07-06-13 12:42 PM
55 123
tools
    You would really want an os that runs like garbage just because it was promised, it would be like installing windows 8 on a 386 lol. I think he made the perfect decision to stop bb10 on the PlayBook. If it didn't run buttery smooth soooo many of you people would have complained and started the "oh BlackBerry is dead", "my PlayBook runs like garbage" " I need a update to fix (insert anything you want here)" threads.
    I think the fact that they MIGHT be bringing an updated version with higher specs is the only option to having a bb10 PlayBook. But I'm sure we will see some updates to the pb os since he did state that they are going to continue to support it. They just have to finish the bb10 launches and then they can change some focus to pb. I still love rocking my pb daily as well as my zed10. I feel the pb will be resurrected soonish, that's just my opinion

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    I'm not sure why everybody keeps saying that it would run like garbage. We don't need the full os. Really not even half of it. Just some of the features. Just as much as I would like scrapbook on my Z I would like remember on my PlayBook. Just as much as I would like the icons from the PlayBook toy Z I would love the keyboard from the Z to the PlayBook. You see it doesn't even have to have peak and flow just SOME if the stuff.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:13 AM
    I wish the blackberry would follow HP touchpad and make an emulator to run BB10 as the did with apps on palm pre. If the can do it with andriod apps why not with BB10. If it's slow than that's your problem, at least you get a chance to see some new apps and not have to change OS. What do you THink? Written from my touchpad..
    07-05-13 02:17 PM
    I'm not sure why everybody keeps saying that it would run like garbage. We don't need the full os. Really not even half of it. Just some of the features. Just as much as I would like scrapbook on my Z I would like remember on my PlayBook. Just as much as I would like the icons from the PlayBook toy Z I would love the keyboard from the Z to the PlayBook. You see it doesn't even have to have peak and flow just SOME if the stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Thats EXACTLY what I'm thinking! The whole BB10 UI on the Playbook would seem kind of weird...
    07-06-13 11:22 AM
    RIM burned itself on the old Playbook...it was late to market, unfinished for too long and promise after promise was broken, disappointment followed disappointment, and they lost a ton of money and respect. It's unimaginable that they'd try again. That being said, if there was an upgraded, updated Playbook that would run BB10 [or at least a modified version that allows BB10 apps to run well and Bridge] I'd probably buy it.

The problem with the present Playbook situation is that no sensible developer will lift a finger to create new apps or upgrade old ones....and the Playbook no longer has fully fledged Bridge capabilities with BB10 handsets. In effect, it's 'walking dead'. Just an updated Bridge for BB10 and a few software and core app upgrades on the present Playbook would mollify a lot of people [well...me, at least].
    07-06-13 11:37 AM
    From the comments made by BBRY recently I doubt very much there will be another PB and very few updates to the ones we presently have other than bug fixes. If they did come out with another one I wouldn't buy it. Too much water under the bridge for me - no pun intended.
    07-06-13 12:42 PM
55 123