11 12:01 PM
    Hemm the pinch to zoom dosent work on the email from my end...
    08-04-11 01:03 PM
    Hey, sorry I can't help you out with your problem, but I am looking into getting a PB when/if I pick up a 9860, and I was wondering how much the Bridge uses up your data plan. Hope this doesn't hijack your thread.
    It doesn't use up your data plan because it is the same as using your phone. I find I bridge browse when I would normally have browsed with my phone...I like the bigger screen. In my case I am grandfathered in with an unlimited data plan.

As far as the font issue...I am sure that will be addressed when native email is added.
    Last edited by newcollector; 08-04-11 at 01:21 PM.
    08-04-11 01:18 PM
    Try HDMI out to a larger flat panel...for now anyway.
    08-04-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD